• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
lol check out who showed up to fight injustice in that "cracker" thread

PREDICTABO

Slayven

lol check out who showed up to fight injustice in that "cracker" thread

PREDICTABO

I laughed so hard.

I made a mistake of reading up on the zoe quinn stuff. Esco post something positive and uplifting using your powers as the only black dude in the game industry.

Malyse

I laughed so hard.

I made a mistake of reading up on the zoe quinn stuff. Esco post something positive and uplifting using your powers as the only black dude in the game industry.

:(

I made a "what makes you happy" and a good news thread

I laughed so hard.

2660931-5379317654-sdcc-.jpg

dehumanizing stare game so strong it covers his whole motion tracker range

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
I laughed so hard.

I've been nopeing the fuck out of every attempted zoe quinn convo people are having. Not my business.

On the positive, am going to PAX next week. Also realised i had A LOT of vacation days saved up. Might head to Vegas after Unity ships.

I've been nopeing the fuck out of every attempted zoe quinn convo people are having. Not my business.

On the positive, am going to PAX next week. Also realised i had A LOT of vacation days saved up. Might head to Vegas after Unity ships.

Damn. I don't get to go this year (we're sending someone else on the team). A shame, because I haven't seen a build of Unity since E3. Plus I miss Stone.

Slayven

Esco 's Janitor Party at Club 36 bring your Wii U Gamepad and drinks are half off.

Wish I could do that.

Th gaf support account must be hilarious and sad.

Jado

Banned

What is this about? She had sex in the past, therefore she and her depression-based video game should be erased from existence?

Slayven

What is this about? She had sex in the past, therefore she and her depression-based video game should be erased from existence?

Some how her sexuality is big issue in the game industry and Besada is leading the cover up. But Evilore has top men on the case, top men.

Jado

Banned
I had to Google the Zoe Quinn thing... kinda wish I hadn't. People are so damn pathetic.

Gotta be honest. I've been thinking about starting a Latino-GAF and a part of me just doesn't want to because I know there are numerous Fernando Ramirezes on GAF (anti feminist, racist). I think they're A LOT more numerous than self-hating black types (remnant, Two Words). Not sure I could handle them concentrated in one area. Torn...

Speaking of...

A lot of churches don't deal with certain people. I know a church around me refused to bury a rapist and a pedophile once. Its not as uncommon as people here say it is for a pastor to say no.

Its their ground. Its their service. Take him to a church who doesn't care or cremate him. Slipping him through seems kinda dumb.

I just saw this. Someone please tell me he's gone forever.

KumaJG

I had to Google the Zoe Quinn thing... kinda wish I hadn't. People are so damn pathetic.

The internet is on her cooch again? God leave her alone.

On another note, my grandma tried to hit me that "if a female put the paws on you shake her ass speech". I got a little chuckle.

Slayven

The internet is on her cooch again? God leave her alone.

On another note, my grandma tried to hit me that "if a female put the paws on you shake her ass speech". I got a little chuckle.

Nobody should be put hands on anybody else. Just leave if shit that bad.

Jado

Banned
BCT! We all we got!

- Nintendo done lost COD? They really gonna sink or swim off their 1st party strength this gen.

Nintendo needs to make the leap to one unified library supported by a mid-range console (no more one-gen behind hardware) and a moderately powerful handheld that can independently run downscaled console games. Single huge audience with access to all of the same games, no excuse for console to lack certain titles, no split interfaces and login systems, minimal confusion.

Right now, I have to pay twice if I wanna play Shovel Knight on Nintendo's handheld and console which is very silly. They should follow the superior smartphone model where buying a game from Android or iOS once allows you to use it on any supported devices you're logged into. Nintendo can/should obviously lock it to one console/one handheld. At worst it should be like this: you buy on console, you pay a small fee to unlock Handheld Mode (or vice versa).

I'm just dreaming.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Speaking as someone who owns a Wiiu, I personally don't give a fuck if cod or assassins creed show up on it.

Nintendo still wants that audience who gives a fuck about cod and AC on their system of choice, but it's just not happening anymore.
People will jsut get it on 3ds and wait until next year when the Wii U shit is in the Kaybee toys bargain bin.

Better have a coupon for a free Weazelball with that

Infinite

Nintendo still wants that audience who gives a fuck about cod and AC on their system of choice, but it's just not happening anymore.

Better have a coupon for a free Weazelball with that

Nintendo should just keep doing whatever they did with Bayonetta 2, Devil's 3rd, and Wonderful 101 and get more interesting 3rd party exclusives to their consoles. I'm not buying a wiiu because I can play COD and assassins creed on it. What compelled me to the console was the promising first party line up from Nintendo. If they can diversify their offerings with more titles in the vein of what I already mentioned, I'm happy.

whats this whole zoe quinn thing about?

Seriously. From what I've seen this morning, she...

Okay, I don't even remember what she did. She might have slept with some people. I don't know why it's an important issue, but there's also something about 4chan?

Kraftwerk

whats this whole zoe quinn thing about?

Here;

An indie developer apparently cheated on her boyfriend, ex-boyfriend writes a giant rant about her filled with chatlogs and naming names

People who hated her really wanted to this to become mainstream news even though it obviously wasn't

One of the people she cheated with was a writer for two websites, which immediately caused people to shout that she "traded sex for reviews" despite the fact that said writer never wrote a review of her game

Then the claim shifted to "she got positive coverage for sleeping around" which turned out to be false because the writer in question only positively mentioned her game in a single article months before the cheating started, in a generic Greenlight link dump article

Then the claim shifted to "well she just gets positive word of mouth because of her relationships" which seems like the most inconsequential shit I've ever heard of in an industry where journalists are quick to report on friend of friend's kickstarters every other day but this resulted in fucking nothing

Then we were told that the cheating and sex was never actually the issue, but rather the existence of other evidence of wrongdoing, first being that message boards were taking down threads about her because these kind of personal details aren't relevant every message board and news organization on earth including 4chan is clandestinely controlled by an indie game developer that 98% of gamers have never heard of

Then we get vague accusations of how she "scammed a game jam" (nobody ever elaborates on this) or that she DMCA'd YouTube videos critical of her (again, nobody elaborates), or that she lied about being harassed on the internet (possibly in a conspiracy with Anita Sarkeesian) because ????, or that she "ruined and shut down a charity" (which seems to have consisted solely of her criticizing a game dev project [not a charity] on Twitter over certain policies during which she may or may not have been confused about what they were proposed, and this project is now angrily screaming that its failure to immediately take off is solely due to Quinn's iron hand)

Now we've gotten to the part where people post anonymous things from random message boards that amount to "In 1998 Zoe Quinn kicked me in the balls, and one of her friends looked at me funny, I had to speak out and tell the truth"

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thanks Kraftwork. EmCee is a trusted source, so that post saved me the time of wading into that bullshit nonsense. Sounds like fedora core nonsense not even worth discussing.
http://imgur.com/gNVDdCG.jpg[/IG]

[IMG]http://imgur.com/ye1N8pI.jpg
She looks like an alien.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom