• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
well you did play Halo Reach and 4 for an extended period of time, so this isn't exactly a new experience

Just more disappointment really.

My biggest wtf moment is about how boring the enemies are everywhere, especially bosses. If they want to take some good pages from other games it's high time that they take a long look at how Heroics and Raids were in WoW when it comes to bosses having a schtick, whether this was like AoE to avoid or a polarization game where everyone has a charge and they gotta stay with people who have the same charge lest they wipe the group. I find myself just bored with the boss fights. It's just avoid being shot at, deal with mobs, bullet sponge monotonous tripe. If not for playing with hilarious and good people I'd be like "this game is half-ass garbage" AND not play it.

smh @ posters in the thread complaining about her stomach tattoos like she's a real person they wanted to holler at.

I remember witnessing a similar discussion prior to Mortal Kombat 9's release about how most of the females are wearing heels and how that's tasteless as if Mortal Kombat has ever been tasteful to begin with.

I could see if it was any other series but even then, it still wouldn't be that serious, but Mortal fucking Kombat? Come on.

I think literally the entire female cast of MK9 are dressed like strippers. Even the check with the sharp scary teeth had to look "sexy"

I'll admit they kind of are, but again, I'm not exactly looking for high-brow entertainment from MK.

Now that flesh pits costume for Mileena? And that being the grand prize of the challenge tower? Cringeworthy as fuck.

I used it a couple of times though :x

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
=(

I hope that ending in 6 wasn't to be taken seriously

I'm sure it's not canon. Quite a few aren't. But if she's gone that's gonna suck, she's only been ONE game (canon wise).

smh @ posters in the thread complaining about her stomach tattoos like she's a real person they wanted to holler at.

You know they have to be absolutely flawless! Waifus can't be marred with unsightly tattoos or wear heels, lest she looks like a whore.

Kreed

You know they have to be absolutely flawless! Waifus can't be marred with unsightly tattoos or wear heels, lest she looks like a whore.

Like any self respecting waifu is going to want to be seen with these bare foot Davidos wearing the same Evangelion shirt for multiple days straight.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
By far the best card art in that WWE Super Card game:

mpzwlRnl.jpg
ZNIiumXl.jpg

Too bad they didn't use the full shot for that Naomi pic.

Exactly, region lock is ultimately on the publisher. Whether servers are split or not is usually a dev money thing, but I'm not sure if Nintendo's friends system allows for cross-region play (never came up before)

What? Pretty much every Nintendo game with online has cross region play. I actually can't think of one without it

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I spent a full 15 minutes this afternoon explaining to my 4 year old that the DMX song he heard was not a bear yelling into the microphone and said bear was not coming to get him.

I mean come on

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I spent a full 15 minutes this afternoon explaining to my 4 year old that the DMX song he heard was not a bear yelling into the microphone and said bear was not coming to get him.

I mean come on

I know right. it's supposed to be a dog!

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

I mean come on

he does growl, snarl and bark alot. common mistake that he thinks its a talking bear

Slayven

I mean come on

Should have told him DMX doesn't want his own son, let alone someone else's

KumaJG

1 - DMX has radio edits for most of his songs, including this one (Ruff Ryder's Anthem), and
2 - we were getting fired up for capoeira class. I'd play Big Krit for him, but he's not ready for that yet

What you know about Big Krit

Did Jay-Z really cry yo

Onemic

Honestly, it's thoroughly average at best. If you're willing to drop 60 for an incredibly flawed experience, and you have to play the game, I'd advise you take the plunge now. Similar to Titanfall, I don't see the game having much staying power. It's honestly going to take a Realm Reborn/Diablo III like revision to morph the game into something worthwhile.

Think I'll just hold out for Xrd then.

And I called Titanfall delivering nowhere close to its last year. Everyone thought I was cray.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom