• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

akira28

I'm not so broke that I need to trick cashiers into giving me a cup for water and then using it for soda.

scust

they give you a dixie cup anyway. And I just wanted a quick gulp. Who cares if it's a gulp of HiC orange, or water? They come from the same spigot. It's just a sip.

CiCis is trash. Bring back Shakey's.

DominoKid

Sitting here in jiffy lube and lil kid William throwing a tantrum....I've never seen one of these close up. Wanna drop kick this kid.

I always laugh when I see those because parents cant whoop their kids in public anymore so they just have to let that shit ride out until the kid decides to calm the fuck down.

HomShaBom

Banned
I always laugh when I see those because parents cant whoop their kids in public anymore so they just have to let that shit ride out until the kid decides to calm the fuck down.
Shit, that's the worse. When I was growing up my mom would just let that power level build up and spirit bomb my ass at home. Though I didn't act out in public much, just shit at school.

Slayven

"Listen here.. when we go in this store, don't ask for shit cause I ain't buying shit. And you act a fool if you want to, I going to act a fool right along with you."

I swear my mother is a good mother.

DominoKid

"Listen here.. when we go in this store, don't ask for shit cause I ain't buying shit. And you act a fool if you want to, I going to act a fool right along with you."

I swear my mother is a good mother.

shit my mom still gives me the "i ain't buying shit so don't ask" when we go out now.

Shit, that's the worse. When I was growing up my mom would just let that power level build up and spirit bomb my ass at home. Though I didn't act out in public much, just shit at school.

Those were the worst especially when you dont see it coming. You be in the tub playing, when moms kick in the door swinging a belt/switch/extension cord.

DominoKid

Remember the firs time you seen a white friend bitch out a parent?

man i remember this one time when i was 17 i was staying at my friend's house because i didn't want to drive back across town. dude gets a call, some folks want us to come to a party at like 12:30am. we get ready to leave and his mom catches us on the way out on some "where are you guys going" not even really mad or anything, just asking a bunch of questions. my dude is like "uuuuuuuuugh what's with all these stupid ass questions? shut the fuck up. we'll be back later."

believe me when i say that i flinched on instinct because i didn't want to get caught in the path of the slap that i KNEW was coming. i'm like "whoa man it aint that serious, we don't have to go."

"oh...okay, be safe." and she just turned around and walked away w/ her head down.

as much of a problem as i can be, i wouldn't even dream of 1) asking my mom whats up w/ all these stupid ass questions and 2) telling her to shut the fuck up.

man i remember this one time when i was 17 i was staying at my friend's house because i didn't want to drive back across town. dude gets a call, some folks want us to come to a party at like 12:30am. we get ready to leave and his mom catches us on the way out on some "where are you guys going" not even really mad or anything, just asking a bunch of questions. my dude is like "uuuuuuuuugh what's with all these stupid ass questions? shut the fuck up. we'll be back later."

believe me when i say that i flinched on instinct because i didn't want to get caught in the path of the slap that i KNEW was coming. i'm like "whoa man it aint that serious, we don't have to go."

"oh...okay, be safe." and she just turned around and walked away w/ her head down.

as much of a problem as i can be, i wouldn't even dream of 1) asking my mom whats up w/ all these stupid ass questions and 2) telling her to shut the fuck up.
Wow lmao

Dereck

I think I love this thread.

My mom would have slapped the fuck outta me WTF

Slayven

I remember being 12 or 13 and playing nintendo at a friend;s house. His mom told him to take out the trash or something and he said "You do it". Shit I turned into a runaway slave then "Youuuussss going to get both of us killt."

Nope, she just did it herself.

I remember being 12 or 13 and playing nintendo at a friend;s house. His mom told him to take out the trash or something and he said "You do it". Shit I turned into a runaway slave then "Youuuussss going to get both of us killt."

Nope, she just did it herself.

Bro where I'm from it's two kinds of people. Black and red necks. My friend Travis Peterson if you called him and heard his parents in the background you would think he was in a black family. His momma was straight up gangsta. She made him do something once for his sister and he mumbled under his breath. She said "boy I'll slap you back a week and give you 5 days to think about the ass whopping coming your way"....we all felt that one.

My moms didn't say much but you knew it was on when a curling iron, wooden spoon, shoe, coat hanger, or whatever she could get her hands on came flying at your head.

My old man used to give me and my sister a nice bill cosby esque talk about what we did wrong. Words we never heard cuz he had his big ass military strap on his shoulder the entire damn time.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
they give you a dixie cup anyway. And I just wanted a quick gulp. Who cares if it's a gulp of HiC orange, or water? They come from the same spigot. It's just a sip.

CiCis is trash. Bring back Shakey's.

do shakeys no longer exist where you are

Slayven

Bro where I'm from it's two kinds of people. Black and red necks. My friend Travis Peterson if you called him and heard his parents in the background you would think he was in a black family. His momma was straight up gangsta. She made him do something once for his sister and he mumbled under his breath. She said "boy I'll slap you back a week and give you 5 days to think about the ass whopping coming your way"....we all felt that one.

My moms didn't say much but you knew it was on when a curling iron, wooden spoon, shoe, coat hanger, or whatever she could get her hands on came flying at your head.

My old man used to give me and my sister a nice bill cosby esque talk about what we did wrong. Words we never heard cuz he had his big ass military strap on his shoulder the entire damn time.

I caught the belt one time from my grandma, I will never do that shit again.

This girl my friend used to date used have old school yelling matches with her dad, her younger sister too.

It'd be over simple shit like whose turn it was to wash the dishes or who left a mess on the table.

The first time I was there to witness it I was like 'noooooooo you're gonna get smashed like Hulk did to Loki in The Avengers!' After a while I got used to her saying she wished he was dead and him calling her a mistake. He clearly fucked her head up.

I'll poke fun at my parents now that I'm older but telling them to shut up or fuck off is some otherworldly shit to me til this day.

I like how black people can always get together and share in our memories of being physically attacked by our loving guardians
KuGsj.gif

akira28

do shakeys no longer exist where you are

Shakeys has abandoned the Mid-Atlantic region where my cave of solitude is located.

edit: and all the Baskin and Robbins halved their ice cream inventory so they could sell stale donuts

vv: grabbed my mom's hand once when she was slapping me. Didn't even grab it hard, it was more like a soft deflection. Knew I fucked up though. My dad was just sitting on his throne, like T'Challa, watching the show. And next he was up and I was just trying to minimize my cross-section.

The worst will still be picking out your own switch from the backyard

Damn I remember my grandma doing that shit.

But when I got physically bigger then my mother and she realized that an asswhooping didn't hurt she resulted to punches in the chest or whatever object was an her hand. One time I grabbed her hand and blocked while I was getting whooped when I was younger and bam I got my first beat down. The whole time she saying "I know you didn't raise your hand to me"

Yado

My sister always took hers but my strategy was to run outside. The only problem is that I'd have to shower in fear for a couple days.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
You all seen those horror movies when the person, usually a female, tries hiding and gets pulled by whatever evil force? Shit sucks when you think you're free.

DominoKid

I always ran from my mom. I could always count on tiring her out a bit before I got the whoopin.

I ran from my grandma once as soon as I saw the switch come out because I thought I was smart. I ran out of the house and hid at a neighbor's place w/ their kids. Grandma called her and had the neighbor put me on the phone talking about "You notice I didn't chase your dumbass right? Well, you can stay over there as long as you want to but you gotta come back sometime and I'll be waiting sooooooooooooo...*click*"

HomShaBom

Banned
I once locked myself in the bathroom. I held out for like 2 hrs, then my grand-auntie who was at the house was at the door saying she needed to use the bathroom. I was like DAMN, I knew I was getting played, had to go out and face it, I tried falling down and acting hurt, didn't work.

Gorillaz

I didn't even try to run half the time.....when I did tho anywhere I hid I could hear the belt/switch smacking against a wall or whatever was close to my mom while she was looking or me.....it just kept getting louder...and louder....and louder

DominoKid

My grandma treated me like royalty, always on my best behavior. Plus I knew giving my dad's mom grief was a death sentence.

i wasn't even that bad w/ my grandma really. i had more leeway w/ my mom to talk back so it was always an adjustment spending time w/ my grandma. she just didn't tolerate anything short of complete submission. she nipped that backtalk in the bud.

my mom told me a story about her growing up, she was maybe 15 or so. one time my grandma asked her to do something in the kitchen, i forget what it was but it was some trivial shit. anyway my mom said "just do it yourself." my grandma smacked her so hard she stumbled from the kitchen and fell out in the yard. now i always thought my mom was exaggerating because she tells it now like it's the funniest shit ever but i finally asked my aunt about it last year and she vouched for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom