• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

autoduelist

Edit: I do see the potential with the dead cat if you can get it early with upside potential of getting more hp upgrades.

It's a fantastic item. I live off soul/black hearts, not red hearts.

I burn as many red hearts as I can on the Level 2 devil deal anyway.

Another cool trick -- you can spend those 'lives' picking up more devil deals that would otherwise kill you.
-----

Is the cross save fixed on vita/ps4 now? I'm losing my mind going for scapular on vita, and i see there is a ps4 seed.
Though I just realized... wouldn't seeds for a specific scapular also limit what I can find with D6? So ultimately, if it's not a good seed for Meat Boy or Angel Rooms, I'm still screwed. Argghgh.
How does one abuse the seed glitch again so pickups count as finds?

SerTapTap

It's a fantastic item. I live off soul/black hearts, not red hearts.

I burn as many red hearts as I can on the Level 2 devil deal anyway.

Another cool trick -- you can spend those 'lives' picking up more devil deals that would otherwise kill you.
-----

Is the cross save fixed on vita/ps4 now? I'm losing my mind going for scapular on vita, and i see there is a ps4 seed.
Though I just realized... wouldn't seeds for a specific scapular also limit what I can find with D6? So ultimately, if it's not a good seed for Meat Boy or Angel Rooms, I'm still screwed. Argghgh.
How does one abuse the seed glitch again so pickups count as finds?

Cross save was fixed like a month ago.

Are PS Vita and PS4 seeds different too? Jeez.

autoduelist

ok so ps4 seeds work on vita, tested with scapular. How exactly do i do seed glitch on non challenge runs? im just looking to find some rares and do meatboy.

autoduelist

Finally found a game with pyromaniac. It's no scapular, but I managed to get sharp plug at a store and I just spent the last hour cycling through boss room (and now treasure room) items looking for either scapular or ipecac so I can fuel infinite d6s.

I assume that if I pass something by, but don't pick it up, I can see it again on later floors? Because I saw and passed by the Monster Manual, and that's the whole damn reason I'm doing this.

It's annoying to recharge currently (two green puker dudes in a small cavern room, need to get hit by them and have them open the door for me... 2 tries per refuel.

Manu

Sorry to interrupt, noob pride time.

I beat Isaac with Isaac for the first time today. And with, like, the shittiest loadout ever.

Video

autoduelist

after over an hour spent cycling through pool with pyro and sharp plug using enemy room, i accidentally hit sharp plug twice and died. shoot me now.

EDIT... lol and i get scapular in my second new start. boi trolls so damn hard.
seed ef2n aw2g. good for vita and sbould be good for ps4
note... i think i used d6 in treasure room to get it

SerTapTap

Okay I'm Guppy Ludovico isaac with 3 followers and I constantly spawn flies and spiders and I shoot tech 1 in the direction of my ludovico shot and I'm getting very very dizzy

Suicide King... if there is anything that makes me want to never have to do a Platinum Run again, it's that. The only way I beat it was to get Mom's Knife (AKA, to disable the challenge :p). IMO, the difficulty was too high for how little you got along the way and for how far you had to go.

SerTapTap

Suicide King... if there is anything that makes me want to never have to do a Platinum Run again, it's that. The only way I beat it was to get Mom's Knife (AKA, to disable the challenge :p). IMO, the difficulty was too high for how little you got along the way and for how far you had to go.

I honestly though it was pretty fun, since it forces you to play really accurately. But some enemies/bosses are far far more annoying than others (anything that rushes at you becomes insanely hard to damage w/o hurting yourself). I think it had very much the right idea for a challenge.

The Dr Fetus challenge though...just annoying as hell since he's been nerfed. No skill there beyond slowly chipping away or frantically dodging your own bombs.

Kuroyume

Banned
The patch fucked with dark bum which fucking blows cause it just made playing with blue baby that much more annoying.

Btw, how fucking impossible is it to get Superr Meat Boy or Bandage Girl? Meat Boy was not even that rare in the original. Now it's like I'm above 100 hours in the game and still no luck getting either. I believe I spawned a walking meat boy just once.

dickroach

fucking Steam got me. been trying to turn off my internet every time I logged in so the patch wouldn't download, but they got me somehow.

Dead Cat is only worth it if you have Soul Hearts or a Paw, but then it's great.

Yep. Just got it on an OP run and it ruined my game. Mostly because of Dr. Fetus though. It's a great item if you have items that guarantee soul/black hearts. If not, I find it terrible.

On a side note, I've been listening to this nonstop these past couple of days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqE6gwZqkbw

There are some amazing tracks in Rebirth, but it's hard to go against perfection. And I can't get enough of this guy's cover.
I don't know why they went more subtle on most of the tracks in this game. But when it goes, it goes hard.

Gorger

So with the help of some seed abusing and a dead cat I managed to complete all the hard bosses with lost and I got Super Meat Boy + Bandage girl. What is the next hardest challenge when working towards platinum god?

Gorger

The patch fucked with dark bum which fucking blows cause it just made playing with blue baby that much more annoying.

Btw, how fucking impossible is it to get Superr Meat Boy or Bandage Girl? Meat Boy was not even that rare in the original. Now it's like I'm above 100 hours in the game and still no luck getting either. I believe I spawned a walking meat boy just once.

The only viable way to do it is to get an item that makes your tears into bombs and then find the item that heals you when bomb hits (pyromaniac) . Lastly get the Spark plug so you use two hearts to regenerate your charge. Lastly find the monster manual which will add a random familiar at the cost of 3 charges.

Now use the spark plug to refill your charge after using monster manual then stand by the wall and shoot at it to blow yourself up for health. Repeat the process and keep spawning familiars until you eventually will get Super Meat Boy and Bandage girl.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Only got 3 challenges left. Suicide King, Family Man and whatever the unlockable challenge 11 is. Family Man seems doable, but fuck Suicide King. Almost had Family Man done just now but got fucked over by the beams of light that go from corner to corner in the Isaac fight. Yeah I still don't see how I'm supposed to know when the corner isn't going to be safe. But yeah I should be able to get Family Man done as soon as I get an Isaac fight where the corner is safe for the whole fight. Which is most of the time. That's what makes it so frustrating when this happens. Most of the time the corner is safe and when it isn't it catches me off guard.

Only got 3 challenges left. Suicide King, Family Man and whatever the unlockable challenge 11 is. Family Man seems doable, but fuck Suicide King. Almost had Family Man done just now but got fucked over by the beams of light that go from corner to corner in the Isaac fight. Yeah I still don't see how I'm supposed to know when the corner isn't going to be safe. But yeah I should be able to get Family Man done as soon as I get an Isaac fight where the corner is safe for the whole fight. Which is most of the time. That's what makes it so frustrating when this happens. Most of the time the corner is safe and when it isn't it catches me off guard.

Depending on where the beam starts out (upper left or right), you can assume the safe spots should be the adjacent corners to the first beam.
That is, if the beam starts from the upper right, the lower right and upper left should be safe.

Blue baby's telefrag is more annoying tbh lol

I can't believe how good I am compared to how I started. The game takes you on such a journey.

All challenges complete, almost all characters have all boxes lit up. (I struggle with Eve for some reason), Maggie needs Boss Rush and Lazarus needs Boss Rush/Dark Room.

And of course -
Poop needs everything, I haven't overly tried yet.

Finally ...
Unlock The Lost and fail miserably forever or just keep going until I get an OP run going xat least 3

Honestly, when I started I didn't even think I'd have a remote shot at the Platinum Trophy but I'm getting really close and it doesn't feel impossible anymore outside of the thing being broken(is it still?)

autoduelist

So with the help of some seed abusing and a dead cat I managed to complete all the hard bosses with lost and I got Super Meat Boy + Bandage girl. What is the next hardest challenge when working towards platinum god?

can someone please explain exactly bow to abuse seeds on normal runs (not challenges). thanks!

I just discovered how to use the power-ups. LOL why didn't I look this up earlier? I discovered it on my own lol.

This game is very difficult, but not because of the controls. It's difficult because I suck. And I love that.

Wow, did glass cannon on my first attempt. Seemed like one of the easiest challenges to be honest. Just suicide king left now. God I hate this one.

There are some challenges which feel like they just threw fun synergies together. Glass Cannon, Slow Roll and Computer Savvy were not difficult at all. I'd also include Demo Man, because Fetus + Remote Detonator is actually pretty awesome.

SerTapTap

The Vita/PS4 patch status is puzzling. Bombing special rooms works at least on Vita, teleport AI for Blue Baby isn't fixed unless it wasn't supposed to be, can't tell with lumps, Krampus' Head is still 3 ticks on Vita, and I know spiders from Dark Bum are rare, but he didn't seem changed at all in the run I found him in. Also no retroactive trophies =/. I actually haven't noticed a single difference since both patches.

autoduelist

The Vita/PS4 patch status is puzzling. Bombing special rooms works at least on Vita, teleport AI for Blue Baby isn't fixed unless it wasn't supposed to be, can't tell with lumps, Krampus' Head is still 3 ticks on Vita, and I know spiders from Dark Bum are rare, but he didn't seem changed at all in the run I found him in. Also no retroactive trophies =/. I actually haven't noticed a single difference since both patches.

At least it retroactively unlocked godshead and endings.

I had one of those angels that hovers for awhile (not a lump) just teleport on top of me, though.

If I can't figure out how to use seeds on normal runs I'm putting down this game. I can't, I seriously can't, deal with trying to get scapular again. I'm losing my mind on these collectables and it's destroying an otherwise great game for me.

Top Bottom