• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim |OT2| Team Edward's Revenge

ShinNL

So at what level did your guys start to feel awesome and why?

Because right now my lvl 31 conjurer sword dual wielder is feeling awesome, now that I have the 20% magic resist perk :D (stacked with some other magic resist stuff)

I thought at first that when I finished my Daedric armor it was enough to be awesome, but learned 2 things:
- Upgrading your armor is very important.
- Armor doesn't do jack against mages hurling elemental stuff at you and dragons breathing their flames of death.

Now I can fight everything head-on without a sweat :D

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utvvHFCOG9o

eek5

Also conjuration is boss.

raepcrew.png

hell yeah. companion wearing full dragon armor + 2 dremora lords? yes please! lol

I replaced one of the dremora lords with a master necromancer.. dudes spam their shitty ice spears and kill everything :lol

HTuran

Finished the main quest last night.

Holy. Shit. The art direction in this game is stunning.

Also love how the main quest ends.

Echoplx

http://www.4mul8.net/up/files/1768_fcz85/raepcrew.png

hell yeah. companion wearing full dragon armor + 2 dremora lords? yes please! lol

It's so boss having two dremora lords when I'm also decked out in Deadric armor, I just wish they were permanent like the master level summons :<

eek5

It's so boss having two dremora lords when I'm also decked out in Deadric armor, I just wish they were permanent like the master level summons :<

Yeah it's a bummer you don't get full-time dremora lords but I kind of like casting them forward when they fall behind. Way better than a companion since you can dismiss them with your bound sword

BeeDog

The complete lack of personality in all sidekicks is bothering me a lot. I've been enormously spoiled by New Vegas in this regard.

Goddam these CTD's!! That's my only complaint about this game. At least once every 4 hours or so I get a CTD. Anyone know the cause and how to stop it?

The complete lack of personality in all sidekicks is bothering me a lot. I've been enormously spoiled by New Vegas in this regard.
I don't mind so much. I am surprised by some of the dialogue though. I used Healing Hands on one of my Followers and he said "Was that a Healing spell?" .

angelfly

Finished off the main quest during GAF downtime. I never finished Oblivion's main quest since hated closing those Oblivion gates but Skyrim's main quest was surprisingly good the whole way through. Now I'm working on the Companion (only guild I haven't completed) quests and after that I'll start down the list. There's also still one major city I haven't visited yet.

Wallach

Just got Twin Souls (Conjuration). It's pretty much as amazing as I expected. Also, Dremora Lord is fucking ridiculous even on Master, and now I have two of them running around doing my dirty work. I pretty much just kick back and try to take nice pictures of them doing cool ass finishing moves on everything.

I also (Azura related) got the
Black Star
, which seemed pretty fitting for my character. Also the last area you to in that quest chain is gorgeous, I wish I could go back.

For a guy in no armor, I'm pretty damn hard to kill at this point. If you can get through Bill and Jimmy Lee, you've got to deal with 25% physical resist, 80% magic resist, 30% magic absorb, and 300 armor just as passives. With Dragonskin, wards, healing and shouts on top of that, I'm pretty much a raid boss.

Echoplx

Yeah it's a bummer you don't get full-time dremora lords but I kind of like casting them forward when they fall behind. Way better than a companion since you can dismiss them with your bound sword

I don't use the bound weapons, only invested in summons, but I can kill them just as easily anyway :p

It's kinda ridiculous how poorly they thought out leveling, I'm 58 and have 1handed/heavy armor/illusion/destruction/conjuration/smithing all at 100 and can own anything even without my summons :lol

Goddam these CTD's!! That's my only complaint about this game. At least once every 4 hours or so I get a CTD. Anyone know the cause and how to stop it?

Most likely cause: Game running out of RAM (from my personal experience)
Solution: make the game large address aware (can use more RAM)
See: PC performance thread

Midou

Yeah, they seem to be more like gameplay help than story additions. Though I'm also bothered by the lack of AI wheel to control them like in fallout, a lot of companions in skyrim stay way back and by the time they reach me, the fight is over.

Fjordson

Got so much done during the downtime.

Ran into my first Daedric quest. Was really cool and...super weird. But more importantly, I got the Dawnbreaker sword. So awesome.

Also, me and Aela the Huntress are now happily wed, living in Whiterun at the moment :lol

Yeah, they seem to be more like gameplay help than story additions. Though I'm also bothered by the lack of AI wheel to control them like in fallout, a lot of companions in skyrim stay way back and by the time they reach me, the fight is over.

For the most part they are pretty lame compared to the New Vegas ones, but the one I actually love is Marcurio. He's always chiming in (in and out of combat) without being annoying and seems to have an actual personality. And he's an absolutely beast in combat. Can go toe-to-toe with dragon priests, blood dragons, and anything else I throw at him.

Atruvius

Finished the Dark Brotherhood quest line yesterday! Might be the best guild in the game, assassinations are fun! You also get an awesome companion from it,
Lucien Lachance
! A nice surprise indeed.

Using bows is so much more satisfying than melee.

cackhyena

So at what level did your guys start to feel awesome and why?

Because right now my lvl 31 conjurer sword dual wielder is feeling awesome, now that I have the 20% magic resist perk :D (stacked with some other magic resist stuff)

I thought at first that when I finished my Daedric armor it was enough to be awesome, but learned 2 things:
- Upgrading your armor is very important.
- Armor doesn't do jack against mages hurling elemental stuff at you and dragons breathing their flames of death.

Now I can fight everything head-on without a sweat :D

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utvvHFCOG9o

Man, how are you all decked out like that and only level 31? I'm just in a few dragon armor pieces and still glass and ebony weapons at level 38. Also, seeing how far back PC lets you pull back the camera in 3rd person compared to 360 just adds to the list of jealousy I have in comparison.

Damn, I was coming to ask about this. Disappointed to know that the sidekicks are all going to be completely generic. Like you said, New Vegas did a great job of having a reason to care for your companion.

That would explain why I didn't particularly feel too bad when Lydia died last night. Plus I saved after she died, and I'm not going through Valthume again just to save her.

Btw, did anyone else find Valthume hard as fuck? I had spent around 10 and a half hours just exploring, and had only killed one dragon (the first), when I discovered Valthume. So I go inside, find this
ghost dude
and he explains a lot of stuff which I won't divulge here. Then I begin fighting the way tougher enemies, and holy shit, I must've died around 30-35 times so far, maybe more. Plus the last boss, who the
ghost (I forget his name)
said was far WEAKER than had he been fully powered up? That's absurd, I'm still fighting it, and gradually taking his health down, but his shock attacks are so powerful, I have to constantly hide behind the pillars, dragon shout at him to stun him a bit, then swing at him hard, then use the rest of my stamina to run as fast as I can back to the pillars.

The battle so far has taken around 30 minutes, and I'm still not done. I've leveled 3 times so far in this one place. Jeebus...

Veelk

Banned
Okay, I finally collected the gold ore and flawless sapphire for some guy named madesi, but when I activate the quest in my journal, it's not telling me the destination. What gives?

And while I'm at it, why did I get the Red Eagle quest again when I read the book even though I completed it some 40 hours ago.

dondarm

Banned
Wow, just got the last perk in the stealth tree... anyone else thinking this is completely broken? I mean, if I I duck and stand up repeatedly I have permanent invisibility and if your timing is right you get free sneak attacks in the middle of a fight.

Wallach

Is it viable to go full on magic only in this game? I'm tempted if so.

Absolutely, yeah. I'm not only a full-on mage (I have no perks in anything but three spell schools), I don't even use Destruction magic and I play on the hardest setting. Magic in this game provides you with a ridiculous amount of control and utility.

Rerolled my Breton into another Breton (poor perk choices in Lockpicking and Illusion imo, among others), only this time I'm focusing more on Conjuration and Smithing. How I ignored those two, I'll never know.

xxczx

Got a bug, Brotherhood spoilers
When you get the token to get your fourtune told and go to Hags End to get the armor from the dead Brotherhood guy, when I equip the hood, it won't show. Instead it acts like it's equiped and hides the hair, etc. The bounses from it are there but it just won't show.
Anyone else get this?

Fjordson

Is it viable to go full on magic only in this game? I'm tempted if so.
Not only viable, it's pretty beastly. I'm more of a thief (lots of archery) but my wife's character is a pure mage and it's great. So many powerful options at your disposal.

Zeliard

Wards are so great. Love just holding one up and shooting back as a dragon or whoever is attempting to spray me with something nasty. Effective and visually awesome.

Locke_211

Okay, I finally collected the gold ore and flawless sapphire for some guy named madesi, but when I activate the quest in my journal, it's not telling me the destination. What gives?

And while I'm at it, why did I get the Red Eagle quest again when I read the book even though I completed it some 40 hours ago.

Madesi is at the Riften marketplace.

Okay, so I'm currently level 13 and I haven't come across a single dragon. My friend saw where I was in the main quests and said I should have already fought at least one dragon. He also took me to other locations where dragons should be and there was nothing. Whats the deal here, anyone know?

HTuran

Okay, so I'm currently level 13 and I haven't come across a single dragon. My friend saw where I was in the main quests and said I should have already fought at least one dragon. He also took me to other locations where dragons should be and there was nothing. Whats the deal here, anyone know?
Well, where are you in the main quest?

MrBig

Wish you could keep the spiderbot in the Dwemer Museum as a companion

Also dragons seem to have a vendetta against Winterhold. Have fought 5 of them there

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Spent most of the downtime grinding to upgrade my smithing/armor and I got Dwarven stuff, which is pretty badass (even though for some reason even well smith'd boots don't match the quality of wolf boots).

One thing I noticed fighting in 3rd person is my two handed Superior greatsword seems to straight up knock people out like it were a baseball bat. Awesome.

Also, some magic woman chased Marcurio and I down near the Halstream Bandit Camp and just before I went into the Final Kill animation, she was saying I YIELD, I YIELD, which was both tragic and hilarious.

LAMBO

i heard a dragon cooking some guards by windhelm so i ran over. shot it with an arrow or two but it didn't seem to care. it then lands over a hill and i hear it fighting. it's fighting two giants and a mammoth. they killed the dragon so fast it was a joke. just as the dragon died i ran by and got the soul. but then i had the giants and mammoth chasing me which was scary as hell. I've killed four dragons but the people of skyrim should be worried about giants and mammoths.

don't worry about finding dragons they will find you.

iNvid02

yeah i haven't made it to the greybeards yet, just doing everything else. level 45 and the game seems to have stepped it up, a dragon appears almost everytime i go to riverwood. its good to get those souls but kind of annoying too

i think if you avoid the main quest altogether dragons wont spawn yet

@ghostrida

you just carry on, no credits or anything

If you complete the main quest can you continue with your character and do everything else or does the game end? I keep hearing mixed answers.

Wanace

I am absolutely LOVING alchemy. I'm going to max it out except for the perk that lets you discover effects by tasting. I had to take the first level but the rest are pointless because it's just as easy to experiment and get all of them.

With enchantments to buff alchemy, I'm making poisons that can paralyze for 19 seconds and deal like 50 points of poison damage too. Or do 20 points of poison damage a second for 10 seconds. Crazy stuff. And my alchemy is only at like 70 or so.

Some of my potions are worth like 700 gold each. I'll never be able to sell them all so I just store them in a barrel until I'll need gold or use them.

I'm level 40 now, feeling godlike but since I don't wear armor I'm still pretty weak. I only have 200 HP, 150 Stamina, and the rest is in Magicka. I'm at 99 destruction skill and I love blowing the shit out of stuff.

Still have 1 or 2 perks I want in one-handed damage and sword criticals, want to get up to daedric smithing, and also want to max out enchanting. Will need a lot more levels to do it but I'm having a blast and still have a crapload of stuff to do.

Next character will focus on stealth, archery, and alchemy. I can't imagine what havoc you can wreak with potions of frenzy, paralysis, a bow and arrow, and sneaking in the shadows.

If you complete the main quest can you continue with your character and do everything else or does the game end? I keep hearing mixed answers.

Yes, the game never ends, even after you complete the main quest and all the factions and side quests, there are still the random quests you can get from the dark brotherhood, taverns, etc. There is no actual stopping point like in Fallout 3/New Vegas.

fanboi

Banned
Dual casting and doing a combined firebolt (not sure with icespike and so) make ALL enemies get knocked back which is overpowered since I can do that all day long against all enemies and kill them... even dragoons.

HTuran

Hm, I just killed a Dragon Priest in like 4 arrows. It was the one you find on the Main Quest. I'm levelled fairly high (~40), do they scale?

Echoplx

WAT

I just had a random attack on a city by an ancient dragon, I thought elder was the highest rank? Maybe shit does scale higher than 50 because I'm currently lvl 58

Top Bottom