• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onemic

And anyone defending it in the thread. "Stay on their good side and you won't get hurt."

That's just-world fallacy bullshit.

Obviously it is as staying on their good side doesnt guarantee you shit, but it's a much better than the alternative that hugely increases your chances of something bad happening to you. Antagonizing a police officer especially as a black males is asking for trouble and in worst case scenario just asking a cop to use it as an excuse to blow you away.

If you're not black you can get away with doing shit like that, but as a black male....you're just asking for trouble if you try to do anything that could be interpreted as being non-compliant.

The demons got in me today
i6P2EGLjoNGyQ.png

Imm0rt4l

Every time I log on facebook I want to unfriend somebody. Not sure if I'm a misanthrope or I need to be more selective about who I add. Doesn't matter now as I don't use fb all that much. I think I'll make a tumblr.

Malyse

Every time I log on facebook I want to unfriend somebody. Not sure if I'm a misanthrope or I need to be more selective about who I add. Doesn't matter now as I don't use fb all that much. I think I'll make a tumblr.

Lot easier to be real on tumblr.

ReiGun

I still use FB to keep up with family or new events with different groups I'm in. Shit was invaluable when I didn't have a phone earlier this year. That said, I avoid reading it, because every time I log in, someone I went to high school or college with inevitably says something that makes me lose respect for them. This might make me a snob, but there it is.

Twitter is more my speed nowadays. I also have a blog, but I don't update it much.

I don't and never have had a Facebook. Never had a Myspace either.

I really don't hate Facebook and I think it seems like a neat way to keep in touch with people, but I would never use it.

. . .
Well, what can be said that he hasn't already said about himself?

I seriously thought he was going with the "He'd be convicted instantly" angle, but NOPE

I guess he just proved most that believe he's an uncle tom.

I felt..I don't know if there's a word for it, embarrassment for the person? when they made it to however old they are and you have to give them some basic info that any brown person should know.

J10

Banned
Why do you guys have so many shitty fb friends

I didn't keep shitty Facebook friends. I had a lot of boring ones though. You never really know just how boring someone's day to day life is until they start posting individual moments on Facebook. I rather just wait a couple of weeks and let a couple of interesting things accumulate and then hear about it in a ten minute phone conversation. That's the way we did it in the 20th century and, dammit, it still works.

Mortemis

Banned
Man I wish my facebook had people that actually wanted to talk about what's going on, then maybe it may not be boring as shit. I rarely go on, just checked right now to see tons of sharing of not so funny funny videos, ads everywhere, posts about moment to moment shit like j10 talks about, and posts about how these people are "moving on" (I swear I read one of these every time I log onto facebook). Also there's a shit ton of ice challenge videos too, but that's expected.

Facebook is nice to hear about old friends and extended family, but fuck me if the place ain't boring for me.

abuC

My FB experience got a few people deleted, I was close to telling this guys father to eat a dick, he started talking about "ThugLIFE" and it being "culture" uhhhhhh.

Off that negativity whats everyones PSN? I just recently got back on PSN after 3 years and only have like 4 people on my friends list. My name is my name (abuC) if anyone wants to add me.

Mortemis

Banned
mortemisiv. But I ain't gonna be doing shit online until Destiny. Will be grinding for that kingdom hearts platinum.

Speaking about that platinum trophy, fuck these gummi ship missions. Fuck 'em.

Well I've had FB for a little over a month and it has opened my eyes to both good and bad. I've defriended folks who I've been close with for years for nonsense and stupidity and even who their friends with. Like if you friend my ex, I'm cutting you the fuck off.

Cat

I like Facebook for keeping in touch with friends and family, but I have un-followed, rather than un-friend, certain in-laws of mine, largely due to politics or excessive sharing of certain types of images (or both in one person's case). I check it daily though I admit with my keeping such a close eye on GAF and Twitter regarding Ferguson, I haven't looked at it much lately.

I hope this post doesn't sink into the many unnoticed BCT posts that many of my other posts have gone into, but I kind of need some advice.

All this summer I tried to get a job and failed. I applied to 12 jobs and up to July heard nothing back even when I called them, to which other people say I still didn't really try enough, even when I rode my bike to ask in person. I just got into a new school and selling my PS4 to even try to scrap up rent. But what I wanna know is how do some of you guys deal when your struggling this low? Of course I did choose the wrong major if I wanted to make money (art) but it shouldn't be this bad to get work or even sell paintings which is something I couldn't manage to do this summer.
Can you link your website with your art to us?

RP912

Banned
Song is buttcheeks literally tho.

I been on a uk grime kick lately. Dudes be going in even though I don't understand the hell they are saying :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom