• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

Just had a nice set of items. I had the book that gives you 15 seconds or so of invulnerability. I also managed to get AAA battery and trickle charge. So it was fully charged for every room.

Then I got the Habit which gave me charge after taking damage. So I was able to pop more invulnerability during tough fights.

Question though - how come sometimes the game ends at Mom's Heart? There was another run where I went farther and eventually fought Satan.

Ambient80

I finally beat Mom's heart last night with Azazel. Unlocked I think it was Eve. This game is crazy fun. Don't remember all the items I had but almost every item I got from a boss added HP so it was perfect. I also unlocked a room that turned into a boss rush, and got a silver trophy for beating it. That was intense!!

NotLiquid

Don't both of those drastically increase your charge time to shoot?

Monstro's Lung with Chocolate Milk turns each tear into a Chocolate Tear. There's an exponential damage increase because of it and since both have the same charge time it doesn't increase from a regular charge.

ThisOne

Have the developers commented on trophies not popping in the PS4 version? I just beat Isaac with Azazel and no trophy popped :(

Manu

Have the developers commented on trophies not popping in the PS4 version? I just beat Isaac with Azazel and no trophy popped :(

Even if they do, a fix wouldn't unlock trophies retroactively.

I have no desire to unlock The Negative all over again for the trophy.

ThisOne

Wouldn't it? I feel like there was some PS3 game that had this problem and trophies did unlock retroactively. I'm not sure which game it was so maybe I'm just imagining things.

SerTapTap

I feel like infested baby is one of my favorite items in the game. Maybe the best companion? I don't like lil' brimstone all that much because it basically makes you change your playstyle.

Iil brim doesn't require much playstyle change. If charges as you fire, so you can basically just fire normally, release the button and immediately press again, barely miss a beat firing but still fire. But infested baby is definitely the familiar that requires the least "help" to be useful

Manu

Trophies that haven't unlocked even though I got the unlocks:

Isaac's Tears
The Satanic Bible
Daemon's Tail
A Blank Card
The Polaroid

I hope they fix this shit.

ThisOne

Trophies that haven't unlocked even though I got the unlocks:

Isaac's Tears
The Satanic Bible
Daemon's Tail
A Blank Card
The Polaroid

I hope they fix this shit.
It's annoying. Satanic Bible didn't unlock for me but Isaac's Tears just did. Hope they can fix it so the trophies activate retroactively and we don't have to earn them again.

Since trophies are tied to ingame challenges, it would be very easy to make the unlock retroactively
The people working on the Sony versions do not seem very competent so far though

aku:jiki

The game already has code that checks retroactively for unlocks. It technically works the other way around and reads your Steam achievements to add in-game secrets, but that code cannot be hard to reverse. Just have it read secrets and award achievements based on it.

(You can force this functionality by pressing CTRL-F2 on the stats screen in the PC version. It fetches your Steam achievements and unlocks all the related secrets on that save file.)

Breath of Life is probably the strangest item. I hope they change the mechanics for it.

And now that I have all the achievements... I'm already craving the expansion. More items!

SerTapTap

Breath of Life is probably the strangest item. I hope they change the mechanics for it.

And now that I have all the achievements... I'm already craving the expansion. More items!

It's useful for cheaping out Curse Rooms, I think blood machines and other inanimate hazards. But not combat.

NotLiquid

Who at Nicalis thought the Meat Boy/Bandage Girl design is passable. I mean what the heck.

Edmund himself most likely. Ball of Bandages is a Rebirth exclusive that is a variation on the original Cube of Meat in vanilla Isaac. Not that it's any less of an annoying item to have to pick up.

CassSept

3 Meat Cubes

Conquest

JVxD0nJ.gif

Thank goodness for the soundtrack mod. I modded out the tracks I couldn't stand from either soundtrack release. I'm playing the perfect-sounding BoI now <3

Full v1.04 patch notes:

Fix bombing secret/special room walls
Fix screensaver coming up during play on Linux
Fix not being able to delete save slots on Steam Cloud
Fix Judas achievements not unlocking with Black Judas
Fix getting stuck during teleport
Fix crash when jumping to new level
Fix eternal flies for blue baby fight
Fix Dad's Key for double locked doors
Fix hang on We Need To Go Deeper
Fix invisible laser damage
Fix familiars being overwritten by blue spiders/flies
New seeds for christmas
Fix Womb room with 4 Gaping Maws in the center
Fix Jar + Double Heart issues
Fix Guppy's Collar hiding co-op babies
Fix Full Health/Rainbow Poop for local co-op

Ferrio

Banned
They broke charging shots between rooms on this patch i hear. So no charging brimstone/chocolatemilk/lung before entering a new room. That hurts.

Do we know the christmas seeds yet?

They broke charging shots between rooms on this patch i hear. So no charging brimstone/chocolatemilk/lung before entering a new room. That hurts.
Are they seriously going to break an important little feature in every patch now? Why were they even messing with that code? This is kinda getting annoying now.

This game is scary with how RNG can sometimes feel like it's actually reading your mind. I started a Judas run for fun and because I was hoping to find Brimstone to confirm the glitch for myself. I got a Brimstone run all right... I got Brimstone, Tammy's Head, Tiny Planet and Guppy. Game was like "you wanna see Brim? I'll show you some fucking Brim!"

And, yeah, glitch confirmed. It releases your charge the instant you enter a room.

Do they do zero playtesting on their patches? How do you not catch bugs like the secret room bombing or the charge if you even play the game for an hour or two?

How about releaseing it on the beta branch on Steam first if they can't even do that?

Haunted

Who at Nicalis thought the Meat Boy/Bandage Girl design is passable. I mean what the heck.
srsly. Once you get started on a meat boy/bandage girl run, related items should advance the respective orbital as well. Like meat, dog food, old bandage etc. It'd still be hard, but anything that increases your chances would be a step in the right direction.

The way it is now is like if you could only become guppy with all 5 guppy items in a run instead of 3. It can technically happen, but the chances are preposterously low.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
So I was playing
the lost
and unlocked the
d100
but I was playing on normal, when was that changed?

The only unlock assocaited with hard mode for the lost is godhead. (Beat boss rush, the lamb, and ??? on hard mode)

Haunted

How can I increase the chances of Angel rooms? I can't seem to get two on the same run no matter what.
If you had one (by forfeiting the first devil room, for example), you should be golden for more. Make sure you don't take damage on bosses and have spirit hearts.

Spineker

Banned
I got a dream combination of broken stopwatch and controllable tears just now which led to my beating Mom's Heart for the 9th time. It was so good.

How can I increase the chances of Angel rooms? I can't seem to get two on the same run no matter what.
The only thing you can really do is find Rosary Bead. It's the only item currently known to raise angel room chance.

If you're trying to grind for Godhead, be prepared to get enormously frustrated by how unreliable angel rooms are, or just force a break by restarting until you find Scapular as Isaac.

If you had one (by forfeiting the first devil room, for example), you should be golden for more. Make sure you don't take damage on bosses and have spirit hearts.
Not exactly... If you bail on your first devil deal, the next one seems almost guaranteed to be an angel room, but after that it's just random and seems to lean more heavily towards devil.

And black/soul hearts have no bearing on what room you get, that's a debunked myth by now.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The only thing you can really do is find Rosary Bead. It's the only item currently known to raise angel room chance.

If you're trying to grind for Godhead, be prepared to get enormously frustrated by how unreliable angel rooms are, or just force a break by restarting until you find Scapular as Isaac.

Not exactly... If you bail on your first devil deal, the next one seems almost guaranteed to be an angel room, but after that it's just random and seems to lean more heavily towards devil.

And black/soul hearts have no bearing on what room you get, that's a debunked myth by now.

if you ever expend health for a devil deal, you will not receive an angel room for the rest of the run.

(So you can still grab the red chests in the devil deal rooms, or use a credit card to get the items for free, for instance)

Top Bottom