• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 9: "Don't Get Cocky, Jesus!"

I really should play the Kingdom Hearts games again sometime. I think I can shut my brain off just fine for all the dumb story bullshit, but I enjoyed the hell out of the gameplay back in the day.

The story, or lack of coherence, I attribute to sqaure's troll job failing. I didn't give a shit, just. Let me play with Disney summons and use the key blade.

What he speaks is true. On pure gameplay in an ARPG, KH2: FM is near perfection, and BBS is a fine game in it's own regard.

Sounds like it'll be something he likes.

Oh yeah, I bought Nier for 360 (RIP PS3) used last night. Much excite. Wanna play Drakengard 1 first, though I know how rough that's supposed to be.

Very rough. Very very rough. I won't bullshit you when I say the gameplay is bad. However the first Drakengard does a great job in setting your expectations in the series and what to expect from it gameplay and story wise.

Expect much better music in the next two games though.

Good thing I've played every single KH game released in NA :3

Sounds like the extra dungeon stuff would be something my brother would appreciate as a huge KH nerd.

Vanilla KH2 plays amazing, but the biggest problem was the game even on its hardest difficulty was SO DAMN EASY.

FM fixes that problem in spades by adding critical difficulty (the only difficulty you should play the game on) and extra bosses/areas that are very difficult.

The story, or lack of coherence, I attribute to sqaure's troll job failing. I didn't give a shit, just. Let me play with Disney summons and use the key blade.
I think I would've liked the crossover shit more if they approached it the same way Banpresto does for Super Robot Wars. I don't want every character being contained in their own universe (save for the summons), like how fucking sick would be to have every possible disney character interacting with each other and having their own weird in jokes?

Alas, what we got was a story comprised of horribly abridged versions of disney films with an even more dumb overarching plot line.

demidar

Warning, the first Kingdom Hearts is rougher than you probably remember it being, and the Final Mix rebalancing is weird.

Opposite for KH2: FM. Fucking butter, and Final Mix makes it better. BBS is great too.

KH1 played fine when I got the 1.5 package.

I think I would've liked the crossover shit more if they approached it the same way Banpresto does for Super Robot Wars. I don't want every character being contained in their own universe (save for the summons), like how fucking sick would be to have every possible disney character interacting with each other and having their own weird in jokes?

Alas, what we got was a story comprised of horribly abridged versions of disney films with an even more dumb overarching plot line.

I just want the Disney stuff to be more prominent/threatening. Too many OCs in this fanfic.

KH1 played fine when I got the 1.5 package.
It plays okay. It's just stiff as all hell, and generally unfun when you are tasked to do any platforming.

Holy shit you guys the Nightmare Before Christmas game is just a DMC and/or God of War clone

Also is it bad I actually enjoy KH's dumb bullshit overly ridiculous story?
That doesn't look like complete shit, and I love the stupid ass story.
Vanilla KH2 plays amazing, but the biggest problem was the game even on its hardest difficulty was SO DAMN EASY.

FM fixes that problem in spades by adding critical difficulty (the only difficulty you should play the game on) and extra bosses/areas that are very difficult.
The biggest problem in Vanilla is that Sora becomes crazy overpowered extremely early, and nothing is properly balanced. Critical mode is great, but I don't recommend always playing on it, because Sora starts overpowered, and ends up in a realm on a different tier, but you are going to die a lot, if you are a beginner.

That dosen't look super fun to me :(

You know what is fun... Freedom Planet

Okay I'll stop now
I KNOW I DON'T HAVE ANY MONEY THOUGH. Soon though, soon I'll finally have it
It plays okay. It's just stiff as all hell, and generally unfun when you are tasked to do any platforming.

That doesn't look like complete shit, and I love the stupid ass story.
Oh man you had to practice for that race in the beginning so much. Riku is such a smug fuck about it

360pages

Sonic Lost World suffered from Gimmick overload. If it was just the 3D levels with some 2D levels here or there it would have been great. But the game insisted on throwing pointless gimmick areas all over the place. Probably for padding...

One could say that it wouldn't be a.....Silent sHilling!.....

I'm the worst.

YM-credit-rating-c_1006023f.jpg

I went into KH2 completely blind when it first came out with no knowledge of the series' existence. I friend was have a sleep over and he rented it for my PS2 since he did not have one. I was not ready for that twist. I liked it but I never played any of the other games and the cellphone game baffled me.

KH1 Riku is such a fucking asshole. Never have I ever wanted to punch a child when I played the game again.

Sora's movement in 2 is so fucking perfect.
No but it's fine cause he's sorry and wanted to be good after. You know what I said that as a joke but it's kinda actually not his fault now that I think about it. Also as much as people hate VGCats at least he got one thing right. Also dat Final Form is like sex

Sephiroth
was a difficult boss. The problem was that he was optional.

I didn't mind the separate worlds narrative. It made sense if you understood that Disney movies exist within the same universe,but not within the same series or planet.

But the heartless doe. They didn't make sense as to what the fuck they were.

As a kid I couldn't even beat the intro of KH1's shitty platforming sequence. I just played it for like 2 hours at my aunts and never got off the island.

You should try the remake. 1.5 was a solid incremental improvement over the problems of KH 1.

He's a joke compared to the optional bosses in that game. The Data Battles and the Lingering Sentiment are extremely difficult even at max level.

I don't remember the data battles or the lingering sentiment...

You should try the remake. 1.5 was a solid incremental improvement over the problems of KH 1.
I have a pair of friends who made me play KH1 and then KH2's intros just last year before getting distracted. KH2 played better enough to be enjoyable to hit things, but I can't say I'm terribly interested.
Fuck it, I'm sick and tired and I'm going to bed. Have a good one Frienders
Everyone's sick, Jesus. Get well soon, man.

Top Bottom