• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Dio cannot tempt me. Only thing that'll get me is a monster girl or a crazy woman.

I mean..I could have worse taste in guys..right?
Could've been this guy.
golden_age_i_cap6.jpg

And no one wants that.

Archgan

Yeah I will have to push through the awkward parts.

I'll just see how far I get.

...I don't know that

I tried reading it, but I didn't think it was all that funny. It was just full of fan service and mildly funny. I'm not a big fan of fan servicey things so it wasn't funny enough to keep me reading.

Alfebit

Banned
That just made me want to play the SK games.

Wow, I love the amount of fucks given in that statement.

ABSOLUTE ZERO

It's a pretty fun game and the characters have a surprising amount of depth when you look past the jiggly boobs and butts part of the game.

That just made me want to play the SK games.

Wow, I love the amount of fucks given in that statement.

ABSOLUTE ZERO

Shinovi Versus is surprisingly good, and gave me a new appreciation for Musuo games. The characters are full of charm and are written well enough for you to like them.

And the lack of a single fuck given is always a plus.

Squishy3

I know, right?
She's a man-faced stick insect with a weird accent who flashes her barely-there tits every three seconds. Even if they'd actually made her attractive (normal proportions and height, larger breasts, younger / softer features, no glasses, normal voice, less of a bitch), there's still the problem of being a fundamentally unrelatable fanservice character forced into a protagonist role, which requires the audience to actually care about their motivations and personality - two areas which Bayonetta can't hope to compete with actual characters like Dante, Ryu Hayabusa and Kratos. And unlike DmC, God of War and Asura's Wrath, where fanservice was used in proper doses to reward the player and develop the main character, in Bayonetta, it's everywhere for no reason. Which is why nobody's ever attempted to sell Aphrodite, Gloria or Hot Spring Attendant #2 as action game protagonists - without being anchored to a proper lead, all you're left with is a directionless attempt at sex appeal that quickly loses its novelty, and an empty void the developers desperately attempt to pretend is a character.

/s

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
over the past 2 years I have become a sucker for thigh highs and kneesocks, god bless japan for embracing them full on.

ultimax

So guilty gear xrd is amazing....

Zato=1 is a badass, and i really like I-no since shes plays kinda similar to Rise. Millia is cool too....
god damn it, they're all great

sjay1994

She's a man-faced stick insect with a weird accent who flashes her barely-there tits every three seconds. Even if they'd actually made her attractive (normal proportions and height, larger breasts, younger / softer features, no glasses, normal voice, less of a bitch), there's still the problem of being a fundamentally unrelatable fanservice character forced into a protagonist role, which requires the audience to actually care about their motivations and personality - two areas which Bayonetta can't hope to compete with actual characters like Dante, Ryu Hayabusa and Kratos. And unlike DmC, God of War and Asura's Wrath, where fanservice was used in proper doses to reward the player and develop the main character, in Bayonetta, it's everywhere for no reason. Which is why nobody's ever attempted to sell Aphrodite, Gloria or Hot Spring Attendant #2 as action game protagonists - without being anchored to a proper lead, all you're left with is a directionless attempt at sex appeal that quickly loses its novelty, and an empty void the developers desperately attempt to pretend is a character.

/s

over the past 2 years I have become a sucker for thigh highs and kneesocks, god bless japan for embracing them full on.

ASIA-547d36db6757f.gif

Oh the fanservice doesn't bother me, just woof at the scenario in general.
Oh.
/s
[Overused I understood that reference gif]

Zato=1 is a badass, and i really like I-no since shes plays kinda similar to Rise. Millia is cool too....
Don't play Zato,
I don't wanna have to fight a Zato :p

Where's my PC port, ArkSys? I said that I was going to try Guilty Gear again, but I'm not buying another stick to play on the PS4.

Alfebit

Banned

/s

That was a lot of effort just for a joke. I like it.

ultimax

You forget the part where Dio voices Zato=1.
Oh i didnt forget that, trust me. Its the main reason im using the Japanese voices.
Oh.

[Overused I understood that reference gif]
Don't play Zato,
I don't wanna have to fight a Zato :p
But hes so cool! He has a god damn stand!
Where's my PC port, ArkSys? I said that I was going to try Guilty Gear again, but I'm not buying another stick to play on the PS4.

It sucks the PS3 sticks dont work on it. For now. Isnt Lab Zero making a driver or something like that?

Just don't play Ramlethal...

So many people here wants to play Ramlethal...
It sucks the PS3 sticks dont work on it. For now. Isnt Lab Zero making a driver or something like that?
They did already. They just need to implement it,

Xux

Oh i didnt forget that, trust me. Its the main reason im using the Japanese voices.

But hes so cool! He has a god damn stand!

Sony should take that driver and make it a console level thing.

I have a PS4 too, but fuck playing it with a controller. I can play the waiting game forever, ArkSys, I don't even like the character designs.

I fucking love the game (I thought Blazblue was good until I played GGXX) I just don't want to get a PS4 right now, there is too much other shit that is higher on my list.

Top Bottom