• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

Max masterballs and max final smashes. 8 man smash, final destination, little mac only
1404097892165.gif

sjay1994

people have been using phones to summon demons in SMT for like the longest time dude. In devil survivor they use DS's

Dude... I am a fucking casual. My first game was P4G... and I went and bought P3P and P3FES after beating golden 4 times.

Persona literally became black tar heroin to me

mike0dude

I don't have ultimax and I work from 10am to 11pm all week, so I can't participate.
me being bad at smash has nothing to do with it

Dude... I am a fucking casual. My first game was P4G... and I went and bought P3P and P3FES after beating golden 4 times.

Persona literally became black tar heroin to me

I bought a vita just to play p4 again. The worst part about it is that I barely even touched the thing since finishing p4g

I need to get more games on that thing

Welcome to the NHK had a really strong start, but these two episodes focused heavily on romance (ep 8 and 9) were fucking awful. Really hope this show doesn't turn into a romance and stays with the psychological stuff. Romance subplots are the fastest way to kill any decent anime.

I bought a vita just to play p4 again. The worst part about it is that I barely even touched the thing since finishing p4g

I need to get more games on that thing

I bought P4G based on GAF hype, which led me to the conclusion that I should never, ever, buy a game based on GAF hype ever again.

Tearaway is so good. If you are into hunting games, apparently Soul Sacrifice is one. There are plenty of JRPGs that I don't play, but they are there.

And, of course, Shinovi Versus.
Also I may need to watch Jojo... I just don't like the look of the animation.

SPOILERS EVERYWHERE
This looks great

This does not

/my opinion that will earn me hate
I actually agree. I hate the way the new Jojo looks, and it is the sole reason why I haven't jumped onto the Friender hype train. That, and because it's long and a Shonen.

sjay1994

I bought P4G based on GAF hype, which led me to the conclusion that I should never, ever, buy a game based on GAF hype ever again.

Tearaway is so good. If you are into hunting games, apparently Soul Sacrifice is one. There are plenty of JRPGs that I don't play, but they are there.

I bought GTA V and Wolfenstien based on GAF hype. GAF hype is the worst.

They aren't anything like P3 or P4 though, and they're kinda clunky.
They are still good games tho.
Welcome to the NHK had a really strong start, but these two episodes focused heavily on romance (ep 8 and 9) were fucking awful. Really hope this show doesn't turn into a romance and stays with the psychological stuff. Romance subplots are the fastest way to kill any decent anime.
I think I stopped watching it for a while because of that reason. I can't remember how far I went.

I bought p4 cause pat told me to. I had the same reaction to it as gerstmann did.

Someone told me tearaway plays like psychonauts so that's the only reason I care about it.

Yeah its a fighting game, and nah its super great

I can't play a multiplayer game if it doesn't go by that philosphy

I bought GTA V and Wolfenstien based on GAF hype. GAF hype is the worst.

I'll give you GTA, because you're not a Rockstar fan, but what was wrong with Wolfenstein? My only serious gripes with the game is that the shotgun feels and sounds like utter shit, and that the sound mixing is garbage, but other than that, it's a great shooter.

I think I stopped watching it for a while because of that reason. I can't remember how far I went.

Its REALLY awful right now. I'll still give it another episode or so, but if its just more of this then I'm stopping for good.

Anime romance is the scum of the medium and needs to die. At least ecchi has life and hometown with the horrible romance too.

How I got into persona is funny, I went to my actual local video game rental store and went intending to rent persona 4 cause the night before I looked up a list of PS2 RPGS cause I wanted to play an RPG.
they didnt have it.
what they did have though was Persona 3
needless to say I spent a whole day playing P3 with no breaks and ot quickly became crack to me and I bought P4 later and now my copy of P4 is signed by JYB

sjay1994

I'll give you GTA, because you're not a Rockstar fan, but what was wrong with Wolfenstein? My only serious gripes with the game is that the shotgun feels and sounds like utter shit, and that the sound mixing is garbage, but other than that, it's a great shooter.

There is nothing wrong with it. Its a decent game, GAF was just tripping over itself saying it was the greatest shooter in years.

There is nothing wrong with it. Its a decent game, GAF was just tripping over itself saying it was the greatest shooter in years.

Oh.

That's hyperbole at it's finest. It's a fantastic shooter, but it doesn't reinvent the wheel, nor doing anything that hasn't been done before. Per package, it's the best shooter released this year, but Destiny trumps it gameplay wise.

sjay1994

Oh.

That's hyperbole at it's finest. It's a fantastic shooter, but it doesn't reinvent the wheel, nor doing anything that hasn't been done before. Per package, it's the best shooter released this year, but Destiny trumps it gameplay wise.

I hate so many things about destiny.... but I can't stop playing it. The actual shooting mechanics in that game is phenomanal. The raids are so much fun with friends.

But everything else about it is mediocre.

360pages

Does anyone who plays pokemon Competitively remember Gen 4 Garchomp? Motherfucker as broken to hell and back, and he legit was never fixed. New pokemon was just introduced to make him less broken. (He's still extremely good)

Now mega kangaskhan is the broken one now.

I haven't read the manga....
How long is steel ball run? Cause it had the longest run.
SBR was published as Seinen and on a monthly release schedule. It's 95 Chapters/21 volumes, but each chapter is way longer than the other part's chapters.

Before you read Part 7 you should read Parts 1 and 3 for reasons I won't explain.

I hate so many things about destiny.... but I can't stop playing it. The actual shooting mechanics in that game is phenomanal. The raids are so much fun with friends.

But everything else about it is mediocre.

I feel Destiny is the greatest feeling console based shooter ever created, but the entire package is so overwhelmingly meh. It's a shame.
Does anyone who plays pokemon Competitively remember Gen 4 Garchomp? Motherfucker as broken to hell and back, and he legit was never fixed. New pokemon was just introduced to make him less broken. (He's still extremely good)

Now mega kangaskhan is the broken one now.
Gen 4 Garchomp was the perfect allocation of Base Stats and movepool. It was just fast enough to outrun base 100s, it had enough bulk to set up, it was a fucking monster with both a Scarf and a Band, it could run a decent mixed set. It's ability took it to the next level.

Garchomp was a force that the world was not ready for.

It looks so overdesigned and overwrought. It looks like incredibly shiny One Piece. It looks really stupid to me.

What is going on with this group?

Just gonna post this again for this who haven't seen.

I'm doing an Ultimax/Smash Tournament thing for fun. Quote to reveal doc with rules/details. Sign ups end 27th around 3PM PST

We'll start after everyone is in and I send people their opponents. If you anyone could repost it from time to time just in case someone hasn't seen I'd be really grateful.

So much more professional than that super dumb thing I put together on Ultimax release day.

My max payne 3 save didn't get transferred for some fucking reason even though it tied to my rock star social club account. So I'm not playing that fucking game

I am still waiting for Banner Saga, FF XIII and DMC3 to get daily/flash sales.
Disappointing so far.

When DmC was on a flash sale DMC3 got lowered. So ya missed it

Top Bottom