• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned
Buying the strategy guide to look at because you can't afford the game.

Yo, old strategy guides were entertaining though.

I remember for Christmas, my parents bought me the guide to Final Fantasy VII even though I didn't have the game or own a Playstation 1.

Imm0rt4l

Finished The last of Us last night. In a word the game is sublime.

Therockclapping.gif

Finally watched Man Of Steel. Oh boy...that movie has serious pacing issues.
I feel like these guys are too hung up on not making comic book movies. Much in the same way the dark knight comes across as a crime drama starring a man dressed like a bat, mos seems like a malick movie meets independence day. I enjoyed it though. Need to watch it again to see how it holds up on more viewings.

Nakazato

Thanks for all the kind words guys i have over 80 pounds of weight loss so far still need to lose 32. I just hope it comes off fast.

@harson ravens til i die

harSon

Banned
He's not the only one

and it was because I didn't have a Playstation, only the N64. My cousin(yes, the one from earlier) only had a Sega Struggle. His life been fucked up.

The Sega Saturn? Dude was ballin' then. Wasn't that shit like $400-500 back in the mid 90s?

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I feel like these guys are too hung up on not making comic book movies. Much in the same way the dark knight comes across as a crime drama starring a man dressed like a bat, most seems like a malick movie meets independence day. I enjoyed it though. Need to watch it again to see how it holds up on more viewings.

I'll go see it again over the weekend. But yeah, i think i agree with what you said. Seems like it is too much of a risk to make an actual comic book movie that does a character like Superman justice for fear of alienating most of the audience.

harSon

Banned
$400, surprise launch. Clockwork Knight and Bug!

don't tell me you didn't want that

I actually bought one and a bunch of games from a Gamestop-esque mom & pop shop that went out of business years back. It was a rental console and rental games, and I got the stuff for beyond cheap. It actually had some pretty decent games. Wish my mom hadn't given them away to my cousin without my permission Lol...

Edit: I actually feasted on loser consoles for the longest though. For example, we couldn't afford a Playstation 2, so we took advantage of the Dreamcast when they were basically bundling free rimjobs with a purchase at the end of its lifecycle.

Mark Henry gave an oscar winning performance last night on RAW. We were all played like puppets

1.gif

harSon

Banned
I'm kind of pissed off right now. I got a new job for the city a month or two back, but they neglected to tell me that the organization was attempting to become Non-Profit before i signed on. Well, we had a meeting today, and it turns out city hall may be putting up our biggest grant for bid after we make the transition. If we don't win the bid, and there's a chance that we don't, then they'd have to not only slash a bunch of programs, but lay off as many as 25 people. Considering I just came on 1-2 months, it's pretty likely that i'd be one of the ones who are let go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom