• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

The 90's also gave us Nightwing's definitive costume....so I'll take it.
Got to let the chest hair breath
nightwing.jpg

But thats the best Venom!
Spoken like a man that haven't read Lethal protector and Venom's many mini series.

Looking over the Fall anime chart:

Shit, Are You Serious? That's Real?:

Ai Tenchi Muyo
Ore, Twintails ni Narimasu
Queen's Blade Season... oh wait, that's a new show (Madan no Ou to Vanadis)

Okay, I've been out of the game for a long while. And Tenchi Muyo was happening when I left.

What the hell? The redid that story line so many different ways. Damn I feel old.

you censored all the names except the url that gives away the name and the tab text

Oops I missed that one. I'll have to remember to censor those as well.
I would post his response to it all but unfortunately I'm at work and facebook is blocked. To summarize he basically said that we don't know what happened between the cop and Mike and that we always assume the worst and just automatically jump on the race bandwagon. He was getting mad that there wasn't any protests or riots when the little baby got shot in the stroller in Georiga and when the WW2 vet was killed by two random thugs who smiled and laughed in their mugshots. He claims that nobody cared or blinked an eye towards those events. He claims people only care when it is an act against a black person.

I wanted to write out a response to what he said but I decided against it because no matter what I would of said it wouldn't change the way he feels about it. I just decided to try and end it there and say that we are coming from two complete different perspectives and we wouldn't change each others' minds. I think after today I am going to just delete Facebook because its much more trouble than what it's worth. What do y'all think would be the proper reply to this situation. Should I have said anything at all or is there a way that I can explain it better so that maybe they can understand where I'm coming from? Sorry to bring this topic back up but I was really frustrated when I saw this.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
its facebook

no one wants to see bullshit in their freetime - just delete buddy and move on. if you're down change his mind, do it in person if you can.

and point to the numbers in situations where someone reaches for handpicked events that scream "see!? white people have it bad too"

its facebook

no one wants to see bullshit in their freetime - just delete buddy and move on. if you're down change his mind, do it in person if you can.

and point to the numbers in situations where someone reaches for handpicked events that scream "see!? white people have it bad too"

Yea I feel you. I'll just delete and move on. I'm not changing his mind cause as soon as i replied last someone copied and pasted a wikipedia article talking about the white slave trade smh. I'm done with it all.

akira28

Fuck the MLB. If I had my way, I'd only be hearing random reports of the Orioles beating the fuck out of extra-terrestrial baseball teams in space.

I only care about one team, and I don't even really like to watch them play.

Imm0rt4l

I really get the feeling Driveclub is about to fall flat on its face.

A month away from release and the best thing anyone has to say about it is how pretty it looks in small gifs

Can't that be said of just about any racing game? I don't buy these type of games, so I really wouldn't know. It doesn't that seem that progressive of a genre.

KumaJG

Ya'll just going to slander america pass time like that. America needs to invite a summer sport, ain't nobody trying to watch golf and mlb. It one or the other not both. NHL should be coming soon as well.

Can't that be said of just about any racing game? I don't buy these type of games, so I really wouldn't know. It doesn't that progressive of a genre.

All a racing game need is good gameplay and a strong community. The probably why Gran Turismo sell like hot cakes.

Poeple say this about the MLB because there are only like 67 of us in the whole league. I tell my stepson, "go work that baseball" because every sporting goods company in the world is looking for the next Ken Griffey Jr.

Ya'll just going to slander america pass time like that. America needs to invite a summer sport, ain't nobody trying to watch golf and mlb. It one or the other not both. NHL should be coming soon as well.

All a racing game need is good gameplay and a strong community. The probably why Gran Turismo sell like hot cakes.

They could take all these practice squad cats and make a summer NFL league but nobody seems to like summer football.

I feel like persona is becoming more and more of a thing, and some point soon " persona will sell more than _______" might be kinda unfair.

There are people arguing over the web whether they should take SMT off the boxes because persona is bigger than SMT with its own set of spin offs. And that they don't the label for it to be associated it with it. Interesting stuff.

Honestly, fuck Persona 4 (and even 3) at this point.

I'm so ready to move on it's not even funny.

Can't that be said of just about any racing game? I don't buy these type of games, so I really wouldn't know.

Grand opening, grand closing.

harSon

Banned
Baseball is legit. Between the various matchups, radical park differences, etc. Baseball is damn near its own science/math. And the farm system is something I wish other sports had (although it's not really applicable across all sports). It's pretty awesome tracking your team's players progressions through the minors to the pros.

Poeple say this about the MLB because there are only like 67 of us in the whole league. I tell my stepson, "go work that baseball" because every sporting goods company in the world is looking for the next Ken Griffey Jr.

I don't think that's the case anymore. There's plenty of young American MLB stars at the moment.

DominoKid

What yall think about the girl on Syracuse team getting caught on vid calling somebody a "faggot nigger" and a gang of black athletes caping for her.

Coon train gonna have to make a quick stop in Syracuse.

DY_nasty

To be fair, from what I've seen in this thread, ya'll got the entertainment tastes of a 12 year old.
i7EtgUOXWbUFK.png

and you got the tastes of a 66 year old, 4 times married white man

"oh look, a double play
iKOE6eIFqYrnX.png
"

" a no hitter. how exciting
iKOE6eIFqYrnX.png
"

" would you look at that - a home run
iKOE6eIFqYrnX.png
"

" i wonder if he's gonna go for it and steal 2nd. nope. smart read.
iKOE6eIFqYrnX.png
"

KumaJG

What yall think about the girl on Syracuse team getting caught on vid calling somebody a "faggot nigger" and a gang of black athletes caping for her.

Gotta hear both sides. She probably blew enough black guys to say nigger

Gorillaz

are they caping for her on twitter?

the coon train might have to do more then just a quick stop sounds like they might need to add some more subsections to the train

DY_nasty

this is why you don't let your white friends say nigger whenever they want lol

never know when you'll have to cape for them

harSon

Banned
the pinnacle achievement in baseball, the perfect game, is painful to watch and be apart of

Depending on your sensibilities, sure. But then again, there's not many sports where a completely one sided affair is entertaining to the spectator. The same is true for something like football. Many people consider defensive struggles to be boring.It's a matter of opinion.

And the perfect game is the pinnacle achievement on the defensive side of the game. The offensive equivalent would be hitting for the cycle (single, double, triple and home run), which isn't quite as "boring."

Mortemis

Banned
Smh, y'all keep hating on baseball.

Been watching and going to games with pops since as long as I can remember. Never played more than some little league since I wanted to focus on bball, but baseball is aight. Edit: can't deny though, shit gets boring as fuck a lot of times, more so than other sports.

Nah, breh. Baseball is boring, in person or on TV. I've attended Yankee games when I lived in NY, and that shit was awful. I'd rather watch video poker.

And hearing about these XCom Ls is reason enough for me not to start again. The aliens can wipe your shit out regardless of how good you think you are. Way too many memories. Shits like a diablo hardcore character when they die.

Destiny in 3 days.

Baseball is difficult to follow cause it has too many games. I can go and enjoy a Dodger game at any point in the season at the park, but not on TV.

Playoffs are dope too. I lose all interest once LA is out of the race though.

ReiGun

The only sports I can stand to watch are basketball and certain Olympic events. And even then, only very casually. Just not much of a sports guy.

Living in Baltimore during NFL season is just five months of being ejected from certain conversations for me. People try to talk to me about the Ravens and I'm just like "Yeah... go local sporting team... :|"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom