• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

because the gameplay is one note and boring imo? The fanservice is the best part of that game

smh

Just don't play Ramlethal...

So many people here wants to play Ramlethal...

God damn it, I was hoping you were the only other Ramlethal.

I fucking love the game (I thought Blazblue was good until I played GGXX) I just don't want to get a PS4 right now, there is too much other shit that is higher on my list.

You know that there's a PS3 version, right?

because the gameplay is one note and boring imo? The fanservice is the best part of that game

Honestly the battle system looks amazing from what I've seen, and the dungoen crawling doesn't look bad(other then maybe the amount of random battles, if thats a thing that bothers you), at least way better the P3/4's dungoen at least(which are just window dressing for you while you trying to get back attacks on shadows) since they actually have puzzles and traps(admittedly, this stuff isn't for everyone).

360pages

But...it's an RPG. It strips a lot of extra stuff off and focus on the core mechanics. I don't see too much wrong with that, considering a lot of people (I don't mind them) dislike Social Links

Do you play ramlethal?
No.
/s

Yes
Honestly the battle system looks amazing from what I've seen, and the dungoen crawling doesn't look bad(other then maybe the amount of random battles, if thats a thing that bothers you), at least way better the P3/4's dungoen at least(which are just window dressing for you while you trying to get back attacks on shadows) since they actually have puzzles and traps(admittedly, this stuff isn't for everyone).
I might pick it up.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
btw guys
B5lz4tbCAAAwxD3.jpg:large
Let the fanart commence.

The core mechanics in Persona are busted and need some help.
None of the Persona games have a good battle system. They just have varying degrees of mediocre ones. PQ is just Etrian Odyssey, and I know I hate that from my 20 hours of EO4.

Play SMT.
Just don't play Ramlethal...

So many people here wants to play Ramlethal...
I think it's just me and you? Though I think SkLa or someone tried her.

None of the Person games have a good battle system. They just have varying degrees of mediocre ones. PQ is just Etrian Odyssey, and I know I hate that from my 20 hours of EO4.

I tried her, but didn't like how slow she was in combat. Switched over to Millia.

360pages

None of the Persona games have a good battle system. They just have varying degrees of mediocre ones. PQ is just Etrian Odyssey, and I know I hate that from my 20 hours of EO4.

Play SMT.

Really SMTIV has shit combat personally, like flat out broken to the highest degree...because someone thought no defense was a good idea. I would honestly rate any EO game combat far above SMTIV's

Really SMTIV has shit combat personally, like flat out broken to the highest degree...because someone thought no defense was a good idea. I would honestly rate any EO game combat far above SMTIV's
I don't care for it either, but I enjoyed playing SMTIV more, just for the press turn system. The things carried over from Nocturne are the strengths there. Even smirks feel really tacked on.

But it's still the Press Turn system so I'd rather have that than most other JRPG combat systems out there.

Play Digital Devil Saga.

360pages

I don't care for it either, but I enjoyed playing SMTIV more, just for the press turn system. The things carried over from Nocturne are the strengths there. Even smirks feel really tacked on.

I enjoyed EO more simply due to team synergy being important and no one Class being completely useless. I like the freedom it gives me a lot more...

The dungeons are better than P3 or P4 for sure but there was a hell of a lot more going on in those games. I was very quickly fatigued by PQ. The one puzzle I can remember running into (on the 3rd Labyrinth) Literally has Naoto take it out of your hands and do it for you if you fail 3 times. I'm not saying it is a bad game, I just don't like it
But...it's an RPG. It strips a lot of extra stuff off and focus on the core mechanics. I don't see too much wrong with that, considering a lot of people (I don't mind them) dislike Social Links

It's an RPG based around systems that I find very tedious. The core mechanics are not enough to hold me in. I need something more then just dungeon crawling. The map drawing is cool for the first labyrinth and after that it I feel like it doesn't add anything. I'll fully admit it is probably good, I just do not like it

360pages

But it's still the Press Turn system so I'd rather have that than most other JRPG combat systems out there.

Play Digital Devil Saga.

The thing is, the Press turn System makes things legit worse in SMTIV because of the smirk System. Combined with no Defense and you legit will either get wrecked or blow through the game with little trouble after Medusa,

I like having binds and Status elements from EO which a lot of games ignore, they are key features since they work even on bosses

What? Persona games have good battle systems. It's just that the dungeon crawling is mediocre because of other stuff.
I don't enjoy mashing a weakness with the same character nearly as much as Press Turn, but I'm being kinda picky. I'd say classic FF is pretty lame before the Job system got more robust.
I enjoyed EO more simply due to team synergy being important and no one Class being completely useless. I like the freedom it gives me a lot more...
I don't even know how to express why I dislike EO combat. There's a lot of classes, lots of customization, but just fighting in a battle isn't very enjoyable. I respect the game, but it don't care for it.

So the game is sort of implied to have Souls-like boss fights.

Look at this bad ass motherfucker.

One of Hallownest's five greatest Knights and defender of the Queen’s Glade. She was driven mad by her Queen lost and the garden overrun. Still she retains her honour, offering fair challenge to the Hollow Knight: Nail against nail. A duel to the death.

There's nothing wrong with P4's combat. It's just that it's simple and boring. However, the dungeons are terrible.

I guess, combat has never been important for me in an rpg. It's at the point when ever I start up a rpg I assume the combat is terrible. But this opinion is probably due to the fact that I hate turn based rpgs.

Xux

So the game is sort of implied to have Souls-like boss fights.

Look at this bad ass motherfucker.

One of Hallownest's five greatest Knights and defender of the Queen’s Glade. She was driven mad by her Queen lost and the garden overrun. Still she retains her honour, offering fair challenge to the Hollow Knight: Nail against nail. A duel to the death.
Damn, that's a fantastic design.

I don't enjoy mashing a weakness with the same character nearly as much as Press Turn, but I'm being kinda picky. I'd say classic FF is pretty lame before the Job system got more robust.

Well then don't say it's bad. I don't think that Persona games have amazing combat, but I wouldn't say they are bad.

Top Bottom