• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT3| Lighten Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Imm0rt4l

I can't even post in Slay's thread right now. I had to niggafy some dudes conversation at lunch a few minutes ago. He was going on about how his daughter is dating a black guy and the guy has a pretty good job at Microsoft but he complains to much about the obstacles he has to face at work for being black. Then he said:

"I get so sick of his complaining. Blacks don't have it bad anymore. He never experienced slavery, He didn't experience what his ancestors did so he can't complain."

My boy tried to stop me, but it was too late. "Hey my man, have you ever been stopped by the cops because you fit the description? Have you ever had a security guard follow you around in the store because you look like the type to steal? Have you ever been frisked longer than everyone else at a Hootie and the blowfish concert because you don't look like the type to listen to that kind of music? Ever been told by a boss you need to soften your look if you want to get a promotion? Oh you haven't? Then you have no right to speak on the black experience. Especially here in North Carolina......Now finish ya lil frosty and get way from round me"

coming from the south you know he got me pissed when I'm playing some ole negro gospel at my desk trying to calm down.

Edit- Dammit D.funk. Let me crank this Kirk Franklin up!!!

Respect.

DominoKid

I am starting to think we are letting too much shit slide.

we are. i think its a sign of the times. i feel like everybody wants to be "beyond race" w/o actually putting in the effort and gaining the knowledge it would take to be beyond race.

i know IRL i generally let shit slide for the sake of harmony and because it's just exhausting to check people. i already catch the rep of the angry/mean black guy when that isn't the case at all. if you ask me it's because i don't smile, dance & joke for no reason but that's another story. but i don't need to validate that angry/mean shit by actually living it out.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I can't even post in Slay's thread right now. I had to niggafy some dudes conversation at lunch a few minutes ago. He was going on about how his daughter is dating a black guy and the guy has a pretty good job at Microsoft but he complains to much about the obstacles he has to face at work for being black. Then he said:

"I get so sick of his complaining. Blacks don't have it bad anymore. He never experienced slavery, He didn't experience what his ancestors did so he can't complain."

My boy tried to stop me, but it was too late. "Hey my man, have you ever been stopped by the cops because you fit the description? Have you ever had a security guard follow you around in the store because you look like the type to steal? Have you ever been frisked longer than everyone else at a Hootie and the blowfish concert because you don't look like the type to listen to that kind of music? Ever been told by a boss you need to soften your look if you want to get a promotion? Oh you haven't? Then you have no right to speak on the black experience. Especially here in North Carolina......Now finish ya lil frosty and get way from round me"

coming from the south you know he got me pissed when I'm playing some ole negro gospel at my desk trying to calm down.

clapping.gif

Lebron

When keeping it real goes right

Indeed.

Patrick from GiantBomb says its true. Gamechanger for sure, they lost tons of momentum but if its true they can start trying to convince people that the XB1 is worth an extra $100 instead of deflecting questions about whether or not they built skynet.

I preordred one as soon as I heard. If their manufacturing woes are true and they giveup on DRM I'm sure I can flip one for a profit.

If it doesn't happen...LOL

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

Update on June 19, 2013: As a result of feedback from the Xbox community, we have changed certain policies for Xbox One reflected in this blog. Some of the information in this blog is no longer accurate. — please check here for the latest.

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

ITSHAPPENING.GIF

HA

Glad I pre-ordered when I did last month

You can still get a day one Xbone on Amazon.

If they get rid of the kinect and drop the price, I'll buy one for personal use instead of scalping it.

As it stands the only thing keeping me away is/was kinect required, no rentals and a higher price for weaker hardware.

Onemic

So it looks like I will be getting an xbone after all. I'll still wait about a year or so before picking it up because of the price, but they got me again as a customer if everything is true.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Wasn't Sunset Overdrive like 'we can ONLY do this online style game on an always connected console' or implied or something?

Onemic

Guess they bout to make some adjustments to THE CLOUD

So what are the exact changes? I can't access that xbox wire site and from the GAF thread some are saying only a few of their DRM policies are being changed and not all of them. Some are saying the no used games thing is still unchanged.

Last week at E3, the excitement, creativity and future of our industry was on display for a global audience.

For us, the future comes in the form of Xbox One, a system designed to be the best place to play games this year and for many years to come. As is our heritage with Xbox, we designed a system that could take full advantage of advances in technology in order to deliver a breakthrough in game play and entertainment. We imagined a new set of benefits such as easier roaming, family sharing, and new ways to try and buy games. We believe in the benefits of a connected, digital future.

Since unveiling our plans for Xbox One, my team and I have heard directly from many of you, read your comments and listened to your feedback. I would like to take the opportunity today to thank you for your assistance in helping us to reshape the future of Xbox One.

You told us how much you loved the flexibility you have today with games delivered on disc. The ability to lend, share, and resell these games at your discretion is of incredible importance to you. Also important to you is the freedom to play offline, for any length of time, anywhere in the world.

So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

•An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

•Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console -- there will be no regional restrictions.

These changes will impact some of the scenarios we previously announced for Xbox One. The sharing of games will work as it does today, you will simply share the disc. Downloaded titles cannot be shared or resold. Also, similar to today, playing disc based games will require that the disc be in the tray.

We appreciate your passion, support and willingness to challenge the assumptions of digital licensing and connectivity. While we believe that the majority of people will play games online and access the cloud for both games and entertainment, we will give consumers the choice of both physical and digital content. We have listened and we have heard loud and clear from your feedback that you want the best of both worlds.

Thank you again for your candid feedback. Our team remains committed to listening, taking feedback and delivering a great product for you later this year.

Fuck these dudes for even attempting this backwards-ass draconian nonsense, but uh...now I can but one(with a price drop) when Halo 5 60fps edition drops and not feel like an asshole

Slayven

They got a uphill battle man, cause everybody was shitting on it for months. Now you won't hear shit about the 180 in the places it need to be said.

I am going to get one when the price drops too.

If MS removes/lets me disable the always on spy-microphone they got in their console I'm back in.

I don't want that camera at all. Not sure if my opinion is unpopular or not but that thing was pointless and I don't see it adding functionality to any games I like in any meaningful way. Get that shit out of the box and charge me less.

Gorillaz

I still say they will do the subscription thing and make a 299 deal...maybe not at launch....but they will come back to that idea one way or another. That would be a hard one for Sony to counter imo

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Even as a Sony fan it's impossible to be salty when you realize that all the developers and executives that spent the last three months taking a huge dump over the industry were just forced to shovel their shit back into their own mouths. Couple that with the fact that this was a win not only for Microsoft but the entire industry in terms of standing up to draconian digital rights implementation and I'd say this was a flawless victory for everyone with an interest in video games.

Anyone trying to spin this as anything other than good news needs to take a breath.

You can still not want one, but having a box like that out there was dangerous because of the chance it had to be successful regardless of have slim that chance was.

As for subsidy talk, I have no idea why cable/internet companies would be interested in helping push a box that is actively trying to get you out of their ecosystem of for sale/rent content.

Agreed, this shit would have set a bad precedent for future gaming policies had they gone on with it and (inevitably) been successful. Hopefully everyone has learned from this, and it will never be attempted again in the future.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Agreed, this shit would have set a bad precedent for future gaming policies had they gone on with it and (inevitably) been successful. Hopefully everyone has learned from this, and it will never be attempted again in the future.

My favorite part about this is game journalists being wrong.
My least favorite part is game journalists never admitting they were wrong.

also I wonder how much generic angry gimmick englishman is crying on twitter.

Gorillaz

Anyone trying to spin this as anything other than good news needs to take a breath.

You can still not want one, but having a box like that out there was dangerous because of the chance it had to be successful regardless of have slim that chance was.

As for subsidy talk, I have no idea why cable/internet companies would be interested in helping push a box that is actively trying to get you out of their ecosystem of for sale/rent content.

it's just been something that has been talked about and rumored for so long that it just feels like it would be the "trump" card. Unless like you said everyone basically said no

harSon

Banned
I don't want that camera at all. Not sure if my opinion is unpopular or not but that thing was pointless and I don't see it adding functionality to any games I like in any meaningful way. Get that shit out of the box and charge me less.

That completely defeats the purpose though. They're packing it in so developers will actually give it the time of day. Peripherals that splinter the market are rarely successful in the long run. Yeah, it tacks on additional cost and not everyone wants it, but it's pretty much the only way to ensure that developers will contemplate utilizing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom