• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

aku:jiki

if you ever expend health for a devil deal, you will not receive an angel room for the rest of the run.

(So you can still grab the red chests in the devil deal rooms, or use a credit card to get the items for free, for instance)
You actually can, it's just that angel chance drops to such a small percentage that it practically never happens.

BurningNad

What is this annoying item that keeps teleporting me whenever I take damage?

You either have the Cursed Skull or Cursed Eye. The eye teleports you if you get hit while charging your shot. Cursed Skull ports you if you have one full heart left after taking damage. Not a good combo with 9 Lives.

NEO0MJ

You either have the Cursed Skull or Cursed Eye. The eye teleports you if you get hit while charging your shot. Cursed Skull ports you if you have one full heart left after taking damage. Not a good combo with 9 Lives.

I had that on me when fighting the heart. Was really difficult because of it.

Just got the platinum! Played the
Godhead
seed and got hit by the boss in Catacombs I - the angel room still appeared! This was all on the Vita btw. Absolutely phenomenal game. Don't know what to play next.

ThisOne

Just got the platinum! Played the
Godhead
seed and got hit by the boss in Catacombs I - the angel room still appeared! This was all on the Vita btw. Absolutely phenomenal game. Don't know what to play next.

No trophy problems for you? I'd like to eventually get the platinum, but have had problems with trophies not popping when they should :(

Sanjuro

This game is tucking stupid. Shitty graphics. Easy controls. I don't know why anyone would bother.

I constantly fuck up before Mom's heart. Wish the game was a physical copy so I could throw it out the window.

In all seriousness, the original statement isn't too far from what I would observe when watching people play the game. I think without repetition, most people would keep that same feeling.

SerTapTap

No trophy problems for you? I'd like to eventually get the platinum, but have had problems with trophies not popping when they should :(

Platinum is possible but will probably require a second file to mop up the extras. Just note what you need to do, and keep a "upload" save right before doing anything extremely hard to repeat (plat/real plat good). I got plat and only spent ~2-3 hours redoing trophies, which isn't bad at all considering one of them was "beat the depths 20 times" and another "mom's heart 11 times". Would have been much more annoying without seeds, but Azazel makes them fairly easy anyway. Took ~4 minutes a run for Depths thanks to Ludvico technique. "kill X with Y" trophies are all pretty easy as long as you don't have too many, same with character unlocks. Really only the "kill X Y times" and gold/plat/real plat god trophies would be a complete nightmare.

1.04 patch broke Brimstone, it does feel like a bug though.

Fuck's sake. Kind of glad I'm on an old version due to console cert stuff, they keep breaking shit. The game's still great but come on, guys. Being able to hold a charge for the next room is one of the things that makes charge items fun.

Stoze

Fuck's sake. Kind of glad I'm on an old version due to console cert stuff, they keep breaking shit. The game's still great but come on, guys. Being able to hold a charge for the next room is one of the things that makes charge items fun.

Yeah somehow the current PS4/Vita versions are the best versions of the game right now; we still got good Dark Bum, 3 charge Krampus, the seed glitch, while we also have some of the great newer changes like the better photograph placements after beating Mom and much better teleportation patterns for enemies like the lumps. Of course we still have the trophy bugs and the shitty red poop rooms though.

I'm officially done with legit Lost runs. I walked into a vertical double room with two Adversaries, one at the top of the room and one at the bottom. I came into the door from the bottom, and within a few seconds of fighting the bottom one, I get fucking blasted by a brimstone laser off-screen by the top one, as The Adversary can shoot a random laser at you if you happen to be beneath them. So yeah...I'm done.

Currently trying to gather up more good seeds to try with The Lost, I'd like to find one with the Stopwatch as I've never gotten one since filling up the donation bank.

SerTapTap

Currently trying to gather up more good seeds to try with The Lost, I'd like to find one with the Stopwatch as I've never gotten one since filling up the donation bank.

Just use S1HX M6V9, more info here. Holy Mantle and Daddy's Love is all you really need to know, but it's a solid run without any ridiculously cheap crap (no gnawed leaf cheesing). It's actually pretty fun and intense, possible but still very hard.

Also, I'm SO sorry, but there's 2 Adversaries immediately before The Lamb I think. I still recommend the seed.

NotLiquid

So I'm doing a run with Maggy, and during the first floor I find a treasure room with Antigravity in it. I dont like it that much but I figured hey, why not.

During that same floor I find a Black Market by chance due to a troll bomb blowing up. I get the Champion's Belt and Humble Bundle. I finish up the level and get Torn Photo.

Some floor later I get Number One. I also buy a PHD and a bunch of pills are secret room ones. I make a deal with the devil to get Spirit Of The Night, and later I do another to get The Mark.

Then I find the BBF, but also a Pyromaniac lying around on one of the regular rooms. Not only that, but a Fortune Teller Machine gives me the Cancer Trinket, maxing out my tear shots.

I got most stat boost syringes and the Wooden Spoon.

I'm flying around the maps at breakneck speeds and shooting antigravity tears with such a fire rate that I'm getting a turret effect.

And then I found a trapdoor room that contained Magnet Tears. I'm throwing enemies off left and right by strafing and firing antigravity tears that do insane damage.

This is the most fun run I've ever had, and it's with an item I never liked. I am literally a bullet hell.

Haunted

Secret character spoilers:

It's time for me to unlock The Lost - can you still use seeds on 1.04 (Steam version)?

Also, Steam community guide says the order in which you die the four deaths doesn't matter, but the wiki says it does. Which is correct? It'd be easiest to do the hardest one (Azazel dying on Satan) first.

CassSept

Secret character spoilers:

It's time for me to unlock The Lost - can you still use seeds on 1.04 (Steam version)?

Also, the order in which you die of the four deaths doesn't matter, right? In that case it'd be best to do the hardest (Azazel dying on Satan) first, I think...

I'm pretty sure the order is imperative and Azazel dying on Satan isn't really the hardest, the character is pretty op, do several runs with him and you should have no problems reaching Satan regularly with him

Haunted

I'm pretty sure the order is imperative and Azazel dying on Satan isn't really the hardest, the character is pretty op, do several runs with him and you should have no problems reaching Satan regularly with him
Thanks for the info!

Which of the other deaths would you consider to be harder? Even with Azazel, reaching Satan seems harder to me than dying on the basement/caves with other characters or reaching Mom with Judas. :p

Going to follow the instructions on the wiki, wish me luck!

Guys, are your save files fine? I just noticed that the game might have reset a bunch of progress I made, roughly to before the 1.03 patch. On steam btw.
I'm saying this because I am pretty sure I beat the dark room with the lost, but the icon is not there. I thought I was mistaken, but just now I noticed that my donation machine counter reverted from 100 (I looped once) to 14...I think that's pretty telling.

SerTapTap

Thanks for the info!

Which of the other deaths would you consider to be harder? Even with Azazel, reaching Satan seems harder to me than dying on the basement/caves with other characters or reaching Mom with Judas. :p

Going to follow the instructions on the wiki, wish me luck!
If you use seeds they are in ascending difficulty. If you don't the mulliboom part is inanely hard due to the RNG involved. It's not that hard IMO since Judas and azazel have it pretty easy. Just don't due to the fallen or accidentally kill Satan. Yeah I accidentally killed Satan. Do NOT pick up Rotten Baby for the "die to X" stuff

Camwi

Family Man DOWN! Thanks in large, large part to Red Candle. The combination of that bad boy and enough DMG ups to keep my Rotten Baby strong is what did it.

One more challenge to go. Hope Glass Cannon is fun.

EDIT - Oh hell yeah, Glass Cannon is a great ending to the challenges.

Well, there I am: 174 secrets and 342 items done on 1.01. I guess there's nothing more I can do except wait for the patch to hit Europe.

(I've already met the Godhead requirement, I hope they do carry over)

BigAT

Does anyone else have weird keyboard issues with Isaac? When I'm alt tabbed with Isaac running typing can get weird like keys getting pressed twice randomly. I feel like I see this in game two with stuff like Brimstone where it will randomly fire and then stop immediately as though I let me finger off the key momentarily, even though I didn't.

rbanke

Interestingly after the 1.03 patch none of my glitched trophies popped and it seemed like it was not going to be retroactively fixed but for whatever reason the other night I decided to do a run on a new save and the second I selected my character all the glitched trophies I had popped. Not sure why but I'm pretty pleased about that. I don't believe it matters, but I'll mention I was playing on my Vita at the time.

SerTapTap

Interestingly after the 1.03 patch none of my glitched trophies popped and it seemed like it was not going to be retroactively fixed but for whatever reason the other night I decided to do a run on a new save and the second I selected my character all the glitched trophies I had popped. Not sure why but I'm pretty pleased about that. I don't believe it matters, but I'll mention I was playing on my Vita at the time.

That's...weird, none of my glitched ones did that on PS4, had to earn them all the hard way.

Kerned

Banned
Trophies are bugging like crazy for me. Beat
Isaac
with Eden and Isaac over the last two days. Nothing. This sort of stuff is really souring me on the overall experience.

SerTapTap

Trophies are bugging like crazy for me. Beat
Isaac
with Eden and Isaac over the last two days. Nothing. This sort of stuff is really souring me on the overall experience.

IF it doesn't pop the first time it won't pop again on that file. You'll have to start a new file to retry, and you can save just before a kill if you want to be sure you get the trophy for it. Definitely do that before plat god/real plat god.

CassSept

Jfc The Lost is going to give me freaking neurosis, every time I'm starting to do well I screw it up, I just had an absolutely op setup that got ruined because I missed a stray bullet after The Fallen has already died and that never happens, this is way too much for my nerves, I just can't, it's ludicrous.

E: Haunted, I'd actually agree the hardest part is not accidentally killing Satan :D on my unlock of the character I died simultaneously with him because ugh orbitals

Jfc The Lost is going to give me freaking neurosis, every time I'm starting to do well I screw it up, I just had an absolutely op setup that got ruined because I missed a stray bullet after The Fallen has already died and that never happens, this is way too much for my nerves, I just can't, it's ludicrous.

E: Haunted, I'd actually agree the hardest part is not accidentally killing Satan :D on my unlock of the character I died simultaneously with him because ugh orbitals

If you're still on a version with the seed glitch,
SNF3 DRKA
gets you holy mantle on the first floor, double vision, crickets body, and a ton of other good stuff later. I used to (relatively) easily beat all of the lost achievments on hard mode at any rate.

CassSept

If you're still on a version with the seed glitch,
SNF3 DRKA
gets you holy mantle on the first floor, double vision, crickets body, and a ton of other good stuff later. I used to (relatively) easily beat all of the lost achievments on hard mode at any rate.

Steam, 1.4 :(

I mean shit, I uncovered Black Market, nabbed There's Options, Red Candle, Stopwatch in addition to already having several damage ups. There is absolutely no explanation, but I was so amazed for a second at just how powerful I am that I got hit. Amazing run, gone. I know it's supposed to be an ultra hard ultimaye challenge but jesus, being just a little more forgiving would not break it :(

SerTapTap

I tweeted this (without thinking) about accidentally killing satan, pretty funny out of context:
Are you kidding me. Thanks to Rotten Baby and Mom's Knife I accidentally killed satan while just waiting to die

If you just don't take orbitals or become guppy it's easy, but I wasn't thinking of that at the time. I mean, how hard can it be to die?

I mean shit, I uncovered Black Market, nabbed There's Options, Red Candle, Stopwatch in addition to already having several damage ups. There is absolutely no explanation, but I was so amazed for a second at just how powerful I am that I got hit. Amazing run, gone. I know it's supposed to be an ultra hard ultimaye challenge but jesus, being just a little more forgiving would not break it :(

All it really needs to fix it is Holy Mantle to start with, that one item makes it into a fun challenge instead of annoying bullshit.

BigAT

Wow, I had no idea that Magic Fingers scaled with damage. I almost always ignored it during normal runs, but I got it while doing Suicide Kings and it was ridiculous. I was one shotting rooms even in the Cathedral and killing bosses in 2-3 hits.

All it really needs to fix it is Holy Mantle to start with, that one item makes it into a fun challenge instead of annoying bullshit.

Seriously, getting holy mantle on the lost is the difference between a tough, but somewhat fair run, and utter horsepoop.

I dislike having to have abused a glitch to get it done, but the entire thing, as it is now, is a horrible addition to the game.

Chronoja

Does anyone else have weird keyboard issues with Isaac? When I'm alt tabbed with Isaac running typing can get weird like keys getting pressed twice randomly. I feel like I see this in game two with stuff like Brimstone where it will randomly fire and then stop immediately as though I let me finger off the key momentarily, even though I didn't.

I had this issue when I started playing at launch, fixed it by going to the options file in the Rebirth folder (documents/mygames/binding of isaac rebirth on Win 7), there's an option in there "controllerhotplug = 1". Set it to 0 it should fix the intermittent key press dropping. Or it may be a bug from a recent patch, if so just disregard this, but worth a try if you haven't already.

Sanjuro

Beat it a couple times since last post!

Did it with that black demon and Samson. Both times got a charge weapon that I thought would be the death of me.

BigAT

I had this issue when I started playing at launch, fixed it by going to the options file in the Rebirth folder (documents/mygames/binding of isaac rebirth on Win 7), there's an option in there "controllerhotplug = 1". Set it to 0 it should fix the intermittent key press dropping. Or it may be a bug from a recent patch, if so just disregard this, but worth a try if you haven't already.

Only gave it a brief test, but this seems to have fixed it. Thanks.

NotLiquid

Need a little help with unlocking
The Lost.

From my understanding, you have to do in order;
Die as Isaac to a Mulliboom in The Basement/Cellar
Die as Maggy to your own bomb in The Caves/Catacombs
Die as Judas to Mom in Depths/Necropolis
Die as Azazel to Satan

I heard that it's perfectly fine to seed the first three as you don't actually unlock anything in those runs, so I've seeded all three during my past few attempts. I managed to get Azazel to Satan once but even though I died to him during the second phase (when he's most susceptible to kill you without any of his Kamikaze Leeches bothering you), I didn't get anything. I'm tempted to say that it was because the Judas seed was done on Hard Mode but I sort of doubt that.

I'm up to Azazel again, having seeded all previous deaths and this time done Judas on Normal Mode. I take it that having to die by Satan's hand can be done anytime after you beat The Fallen, so it's easiest to just kick the bucket on the second phase right?

Speaking of trophies, I looked at mine today and noticed that I have the trophy for beating Mom's Heart 5 times, but not the one for beating it 3 times. Is there any way to get the achievement without starting a new file?

ThisOne

Speaking of trophies, I looked at mine today and noticed that I have the trophy for beating Mom's Heart 5 times, but not the one for beating it 3 times. Is there any way to get the achievement without starting a new file?
Not yet. I'm still hoping a future patch addresses the issue.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Aw man, I've been playing this most of today and I just realized like 7 or 8 trophies didn't pop. I guess cause PSN is down?
Nope, apparently they just don't unlock sometimes. And they won't unlock retroactively as of now.
Are you playing the PS4 version? I've had no problems with the Vita version but it seems like the PS4 version is buggy.

Nope, apparently they just don't unlock sometimes. And they won't unlock retroactively as of now.
Are you playing the PS4 version? I've had no problems with the Vita version but it seems like the PS4 version is buggy.

PS4 version, yeah.

Didn't get the trophies for beating mom's heart 3, 8, 9, 10 or 11 times, as well as a few other random ones.

Beaulieu

Aw man, I've been playing this most of today and I just realized like 7 or 8 trophies didn't pop. I guess cause PSN is down?

yeah same here... fuck
just unlocked the negative and mom's knife and trophies didnt pop.
i had problem with other trophies not popping up (had to start a game on 2nd save slot) but I thought the last patch fixed remaining trophy issues ? I really hope its du to PSN being down (it probably is.. I cant even see my trophy collection)

NotLiquid

Wow. Wow.

I decide to wing it on unlocking
The Lost.
I found a 1 dot Dice Room and figured I'd re-roll my build as picking up Dead Cat earlier had every chance of dying a cumbersome one. I got a build with Mom's Knife and a slew of other upgrades and it managed to kill The Fallen entirely in just one stab. I accidentally stabbed Satan in his first phase and killed him in one hit too.

Of course I still let myself die, and after depleting all my 9 lives I was excited about the prospect of finally getting the unlock after that arduous process.... then I get resurrected again, and to my horror I realize that the re-roll in the Dice Room landed me with the worst possible item for this entire process - Judas' Shadow.

I'm such a fucking moron.

Top Bottom