• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

harSon

Banned

He's been to jail off and on since he was young. But he's a dead beat dad and the Judge is sick of him never working/paying child support, so every month that goes by and he doesn't have a job, he has to turn himself in and go to jail for I think a week. He hasn't tried looking for a job, and he hasn't been turning himself in, so there was a warrant out for his arrest. I guess he hopped on a light rail yesterday without paying, got caught, and his ass got shipped to Elmwood. He's got court on Monday. Dude's 37 years old.

He's been to jail off and on since he was young. But he's a dead beat dad and the Judge is sick of him never working/paying child support, so every month that goes by and he doesn't have a job, he has to turn himself in and go to jail for I think a week. He hasn't tried looking for a job, and he hasn't been turning himself in, so there was a warrant out for his arrest. I guess he hopped on a light rail yesterday without paying, got caught, and his ass got shipped to Elmwood. He's got court on Monday. Dude's 37 years old.

Damn, sorry to hear. But the bold I initially read as "The jungle is sick of him" and I laughed...hard. Again, I am truly sorry. =(

harSon

Banned
Damn, sorry to hear. But the bold I initially read as "The jungle is sick of him" and I laughed...hard. Again, I am truly sorry. =(

Eh, it doesn't really phase me anymore. I pretty much wrote him off and don't associate myself with him. Even when he's around, I'm emotionally detached. It makes coping with situations like this a lot easier. I mean, I'll be there if he truly wants to turn his life around, but he doesn't need my help to be useless. Only thing that pisses me off is the fact that my nephew is in the middle of this, and he's getting to the age where resentment/hate for a deadbeat parent kicks in.

My dad is pretty much the same way, but my Mom has too big of a heart. Dude could probably slaughter the family, and she'll be there to try and pick up the pieces :p

Malyse

they all look so utterly uninteresting. they're gonna kill their own ip in 2 years

anime

what should i be watching right now? naruto is straight asspulls at the moment.

i was gonna dive into appleseed's manga and battle angel alita later on this week.
Yuri.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Brother is in jail again -_-

Sorry to hear that. hopefully not for long.

wow, dont know what to say to that.

zero faith in ever getting a good gundam anime. i've got more hope in macross at this point.

i might give hunter x hunter a shot :/ it just really put me off with how it started off (only watched first 3 episodes)

jojo is must watch tho

I just breezed through the first season as noted by the new Avatar. It does start slow but its getting really good already and interesting. Also might depend on which version you're watching. The old version was pretty slower. The 2011 series is going a little faster.
Jojo is a must watch already indeed and i only finished part 1. wrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy!

Edit: Oh Man harSon thats terrible to hear.

customization - choose how you want to dress your 4 white guys

the numerous good ones TWENTY YEARS AGO

and wing has aged... i mean, its not 'bad' but the nostalgia helps its case a lot

and i never liked wing zero custom's design that much. angel wings? cmon i'd expect that shit out of final fantasy or something. it was just left field and jarring as hell

Ahh, gotcha. I thought you were saying there were no good Gundams. You hear about the new one? Looks pretty promising. G-Reco. It's definitely more UC-ish

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
i want to see the numbers on people who actually give a shit about desmond
I just breezed through the first season as noted by the new Avatar. It does start slow but its getting really good already and interesting. Also might depend on which version you're watching. The old version was pretty slower. The 2011 series is going a little faster.
Jojo is a must watch already indeed and i only finished part 1. wrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy!

Edit: Oh Man harSon thats terrible to hear.

i was watching the newer hunter x hunter. i know i should've stuck with more but meh.

jojo is dope
Ahh, gotcha. I thought you were saying there were no good Gundams. You hear about the new one? Looks pretty promising. G-Reco. It's definitely more UC-ish
could've worded it better but to say that Gundam has been in a slump is just not insulting them properly

I mean, people said Unicorn was gonna be great but look how that ended

Nah bro

Struggle List of Sugar Grits Anime

All I saw.

could've worded it better but to say that Gundam has been in a slump is just not insulting them properly

This is like saying the Knicks have had their issues, but this season is the one where they turn it around.

Some anime I can still watch, like Outlaw Star and Bebop, but a lot of the new shit is just ass to me.

Diablo LAN PS4. Hopefully the PSN will be back soon.

BLT sandwich

Broccoli
Lemon
Turkey

How disappointed would you be?

29-Camron-NP.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
All I saw.

This is like saying the Knicks have had their issues, but this season is the one where they turn it around.

Some anime I can still watch, like Outlaw Star and Bebop, but a lot of the new shit is just ass to me.

Diablo LAN PS4. Hopefully the PSN will be back soon.
I keep telling people to check out Yamato but naw they want to preorder bullet girls and shit then blame jesus

I keep telling people to check out Yamato but naw they want to preorder bullet girls and shit then blame jesus

Next long flight I have, I'll give this a chance.

HOLY SHIT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROHv...be&app=desktop

NECK BEARDS UNITE, GRAB YO FEDORAS!

fifty.gif

*shrugs*

Just trying to expand your horizons beyond the after school Toonami block is all

Was watching anime long before that era. The OG Gundam is probably still my favorite.
Gundam Wing has it's flaws and lulls, but the highs are legit.
G Gundam...just no. Seed? Fail.

I'd like a sequel to Outlaw Star, but that's not happening. Sword of Wind sounded eh though, so maybe its for the best.

Skullface

Eh, it doesn't really phase me anymore. I pretty much wrote him off and don't associate myself with him. Even when he's around, I'm emotionally detached. It makes coping with situations like this a lot easier. I mean, I'll be there if he truly wants to turn his life around, but he doesn't need my help to be useless. Only thing that pisses me off is the fact that my nephew is in the middle of this, and he's getting to the age where resentment/hate for a deadbeat parent kicks in.

My dad is pretty much the same way, but my Mom has too big of a heart. Dude could probably slaughter the family, and she'll be there to try and pick up the pieces :p

Sorry to hear of your troubles bro. I've been to jail and I wouldn't wish that hell upon anyone (that I know personally). I don't understand how some people just give up like that... I hope things get better.

Shouldn't be surprising. I mean it's trash but its popularity sort of saved the franchise after declining viewership due to consecutive 50 episode AU shows.

Pretty much.

Customisation. Giving people what thy asked for.

Hey, I'm down for fast pants.

Let me play Assassin's Creed with a film grain filter or in black and white mode. You'd have my money and my pants.

I hated 00 something fierce. Destiny was beyond just ' bad'. Edit: SEED was shit too wtf

My thing is, if you're going to regurgitate the same story line over and over - at least polish it up. Or make it entertaining. They can't do either (OR even pander to the waifu crowd properly which truly shows that they have no idea what they're doing with their own cash cow anymore).

Sooner or later they're gonna get beat in their own game and I'll savor every moment.

00 S1 was great, but S2 failed to deliver.

Still some of the best Gundam designs ever, until the great Build Fighters remixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom