• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Dy acting like he doesn't religiously practice Gunkata

GunKata-Preview.png

Going off like a Diablo 3 DemonHunter on threats to American freedom.

everyone learns this in police academy

'be the leaf' is posted in all the classrooms

It's supposed to be a martial art that uses angles and various other geometric principles to allow you to shoot up entire squadrons of soldiers while dodging all their bullets. From the movie Equilibrium.

It was also used in the really really REALLY bad movie Ultraviolet (directed by the same guy who also came up with the whole gunkata thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OT1gcO2urM (Library scene)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLfUZ6aFyMg (Gunkata...with no guns)

J10

Banned
This nigga in my economics class look like one of his front teeth is made of candy corn. How does that happen to just one tooth? And he stays smiling.

Okay, so this is gonna be a little prejudiced, sorry. But... for those of you that don't care too much when friends of other races say "nigga" (so, MikeB), does it seem like white people are feeling themselves the most?

Like, it's a bit jarring. They sound like they've been waiting every day of their lives to say it. Yet Asians say it and it barely even registers to me. Like, Asian dude's like "niggas are tripping," I'm like "sure." Then I do a mental double-take "wait, you're not black at all!"

...Just my experiences so far.

Slayven

Okay, so this is gonna be a little prejudiced, sorry. But... for those of you that don't care too much when friends of other races say "nigga" (so, MikeB), does it seem like white people are feeling themselves the most?

Like, it's a bit jarring. They sound like they've been waiting every day of their lives to say it. Yet Asians say it and it barely even registers to me. Like, Asian dude's like "niggas are tripping," I'm like "sure." Then I do a mental double-take "wait, you're not black at all!"

...Just my experiences so far.

I don't care, as long as they aren't doing to just to be doing it.
Asians are a race none gives a second thought too, good and bad.

Faceless how would you cook this up?

shrimp-435.jpg

akira28

This nigga in my economics class look like one of his front teeth is made of candy corn. How does that happen to just one tooth? And he stays smiling.
probably damaged the enamel on the tooth and exposed the dentin. Lots of ways this can happen. Fluoride poisoning is one of them.

giant shrimp probably fry up in corn flour batter just as nice as popcorn shrimp. I'm allergic as hell, but humans are the apex predator up in this piece.
"mf'r you survived 3 billion years of evolution just to end up on my plate. how does that feel?"

Order

shrimp-435.jpg

You know you fucked up when your first reaction is "Damn that looks good"

Gattsu25

Banned

shrimp-435.jpg

I wish I wasn't allergic to shellfish now >:^(

The worst thing is, I wasn't allergic until a few years ago so I know how good shrimp/clam/conch/crab can be. Shit, my favorite foods were boston steamed crab and curried shrimp

Slayven

I wish I wasn't allergic to shellfish now >:^(

The worst thing is, I wasn't allergic until a few years ago so I know how good shrimp/clam/conch/crab can be. Shit, my favorite foods were boston steamed crab and curried shrimp

That shit is probably 25% mercury.

Silky

Banned
Im getting PS3 Destiny as well.

My younger brother just asked me the 'why is every game character white' question as he was playing Forza Horizon. Surprised he said it considering how much he prefers customization in a game over having a present hero.

Also im sorry; Diablo 3 is fucking boring. Im going back to Torchlight II.

She... got them to shoot each other? Something they could have easily remedied by all standing in a semi-circle instead of running around and toward her for no reason?

And the people who story-boarded/choreographed this scene didn't have any objections?

Gunkata only really works in DMC and Bayonetta, where the stupidity of it all actually complements the action and overall tone of the games. So at least Equilibrium was good for something.

Saw the icebreaker jazz up top, decided to join in. Howdy.

Where you're from: Small town in North Carolina, south of Raleigh.

Where you live: Orlando.

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy: Long story short, African-American with some Catawba down the line.

Do you know your roots: To a point.

Your Age: 35

Favorite musical genre: Jazz, hip-hop.

Your profession/major/career interest: I work helpdesk, but I enjoy writing short stories when the mood strikes.

Your religious affiliation: Judaism.
kidding. No affiliation.

Hobbies: Vidya games, reading, writing, traveling.

Kreed

breh. I aint been on in a while but I know I got a PM coming right? I'm not that good but I'm one of the few that can actually talk to DY cuz I have mic. So hit me up.

Getting skipped over PMs now?...I see how it is

You probably got a stormfront clan going too. Probably setting up a clan match between BCT and them with you as there captain or some shit

OhK4sei.jpg

Moris: I'll tell you right now, you ain't getting a PM with them shoes.

akira28

nothing has cross-platform, that would be giving the gamers too much freedom. you gotta buy their system and stay on their reservation.

why if xbox and sony players could play the same games against each other, what would be the point of console stanning and fanboy wars?

Slayven

here's a girl that goes to my school and she's perfect. I know who she is but...we've had no classes together and no mutual friends. I want to just go up and say hey. But that's weird; no?
Lets play my favorite game, what is the OP leaving out that will turn the thread into a freakshow after he reveals it?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
nothing has cross-platform, that would be giving the gamers too much freedom. you gotta buy their system and stay on their reservation.

why if xbox and sony players could play the same games against each other, what would be the point of console stanning and fanboy wars?

Guilty Gear Xrd does

a goddamn japanese fighting game

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Guilty Gear Xrd does

a goddamn japanese fighting game

as much as i love xrd and arcsys - they'd be fools not to. a fighting game without a base is dead. they have to revive a dead cult classic and hope that everyone loves it enough to tell others about it. they can't afford for it not to be cross platform

Mortemis

Banned
Isn't FFXIV not on xbox because they don't want cross-platform play?

That's probably why there isn't any for other games too. Don't know much about why there isn't at least cross platform play between ps3 & ps4 though.

Slayven

They could at least patch it in

They could, but they got to think it is worth the man power in making thing happen then the QA. Gamers sometimes don't realize how much actually goes into programing the stuff. They could do it, but their Moris people got to decide if it is worth the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom