• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

SerTapTap

Did "injections" like Growth Hormones always show up in item rooms? I keep getting them and they mostly suck, I don't recall seeing that before

At least it retroactively unlocked godshead and endings.

I had one of those angels that hovers for awhile (not a lump) just teleport on top of me, though.

If I can't figure out how to use seeds on normal runs I'm putting down this game. I can't, I seriously can't, deal with trying to get scapular again. I'm losing my mind on these collectables and it's destroying an otherwise great game for me.

Scapular? I've gotten that incredibly terrible item several times, one of my biggest fears when entering an angel room. Should be easy enough with D6 + angel room + key pedestal. God Head is the one that sucks

I haven't had a lump telefrag me yet, but they're so insanely random it's hard to tell if it's fixed or luck.

dickroach

what's with the donation machines breaking? every single time I have a decent amount of coins the thing stop taking donations after like 5 cents

CassSept

I can't believe how good I am compared to how I started. The game takes you on such a journey.

All challenges complete, almost all characters have all boxes lit up. (I struggle with Eve for some reason), Maggie needs Boss Rush and Lazarus needs Boss Rush/Dark Room.

Yeah it's great how you can feel how much better you are as you play :)

With Eve use the sacrifice room on the first floor and keep her at 1 heart, she's very powerful actually

SerTapTap

I love how Slow affects some enemies' AI. If Gurdy Jr. tries to charge when she's slowed she moves about two feet then stops.

BTW curse rooms giving you eternal hearts is such a dick move. I think it was just a random item from the sealed chest pool but ugh.

what's with the donation machines breaking? every single time I have a decent amount of coins the thing stop taking donations after like 5 cents

It's random. Unless you REALLY need the unlock NOW (eg for the secret character) just finish everything else first and donate as you go, it's way less frustrating

autoduelist

Scapular? I've gotten that incredibly terrible item several times, one of my biggest fears when entering an angel room. Should be easy enough with D6 + angel room + key pedestal. God Head is the one that sucks

No, I need scapular (or pyro) to get the D6 going so I can get Meat Boy/Girl.

I'm losing my mind to it. It's not worth playing through, hoping to get an angel room, then hoping D6 spawns it... that's a huge time commitment compared to just starting with it.

I've heard people got seeds to work on normal runs here, I'm just waiting for someone to explain how. If I can't, I'm giving up on the game because I've invested hours into it already and the game has become unfun -- I'm so close to platinum god I can't resist going for it, but going for it sucks. I almost had it all yesterday, but accidentally hit sharp knife twice and killed myself after over an hour of cycling through the item pool. I had a scapular run shortly after, but no habit / sharp plug dropped in the store, even d6ing it, so it was another wasted 40 minutes.

Even if I had a scapular run, it would still take me awhile to get the remaining angel room items, etc, so doing it w/o a seed is killing me. I even have a working seed now, I just don't know how you're supposed to use it w/o disabling stuff.

1/15 chance, I believe. So you should average, over countless runs, about 15 per run, even though it'll feel like less since you'll remember all the 1-3 coin runs.

Camwi

This has probably been asked a million times, but how does Godhead unlock after downloading the patch? I started up the game again and nothing happened. Do I have to do something specific?

EDIT - Nevermind, started a game with The Lost and it unlocked for me. Yay!

SerTapTap

Bombing into secret rooms from special rooms still works on PS4 as well.

I'm losing my mind to it.

It's not worth playing through, hoping to get an angel room, then hoping D6 spawns it... that's a huge time commitment compared to just starting with it.

I've heard people got seeds to work on normal runs here, I'm just waiting for someone to explain how.

Ohhhh yeah that whole thing seems super annoying. Getting all unlocks should be enough.

On a positive note, I got Black Lotus purely by chance! It's pretty rare though, first time I recall seeing a collectable in an item room at all. Not looking forward to unlocking then FINDING godhead at all.

Anustart

I'm losing my mind to it. It's not worth playing through, hoping to get an angel room, then hoping D6 spawns it... that's a huge time commitment compared to just starting with it.

I've heard people got seeds to work on normal runs here, I'm just waiting for someone to explain how. If I can't, I'm giving up on the game because I've invested hours into it already and the game has become unfun -- I'm so close to platinum god I can't resist going for it, but going for it sucks. I almost had it all yesterday, but accidentally hit sharp knife twice and killed myself after over an hour of cycling through the item pool. I had a scapular run shortly after, but no habit / sharp plug dropped in the store, even d6ing it, so it was another wasted 40 minutes.

Even if I had a scapular run, it would still take me awhile to get the remaining angel room items, etc, so doing it w/o a seed is killing me. I even have a working seed now, I just don't know how you're supposed to use it w/o disabling stuff.

1/15 chance, I believe. So you should average, over countless runs, about 15 per run, even though it'll feel like less since you'll remember all the 1-3 coin runs.

Much less time commitment if you just keep restarting basement I until you get pyro instead of venturing to the first angel room and praying.

BigAT

Did you always not get the amount of coins out that the donation machine drops by? The counter is dropping by 4 for every 3 coins it gives.

autoduelist

Much less time commitment if you just keep restarting basement I until you get pyro instead of venturing to the first angel room and praying.

Yes, exactly. Which is why I thought someone said you can get seeds to glitch work on normal runs -- I've restarted a few hundred times (hours worth) and only seen scapular once (on a run that had no sharp plug/habit).

But I can't figure out how to get seeds to work on normal runs. I can do it for challenges (though i beat all challenges w/o that glitch).

In fact I think it ALWAYS destroys some coins

I'm not sure it did pre-any patch, but it definitely has for some time. My 999 coins are down to 100.

SerTapTap

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I just got Pyromaniac 4 floors after passing up on Kamikazi. Why not the other way around, game.

Also there's no surer way to make sure I get a build that has high health, defense and almost no devil deals than playing as Eve.

Hesemonni

Banned
Am I the only one who prefers playing the game on Vita because of the analog sticks instead of DS4?

E: Doesn't it always destroy one coin when withdrawal is made?

SerTapTap

I've never bombed a donation machine, but from the very first time I looked them up on the rebirth wiki it's said some coins are destroyed rather than output.

I've heard people got seeds to work on normal runs here, I'm just waiting for someone to explain how.

Assuming you're still on one of the versions that allows the glitch, go to the character select screen, enter a seed, then back out to the title screen (Circle three or so times?). Go back and pick your character, and you *should* be able to use the seed you entered.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I just saw on twitter that EU will not be getting PS4 and Vita patches before next year.
holy shit.

https://twitter.com/tyronerodriguez/status/542843000552820736
read the replies
Nicalis? Slow in Europe?
ShamelessPhysicalArctichare.gif

At least this gives me some time to enjoy Dark Bum.
How big is the patch? I hope it's not as big as the game again because space is precious.

SerTapTap

Oh wow, The Cage's earthquake spike things seem to count as explosions for Pyromaniac

Nicalis? Slow in Europe?
How big is the patch? I hope it's not as big as the game again because space is precious.

The patch changes game files rather than adding (mostly) so it won't actually add much space on your Vita card I think. My BOI Vita is 800mb post patch but the patch was 300mb

Also like I've said, patch 1.03 on PS platforms appears to not actually do much of anything and Dark Bum still totally works the same on PS4 and Krampus is definitely 3 ticks on Vita.

Nicalis? Slow in Europe?
ShamelessPhysicalArctichare.gif

I just want my trophies ;_;
I'm also interested what the total filesize of the Vita version is now. It doubled with the first patch right? That shouldn't happen.

Gorger

can someone please explain exactly bow to abuse seeds on normal runs (not challenges). thanks!

Write in the seed you want then back out to where you choose between your three save games. Then go back in and start your game normally. It will sill remember the last seed used, and you'll be able to unlock stuff.

rbanke

Since the original sync fix it's been working flawlessly. I hadn't played on my vita since 1.03 and today I picked it up and downloaded my synced save and started a run. After a bit I decided to finish playing it on my PS4 and exited and uploaded the save and downloaded on the ps4, continue is grayed out. Weird, I tried it again and same thing. I finished the run on vita (died) and uploaded the save and sure enough the death count on ps4 is the same. So either they purposely removed the ability to continue between platforms or broke yet another part of this game with the patch (yes both are 1.03). I use this feature all the time and on top of the trophies still being broken and countless other gameplay glitches, my enthusiasm for BoI is really tapering off.

SerTapTap

Write in the seed you want then back out to where you choose between your three save games. Then go back in and start your game normally. It will sill remember the last seed used, and you'll be able to unlock stuff.

Welp this still works on PS4. Any good seeds for beating hard mode as The Lost? Something better than just starting with the holy mantle ideally, as I already found one of those

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So I just reached caves 1 and have cleared out 1 room + the shop. (So basically just starting caves 1)

I now have: Coat Hanger, Book of Belial, Dead Cat, Odd Mushroom, Mom's Perfume, Death's Touch, and Stopwatch.

Is this the run? The run where I finally complete everything I need to with The Lost? :O

Nillansan

I just got the Super Meat Boy achievement without using the Seed exploit, I was lucky enough to find Book of Revelations on the first floor. Next up, Bandage Girl.

RNG Gods, please.

Nillansan

So I just reached caves 1 and have cleared out 1 room + the shop. (So basically just starting caves 1)

I now have: Coat Hanger, Book of Belial, Dead Cat, Odd Mushroom, Mom's Perfume, Death's Touch, and Stopwatch.

Is this the run? The run where I finally complete everything I need to with The Lost? :O

You can do it! Would you mind sharing your seed?

SerTapTap

You're kidding me. I went to unlock The Lost and thanks to Rotten Baby and Mom's Knife I accidentally killed him while simply waiting for his attacks to kill me. Damn everything.

Nillansan

Welp this still works on PS4. Any good seeds for beating hard mode as The Lost? Something better than just starting with the holy mantle ideally, as I already found one of those

I am not sure if PC Seeds work for PS4, but 0GJX YMH8 apparently has the Stop Watch on the second floor.

Holy shit
Mega Satan
. I had a super good loadout and I still died.

Ah well, next time.
I just fought him for the first time with a very broken Technology/fly spamming load out. I didn't want to challenge him at first so I actually cleaned the dark room from top to bottom, including its boss, before going back.

I beat him by staying at the bottom and spamming my shit from a distance.

My biggest letdown here was that I had a Book of Revelation early on and clung to it: I ended up with 3 meat cubes and one bandage ball. I thought the game was supposed to prevent mixing both but it apparently doesn't. That was my best shot at finally getting that fucking Meat Boy.

autoduelist

OH. Dang it, for some reason I'd only tried backing out to the first select screen, this didn't cross my mind.

WORKS --

Ok --

PS4 and Vita users who plan on platinuming the game, bookmark this post. This works on the current patch (1.03, I believe).

To get early 'infinite D6', Meat Boy/Girl, Etc.

Use seed SCHS XTT4

Enter it, then back out twice to load screen, then start new Isaac (D6) game on normal.

First Floor Notes
-There will be no keys on the first floor.
- The treasure room is fairly worthless. Unicorn horn or Ankh if you d6. You don't need to pick up either.
- Don't bother going right from start. It's a time consuming Envy that only drops a coin.
- In the spider room, if you can get a spider to blow up near the X tinted rock, you get 2 souls hearts. You probably don't need them, but better safe...
-In spider room, top right pot has a swallowed penny. You'll make tons of cash next floor, but just in case get this. Use your 1 bomb or kill a spider near it.
-secret room - skip it
-super secret room - skip it

-you'll be fighting The Haunt, so those extra soul hearts might come in handy since you don't want any red heart damage on floor two. EDIT - -nm, you'll be getting the goat head soon, so damage doesn't matter since once you reenter boss room on lvl2 the door will open if you have the GH.

Floor 2 Notes
-Go left one room. This will give you a key.
-Go back right, then up twice
-Use key to get in shop
-Buy Sharp Plug (!!!!!!!!!!) on sale for 7
-bomb up to secret room, bomb right to Treasure Room and you have Scapular! (you spent one bomb on floor 1 to get swallowed penny, got one on way to shop, and will get two in secret room to get you to treasure room)
-One D6 on the boomerang in the store will get you Stopwatch! (Note- you could also cycle through to Habit, though it works either way)
-super secret room is just hearts -- skip it

Here is where it gets interesting:

1) Kill Boss. If you need angel items, go into Devil room but DO NOT take anything.
2) Use infinite D6 on boss room item till it becomes an activatible item -- it takes awhile, but iirc the first will be Book Of Invincibility. Leave it there, it's a 'storage' locker now (more on this later).
3) Go to Arcade
4) Play shell game. After 5-10 rounds, he'll drop a troll bomb on himself - be ready for this and shoot it off the shell guy so he doesn't explode. a few rounds later you get the Skatole! Leave it there as a pedestal item to reroll. (if you need gold, remember you can use blood donation, and that damage gives you gold with your swallowed coin)
5) Use Blood Donation machine. At half health, your Scapular triggers, and you get 1 soul heart. Leave room, do again, leave room, do again, etc. You'll do this for awhile until it breaks and leaves a Blood Bag.
6) IMPORTANT - do not pick that up, or ANY coins (picking up a few by accident is fine, just try to avoid it).
7) Use slot machine till it blows up and leaves a dollar bill. Do NOT pick this up either. You will be rich without it.

You now have three pedestals to infinite reroll, and you should have a ton of coins / hearts/ etc everywhere.

8) You're going to be rerolling these three for ages. You should be watching for Monster Manual, D20, Pyromaniac, Tarot Card Generator (don't know name) and Epic Fetus

Depending on how many pedestals you got, order changes slightly but it doesn't matter.

A) When you see the Monster Manual -- take this, go over to boss room, and switch it with the Book of Invincibility. Now you have the MM for later.
B) Even though you need a bomb making passive for this, skip over Ipecac. First, it's faster to keep rerolling an extra pedestal, but more importantly you'll be burning through pretty much every pickup during this so it's best to get Epic Fetus which maxes your damage w/o any other pickups. (the fetus with a black lid).
C) Take Pyromaniac when you see it.
D) When you see the tarot card generator, leave the room and go to an empty room. Use infinite trick about 10 or so times until you get the judgement card. I keep this card out of the room in a safe place and grab it before I leave the floor. You can use this to get an extra item in a devil/angel room or a secret room. (note - be careful and don't pick up Missing No. in a secret room, you'll reset your build to crap. I did this by accident and had to start over). Go back to your D6 now and keep going.
E) When D20 drops, grab it.
As soon as you get the D20,----------
Keep doing the infinite trick, but now with D20. It will not reroll your D6, just coins/hearts/wealth from chaos etc. You should have dozens upon dozens scattered around from rerolling while having the swallowed coin, a new coin every time. Leave room and recharge your D20. Now open chests (do this with a full charge, because empty chests will get rerolled, but if you leave room to charge D20 they disappear).

Keep rolling D20 until you
a) get the Goat Head (ensures devil / angel rooms for rest of run)
b) get a couple more pedestal items (don't pick them up), this speeds up the process later.

Once a/b are complete, go back to your D6.

Start rerolling all the pedestal items (I had like 5 on the screen) until you get Epic Fetus.

You now have two ways to do infinite rerolls... you can trigger Sharp Plug to wound yourself, and then bomb yourself to heal. Going forward, remember Sharp Plug only works with NO charge. Next store I'd reroll till habit, just in case so you don't accidentally have a angel/devil room you can't reroll.

At this point, thanks to RNG you're pretty much OUT of all pickups and you should be just getting lunchboxes (add heart). But it doesn't really matter, you have epic fetus and infinite health, you don't need anything else for this.

F) Now, go back to boss room. Flip out your D6 for the MM. Go to empty room, and sharp plug / bomb heal till you unlock Meat Boy /Girl.

G) You're done with the MM, so grab your D6, any money/items lying around, and move on to next floor.

H) You can now infinite reroll Angel Rooms on future levels -- I"m in the midst of doing this, so I don't know how many item ones you'll see, but it is what it is. I'll also be looking for a secret room with an item since I need Undefined, and I'll report back if i find one.

WARNINGS / how to's

-You now have infinite D6. Be careful, improper use of the combo is an easy, stupid death.

-If you avoid red heart damage on floor 2, after fighting Monstro you will get a devil deal.
-If you don't take the deal, and don't take red heart damage on floor 3, you will get an angel room. (note -- 1 time i didn't, but i got it on the next floor

-be careful clearing rooms once you start rolling D6... sharp plug only works with NO charge, so if you clear a room you'll get 1 charge and be locked out -- you can fix this once by buying the battery in the story, but after that you'd be screwed.

How to use the combo:
-The goal is to get down to exactly one half a heart. This will trigger scapular, giving you 1 soul heart ONCE PER ROOM -- exit and come back every single time. Room does not need enemies.

-With half a heart and NO charges, using your collectible will trigger sharp plug. You'll take damage and fully charge your d6. However, your single soul heart will be taken, you'll be down to half a heart... and scapular triggers giving you the soul heart back instantly. (remember to leave and come back else scapular won't work).

-also remember sharp plug only works on a completely empty charge... on later floors, don't do something silly like clear a single room to see what's there and give yourself 1/6 charges when you planned on using the infinite trick.

-if you use sharp plug with 2 hearts, you die. From what I can tell, you need to use it with 2.5 hearts to start, or .5 hearts + soul heart for the infinite trick.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
GODHEAD (And the rest of the lost unlocks) GET!

My heart nearly sunk when in the room immediately before blue baby, I had to fight off two Cages. They took either 4 or 5 lives.

Now to put the Lost away until the inevitable expansion adds more lost-exclusive unlockables :/

Edit: And this was my dark room + boss rush path run for the lost:

-griffy-

Banned
I just beat Satan for the first time. Had a Joker card on the level after I beat Mom's Heart, so went back for that, and found a dice roll room on the way back. Gave me some absurd build, like a charged shot of 6 giant piercing tears that all exploded on contact, and then some legs stomping down on random enemies. I don't know, but I beat Satan in like 15 seconds and could barely comprehend what was happening. Here's the video starting from Mom's Heart to victory.

SerTapTap

PS4 and Vita users who plan on platinuming the game, bookmark this post. This works on the current patch (1.02, I believe).

Thanks a ton for this. Is there anywhere that shares tons of good seeds and lists platform? When googling I only found people listing off seeds without listing platform and seeds aren't cross platform. Rebirth Wiki has seeds to get any ONE item more or less but they don't go more in depth than that

So far I'm using S1HX M6V9 on PS4 which has Holy Mantle then Daddy Long Legs in first two item rooms, unsure what else

autoduelist

Thanks a ton for this. Is there anywhere that shares tons of good seeds and lists platform? When googling I only found people listing off seeds without listing platform and seeds aren't cross platform. Rebirth Wiki has seeds to get any ONE item more or less but they don't go more in depth than that

So far I'm using S1HX M6V9 on PS4 which has Holy Mantle then Daddy Long Legs in first two item rooms, unsure what else

I did all the hard crap (challenges, The Lost, etc) w/o seeds.

I only need 8 more items (mostly angel room) and meatboy/girl so I only needed a good infinite D6 run... and I was lucky the scapular seed posted on the Wiki happened to have a sharp plug in the store too.

So I think this seed is the only one I need for the plat. Still gonna be a couple hours work, most likely.

EDIT -- i've been adding more info to the post above as I find it. Beware stupid sharp plug deaths... one distraction (like someone talking to you) and it's easy to accidentally use the sharp plug in a room where you already set off scapular. and you die. start all over. grrr. happened to me twice already, but my house is full of distraction

SerTapTap

I wouldn't abuse seeds for the challenges since they're all sane, screw The Lost though, I'll abuse the hell out of this

edit: Okay, PS4 users should totally use this seed: S1HX M6V9

To use it and get unlocks just enter it, leave all the way out to the save select, then go back in and start your run. Still works on current PS4 version as of this post, v1.03

Holy Mantle 1F
Daddy's Love 2F
Krampus' Head 2F Devil Room
Aries 4F
Toothpicks 4F boss
Spider Bite 5F
Scapular 6F (boooo)
Tammy's Head 6F boss challenge (ignore w/o brimstone)
Money is Power in one of the boss challenge rooms
Lil Brimstone from The Fallen
The Chest has SMB Super Fan, Jump, A Quarter and Cursed Eye
Mask of Infamy in gold chest just above spawn in Necropolis 1

Nothing amazing in the shops, keep your money for money = power I guess. I didn't find tons of cash either. Just to piss you off there's like 4 eternal hearts you can't use. Don't take the scapular, aside from being useless it hides whether Holy Mantle is active.

I managed to die in The Chest but it was all user error (and two Mega Fatties). This is actually FUN this way and seems totally possible.

edit2:
Since the original sync fix it's been working flawlessly.

I'm not disbelieving you, but I just tried this on PS4 -> PS Vita and save upload worked fine. Maybe it's because one of the saves was from before the latest patch that it's weird.

xzoowy

Just got quad shot Brimstone, which killed Blue Baby in 2 shots. That was insane damage combined with cricket head, abaddon, pentagram, whore of babylon.

EMT0

Banned
I started playing this game and yesterday by chance after seeing my brother play it, and my god this game is crack. I can't wait to get my Vita back in my hands to be able to play wherever I go.

According to a friend trophies are not fixed and may still fail to unlock. What the fuck, guys.

From what I've heard, the previously impossible once like Platinum God are fixed, but the bugged ones that sometimes didn't unlock for radom unlocks still don't work. Good job.

SerTapTap

Fire Mind is an awful item but mixes great with Brimstone, adds strong DOT at a random chance, no explosions.

From what I've heard, the previously impossible once like Platinum God are fixed, but the bugged ones that sometimes didn't unlock for radom unlocks still don't work. Good job.

UGH. On the other hand, maybe when trophies are ACTUALLY for real fixed it WILL be retroactive...? I really wish they'd address this directly.

Top Bottom