• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
You have my condolences, Naka.

~~

As soon as I get a moment to get back on my computer, I'm gonna update the OP with a few things. I need to put Slay's unbeatable post count back on there, some updates about the Ferguson riots, and I need to add a link to those pages in OT7 making fun of that guy LOL (prolly should make a note about who he is too).

J10

Banned
Pants as a preorder bonus? Esco pls.
Bv0qNQ3IMAAoj-b.jpg

Someone explain this shit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
AGK isn't as good as naruto or even bleach were at their best, but it's certainly better than what Naruto and Bleach are right now.

The fuck.
bolded - basically

but bleach at its best shit on everything so that's not really fair.

and i don't even want to get into hunter x hunter because i've been jerked around by hiatus happy guys before.

On Episode 8 of Power

Thoughts:

Ghost ain't no kinda shit.

Angela ain't shit either.

I really think this show hates black people.

Nigga didnt even stay to hear his wife sing to him

My personal favorite: "Tasha is......not you"

Like GODAMN this chick isn't even that bad bruh

Mortemis

Banned
Pacific rim was aight. It was a fun idea but I feel like it coulda been executed better. The non-fight scenes were a bore and the fight scenes left something to be desired.

bolded - basically

but bleach at its best shit on everything so that's not really fair.

and i don't even want to get into hunter x hunter because i've been jerked around by hiatus happy guys before.

Honestly you should just watch the HxH anime and just that. It's good enough to be seen on it's own and the anime will end at a good point too.

Jojo and HxH are the two best ongoing animes atm, and it sucks that both will end/go on break but I ain't even mad. We getting a proper Fate/Stay Night anime and hopefully a decent gundam anime coming up in fall. Skeptical on gundam but I'm willing to give it another chance.

DY_nasty

zero faith in ever getting a good gundam anime. i've got more hope in macross at this point.

i might give hunter x hunter a shot :/ it just really put me off with how it started off (only watched first 3 episodes)

jojo is must watch tho

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
zero faith in ever getting a good gundam anime. i've got more hope in macross at this point.

i might give hunter x hunter a shot :/ it just really put me off with how it started off (only watched first 3 episodes)

jojo is must watch tho

thats some hope you have there

DY_nasty

customization - choose how you want to dress your 4 white guys
Ignoring the numerous good ones, right?

the numerous good ones TWENTY YEARS AGO

and wing has aged... i mean, its not 'bad' but the nostalgia helps its case a lot

and i never liked wing zero custom's design that much. angel wings? cmon i'd expect that shit out of final fantasy or something. it was just left field and jarring as hell

KumaJG

they all look so utterly uninteresting. they're gonna kill their own ip in 2 years

anime

what should i be watching right now? naruto is straight asspulls at the moment.

i was gonna dive into appleseed's manga and battle angel alita later on this week.

Forget Appleseed manga and dive into that Kingdom ,Toriko , Ajin and splash of The Breaker/Silver Spoon.

DY_nasty

Forget Appleseed manga and dive into that Kingdom ,Toriko , Ajin and splash of The Breaker/Silver Spoon.

appleseed is supposed to be a classic tho.

kingdom is piff. hopefully the anime does it justice in season 3.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
What I want to know is why Esco ain't answering for his crimes. After all, everyone knows he is single-highhandedly responsible for every design decision coming out of Ubisoft right now. Pre-order pants? C'mon son get it together.

customization - choose how you want to dress your 4 white guys

the numerous good ones TWENTY YEARS AGO

and wing has aged... i mean, its not 'bad' but the nostalgia helps its case a lot

and i never liked wing zero custom's design that much. angel wings? cmon i'd expect that shit out of final fantasy or something. it was just left field and jarring as hell

SEED was good
Destiny was bad
00 was good
00S2 was bad
Age was bad
Build fighters was good (for what it was aiming to do)

I think build fighters 2 will be bad and gundam reconguista in g will be terrible but I still have hope that the next ones after will be decent.

Silky

Banned
Amongst other things, yes. What would you suggest?

One of the things I apprecxiate about the AC series is that the CE or certain pre-order bonuses come with sick physical shit like a belt buckle or a map. But I can understand the issues of providing stuff like that.

If anything, instead of giving us stat changing items that we'll just discard later, why not give something like a trinket that helps find collectibles. Or some shit.

--

We got nerds calling in bomb threats, brehs

KumaJG

appleseed is supposed to be a classic tho.

kingdom is piff. hopefully the anime does it justice in season 3.

Time to get on that Ajin, Silver Spoon, The Breaker and Toriko hype with then! I have yet to watch the Kingdom anime. Feel like it going to be a disappointment.

Amongst other things, yes. What would you suggest?

Weapon/Helmet would of made sense, pants just seem so random lol Something physical like artbook/fanbook would be nice.

DY_nasty

Let me play Assassin's Creed with a film grain filter or in black and white mode. You'd have my money and my pants.
SEED was good
Destiny was bad
00 was good
00S2 was bad
Age was bad

I think build fighters 2 will be bad and gundam reconguista in g will be terrible but I still have hope that the next ones after will be decent.
I hated 00 something fierce. Destiny was beyond just ' bad'. Edit: SEED was shit too wtf

My thing is, if you're going to regurgitate the same story line over and over - at least polish it up. Or make it entertaining. They can't do either (OR even pander to the waifu crowd properly which truly shows that they have no idea what they're doing with their own cash cow anymore).

Sooner or later they're gonna get beat in their own game and I'll savor every moment.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
G reco looks amazing by all accounts so far. October can't come soon enough

Build fighters 2 is up in the air but that show was always for a certain type of Gundam fan. The kid in me that loved medabots likes it more than the gundam fan.

And Gundam-San is consistently hilarious

Mortemis

Banned
SEED was good
Destiny was bad
00 was good
00S2 was bad
Age was bad

Nah, SEED was bad, Destiny was something else entirely, just too bad.

Time to get on that Ajin, Silver Spoon, The Breaker and Toriko hype with then! I have yet to watch the Kingdom anime. Feel like it going to be a disappointment.

Never heard of Ajin, what's that about?

Silky

Banned
I keep forgetting Esco works at Ubi lol

I'm actually in the mood for another AC....I've still yet to play Brotherhood. Want to pick that up and Black Flag.

OG Gundam
Gundam Wing
08th MS Team

Top 3 in that universe. Ive tried getting into other anime, but for whatever reason, none of them grab me. AoT was pretty good, but nothing mind blowing. Never liked Bleach.

Gorillaz

Esco tell them boys at Ubisoft I want a black flag sequel or spinoff series

Same with Blood Dragon I kno damn well yall got that on the backburner

Silky

Banned
Since Comcast jobbed on me I'm waiting patiently for on demand to put on the latest episodes of Black Lagoon and Space Dandy.

DY_nasty

Who's going to be the guy in the meeting that finally suggests that tacked on craptastic missions and items that you won't even use past the first 30 minutes of the game aren't that great of a real draw? A lot of people preorder out of convenience. Some of the aesthetic stuff simply just draws people to place over another.

There's got to be better ways to push preorders without resorting to throw away stuff or things that completely divide the community

or i could be wrong as hell and talking out of my ass

OG Gundam
Gundam Wing
08th MS Team

Top 3 in that universe. Ive tried getting into other anime, but for whatever reason, none of them grab me. AoT was pretty good, but nothing mind blowing. Never liked Bleach.

Ghost in The Shell is always the GOAT for me.

Mortemis

Banned
Esco tell them boys at Ubisoft I want a black flag sequel or spinoff series

Spinoff for sure. Black flag made me want something I never thought I wanted, an open world pirate game. Just get rid of the assassin parts, get new combat, and focus on the pirate parts and you got my money ubi. I'm over simplifying it a lot but I feel like that has some potential.

Hmm it is about immortal(Ajin) terrorist plots lol That probably not the best way for me to describe it.

Lol its cool. I'll just check out the first chapter myself.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
OG Gundam
Gundam Wing
08th MS Team

Nah bro

zeta gundam
Turn a gundam
gundam x
G Gundam
War in the Pocket

RedSwirl

Spinoff for sure. Black flag made me want something I never thought I wanted, an open world pirate game. Just get rid of the assassin parts, get new combat, and focus on the pirate parts and you got my money ubi. I'm over simplifying it a lot but I feel like that has some potential.

Do it. There are plenty other eras of piracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom