• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth |OT| Pixel Heart Mother

That's definitely odd, Vita? EU version? I played almost entirely on PS4, finished up with 1.03 and seemed to have not much issue. I missed maybe 10% of trophies, and on the second try none of them failed to unlock. Unsure if it's a matter of luck or what.
I'm on PS4, US version. I had similar trophy woes on the Vita version but I'd still get the trophies there, only they'd be delayed - unlock blue baby, nothing happens, unlock It Lives and get blue baby, Dr Fetus and It Lives trophies at the same time. Is there any word if they're going to fix this?

beanman25

Just had my most OP run ever. Ended up one shotting everything by Womb 1 with Monstros lung + scythes + crickets head + proptosis + a ton of other stuff. God bless the D6.

3 items until real platinum god!

Ambitious

Hi,
Is there a blog or a website where I can find a way to play without seeds of other players. Or maybe seeds are the way to go?

I'm playing with : http://platinumgod.co.uk/rebirth and http://bindingofisaacrebirth.gamepedia.com/Binding_of_Isaac:_Rebirth_Wiki

Do I have to play and finish the game X times with Isaac? That's what I'm trying to do.

I've unlocked Eden x 3 and some others characters. Is it important?
I'd like to play this without seeds if it's possible. I did some challenges.
Thanks.

The cheat sheet at the first link is great, thanks for posting. What a shame it's unusable on phones, though. I'm usually playing the game when commuting (twice a week, one and a half hour with the bus), so I'm always using my phone to look up items.

I think I have a new favorite for worst build ever.

Tiny Planet + Dr. Fetus. Bombs you can't aim!

I admit I did it just because I wanted to see if they worked together.

SerTapTap

I think I have a new favorite for worst build ever.

Tiny Planet + Dr. Fetus. Bombs you can't aim!

I admit I did it just because I wanted to see if they worked together.

Yes Tiny Planet works with basically everything. I think Ludovico is an exception, and lasers/brimstone are an exception in they they're purely positive interactions. It will also totally screw up Mom's Knife and Monstro's Lung making them nearly unusable. Unless your range is absurd, Monstro's lung just almost immediately hits the ground at your sides and won't hit anything in front of you. I suffered a couple floors of that once.

Fuck double Adversaries. I would have salvaged the infuriating nothing-useful-for-you-lol run aided by Guppy's flies and Daddy Longlegs if it wasn't for that one stupid big room before the Lamb. Wasted all my lives there with absolutely no hope of dodging the homing bullshit from both of them.

I'm going to need a completely OP therapy run today.

Solobbos

Waiting for the update on EU side is getting quite laughable, we're still stuck on 1.01 on PS4, I have completed everything on hard (even with The Spoiler on hard) but can't get
god head
and all of the achievements because of the old version. If the achievements don't unlock after the update, I'm not sure if I'm willing to grind through the content again.

Ambitious

Just got Charm of the Vampire, which is supposed to heal half a heart every few kills. Sounds amazing, but.. I made the mistake of picking up Dead Cat earlier. I have only one heart now.

edit: Fighting Mom with one heart is not funny. Beat her, but only after losing three lives.
edit 2: Lost all lives except the final one. Against all odds, I managed to clear a huge, crowded room except one of those mole-like enemies. I could still hear him, so I carefully searched the room. He appeared right below me. Unbelievable.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Waiting for the update on EU side is getting quite laughable, we're still stuck on 1.01 on PS4, I have completed everything on hard (even with The Spoiler on hard) but can't get
god head
and all of the achievements because of the old version. If the achievements don't unlock after the update, I'm not sure if I'm willing to grind through the content again.
Yeah it's pretty damn terrible. And they're not even giving us a timeframe on it.

DrunkDan

Yeah it's pretty damn terrible. And they're not even giving us a timeframe on it.

So frustrating. I had seen that people were asking about it on Twitter to Tyrone Rodriguez (Isaac developer) and he had copied someone from Sony in (Shahid something?) and he asked Tyrone to forward the last correspondence and he would chase it, but that was a week ago.

Can't believe that any questions directed at Nicalis are completely ignored though.

Ambitious

A floor boss dropped Experimental Treatment, which will randomly increase or decrease some of my stats. I'm not entirely sure whether to pick this up or not. I've got 5/7 damage and I'd rather not put that at risk.

So frustrating. I had seen that people were asking about it on Twitter to Tyrone Rodriguez (Isaac developer) and he had copied someone from Sony in (Shahid something?) and he asked Tyrone to forward the last correspondence and he would chase it, but that was a week ago.

Can't believe that any questions directed at Nicalis are completely ignored though.
I also asked on the PSBlog today, no response either. Somebody screwed up here.

A floor boss dropped Experimental Treatment, which will randomly increase or decrease some of my stats. I'm not entirely sure whether to pick this up or not. I've got 5/7 damage and I'd rather not put that at risk.

This is the yellow Syringe I mentioned earlier.

I almost always skip it. The only time I will take it is if my stats positively blow, because I figure they can't get worse.

SerTapTap

Never use that. It's very bad in most cases and has a very minor (or negative) total impact on stats

CassSept

I think I had a decent turnout for Experimental Treatment once or twice, but no, do not take it, it's a deeply flawed item that will completely screw up your setup unless you are very lucky.

SerTapTap

What's the point of red chests in Devil Rooms which teleport me to the same Devil Room when I touch them?

Nothing. The red chests are a random Devil Room spawn and that's a random effect of them. They just didn't bother to make them explicitly not do that.

Holy shit! Chocolate Milk + Mom's Wig = Hold down button to generate infinite spiders!

Also, Isaac's Tears charge basically instantly while you're charging chocolate milk

Ambitious

Holy shit. Azazel + Ludovico Technique is incredible.

edit: I just got Proptosis too. I now have a controllable ring of fire whose diameter varies from half the screen height to the total height, depending on my distance from its center. Just amazing.

edit 2: I screwed up. I am devastated.

Nothing. The red chests are a random Devil Room spawn and that's a random effect of them. They just didn't bother to make them explicitly not do that.

Also, Isaac's Tears charge basically instantly while you're charging chocolate milk

Huh, I see.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
This game is insane. It takes me 160 hours to get Steven, but I manage to get it again about two runs later. Fuckin' Isaac, man.

Ferrio

Banned
Man, Cobalt's success skyrocketed after the release of this game. Used to watch him when he had less than a 1000 viewers, now he makes way more money than me now. Not only him, but Isaac's popularity grew a shit load too.

Haunted

I like how Edmund's website basically became a place to post fanart since the game's release. :lol

tumblr_inline_niddv2g5bE1r65vx5.png

gross

I view Experimental Treatment the same as I view 1/6 dice rooms or the D4.

A possibility to save a botched/mediocre run. If things go well, don't mess with a winning formula.

This game is insane. It takes me 160 hours to get Steven, but I manage to get it again about two runs later. Fuckin' Isaac, man.
220 hours and still no Steven!

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Got Ludovico Technique for the first time, finally, on the first treasure room of a Judas run. I was so scared I was going to die like an idiot on the first floor.

Add to that the lump of coal, several damage upgrades, and the sacred heart (kind of a waste combined with LT) and I had a recipe for dominance.

I destroyed the boss rush and crushed The Lamb in seconds, after taking some serious damage from Satan's second form and some unfortunate encounters in the dark place.

I can't believe I'm not bored of this game at all yet.

Is there a cap on the stats you can get from pills? Maybe it's just a speed cap.

I was abusing blank card + Jera + a battery in a room with a Speed Up pill. After a while they just stopped doing anything.

SerTapTap

Is there a cap on the stats you can get from pills? Maybe it's just a speed cap.

I was abusing blank card + Jera + a battery in a room with a Speed Up pill. After a while they just stopped doing anything.

Not all stats have caps but i think speed does. For good reason too, eventually itd be impossible to control. i think there is a minimum tear delay too. Damage is effectively uncapped. Luck has an insane cap but lucks effects on items usually hits 100% before max luck

SerTapTap

Wait, people actually like Ludovico Technique? Ick.

or am I the weird one?
It's awful with base tears, pretty good with upgraded tears, great with technology, instant op with brimstone or Azazel
Just wait till you get a Brimstone ring our a controllable knife.
I actually don't like it with the knife, it's still good but I enjoy the knifes mechanics and I'm usually faster than the Ludovico shot

DrunkDan

Another bump to the thread and yet more disappointment. Every time it appears near the front page I hope it's because people are excitedly posting about the patch. It's not.

Where the fuck is the EU patch?

Another bump to the thread and yet more disappointment. Every time it appears near the front page I hope it's because people are excitedly posting about the patch. It's not.

Where the fuck is the EU patch?

Asking this too, makes hard mode insanely difficult with the reduced consumable drops

ThisOne

It's awful with base tears, pretty good with upgraded tears, great with technology, instant op with brimstone or Azazel

I actually don't like it with the knife, it's still good but I enjoy the knifes mechanics and I'm usually faster than the Ludovico shot

Ah, I've never had it with brimstone of Azazel. I'll have to watch out for it though.

SerTapTap

Asking this too, makes hard mode insanely difficult with the reduced consumable drops

1.03 doesn't even fix Hard Mode. It does fix God Head and Dead Boy, making real plat possible. And if plat is your goal, you should be glad it doesn't, as the hard mode fix also removes the seed exploit

Ah, I've never had it with brimstone of Azazel. I'll have to watch out for it though.

Plenty of seeds if you just want to try it out, ludovico seed + Azazel. How OP it is should be almost immediately apparent.

Incidentally the Lost is just ridiculous. I just entered a room right next to an exploding guy who instantly exploded and killed me.

The "get gud" people never explain how exactly to handle something like that. Probably because there is no answer.

I literally can't imagine a Lost Run where I could go fast enough and feel safe enough to try a Boss Rush on hard.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
Wait, people actually like Ludovico Technique? Ick.

or am I the weird one?

I was excited to try it for the first time, and I got some good upgrades that worked with it. If my tears had remained weak it would have been pretty annoying, as it's very slow to move around.

Complaining about a game works again.

I just had a Lost run where I had Dead Cat, Magic Fingers, and a ridiculous amount of coin drops. Used it for the Negative side of the world.

That's one of the things I love about a game like this. Normally I hate Magic Fingers, but in a Lost run survival is way more important than the potential that a few coins will help later.

Top Bottom