• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

And I don't know about the date anymore. Somebody said we should do them after the rewatch, which isn't a half bad idea. What do you guys say?

Like I said, I've already done my nominations, but I wouldn't mind waiting until after the rewatch in case I've forgotten stuff, which I probably have lol

Yeah, I'll wait till then.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I've been waiting for a backlash to the ending from Fox News or other conservative news/blog sites, and I haven't seen any. That is really good.

It's probably cuz it was online only, and Fox News doesn't know how to use the internet.

Phyranion

Running? Not really, but you may want to take a look at Young Justice and Wakfu.Wasn't season 4 on tv too?
I've watched Young Justice (and I loved it). It feels like all the action series are being canceled these days, and that only 'wacky' shows (like Teen Titans Go) are allowed to live. Disney has been pumping out a lot of Marvel stuff though, too bad I just can't stand them.

Blackhead

Redarse
At first I was going to argue, but yeah you're right. I think Kill La Kill ended and led up to it better but still the same outcome.

Lol wut?

tumblr_mcspb0ZJ3C1qfqdfr.gif

I wasn't planning on using this avatar on an extended basis, I was going to go back to the Daniel Jackson avatar I've been using since 2008. But I have decided to keep this, permanently.

ATLA and TLOK are the first series to make me feel so unequivocally happy and excited since Stargate Atlantis ended. I think I should respect that. Thank you again Azula for making it.

Mako and Ryuko dating each other was definitely going to happen and they didn't just spring it on you in the last minute. Kill La Kill had a pretty fun finale with more stuff being resolved in the OVA and Kill La Kill largely used it's cast more effectively. Many will consider me high on LSD for this opinion on here but Kill La Kill really isn't that bad once you get passed some of the randomness and fan service. My only real complaint with Kill La Kill was
that I didn't think they did enough with the revelation of Ryuko and Satsuki being sisters. I wanted more of a change in their actual dynamic, but given how much Ryuko hated Satsuki that transition was always going to take awhile.

Daemul

Apparently theres a petition going for Nick to renew Korra.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but maybe after the hugely positive reaction to the finale they would consider it.

https://www.change.org/p/michael-br...rbender-and-legend-of-korra-world-if-possible

I wouldn't mind another couple of seasons. The finale didn't feel like a series finale at all, more like a season one.

With finales for shows like ATLA and Breaking Bad, you felt yourself hitting the concrete wall or reaching the end of the line, I felt none of that with the LoK finale. For a good few minutes I was actually thinking about what was going to happen the next season, before realising it was the end. It sure as hell didn't fell like the end.

A-V-B

I wouldn't mind another couple of seasons. The finale didn't feel like a series finale at all, more like a season one.

With finales for shows like ATLA and Breaking Bad, you felt yourself hitting the concrete wall or reaching the end of the line, I felt none of that with the LoK finale. For a good few minutes I was actually thinking about what was going to happen the next season, before realising it was the end. It sure as hell didn't fell like the end.

Because it's all about setup and resolution of long arcs in a series finale, most times.

Like, what was going on in Last Stand? Freaking nothing lol

CDiggity

Nope. I'm done with Korra's story much like I was done with aang's. If they return, give us something fresh.

On a different note. Watched some of Wakfu and Oban Star Racers again. Shoutout to France cause that's some great stuff, arguably does a lot of things better than Korra.

Blackhead

Redarse
Mako and Ryuko dating each other was definitely going to happen and they didn't just spring it on you in the last minute. Kill La Kill had a pretty fun finale with more stuff being resolved in the OVA and Kill La Kill largely used it's cast more effectively. Many will consider me high on LSD for this opinion on here but Kill La Kill really isn't that bad once you get passed some of the randomness and fan service. My only real complaint with Kill La Kill was
that I didn't think they did enough with the revelation of Ryuko and Satsuki being sisters. I wanted more of a change in their actual dynamic, but given how much Ryuko hated Satsuki that transition was always going to take awhile.

Again LOL WUT?! Just saying it doesn't support make it true. Show me the receipts compared to LoK

And you're definitely high on something. Kill La Kill is the only show I've seen where the writers pulled a retcon in the very first season. The potholes are gaping wipe lol

NB: I watched KLK as it aired weekly and commented in the GAF thread and witnessed the arguments after the finale

Afrocious

I have an idea. Why don't we all watch Twin Peaks?

Nope. I'm done with Korra's story much like I was done with aang's. If they return, give us something fresh.

On a different note. Watched some of Wakfu and Oban Star Racers again. Shoutout to France cause that's some great stuff, arguably does a lot of things better than Korra.
Nox was a cool villain.

Kinvara

I don't disagree at all. When people put all of the blame on Nick, I don't really by into that totally. Yeah, Nick messed them up, but Fox messed up Arrested Development during the 2nd and especially 3rd season (from what I recall) and yet that show was still gold.

Does that really count? I mean it's a sitcom.

Again LOL WUT?! Just saying it doesn't support make it true. Show me the receipts compared to LoK

And you're definitely high on something. Kill La Kill is the only show I've seen where the writers pulled a retcon in the very first season. The potholes are gaping wipe lol

NB: I watched KLK as it aired weekly and commented in the GAF thread and witnessed the arguments after the finale
Oh it's not perfect I'm not even going to argue with you over that. In fact I really don't even discuss that show for the most part. I recommend it because I think the show is fun and it's something I enjoyed watching. I'd never recommend KLK if you're looking for something intellectual. It's just something I chilled out and watched after I got back from either work or the gym just to relax. It's a fun show, not an intellectual show. Regarding Mako and Ryuko Mako is quite literally Ryuko's emotional support and cheer squad. She's the one that calms her down when she went berserk that one episode, she's the one that takes in Ryuko, she's the reason why she's even able to eat on a consistent basis. Ryuko never got paired up with anybody romantically. Mako is pretty much the one person Ryuko always keeps from hurting on that show. You don't like the show yeah I get you, a lot don't It's definitely one of those love it hate it shows. And I hit the OT for KLK and to be honest Mako and Ryuko have way more on screen interaction than Korra and Asami.
ishey83QEZNUm.jpg

LlnRKGI.gif

iba6Mv96bJumIA.gif

And there's also this when Mako sees Ryuko's cleavage:
6d7.gif

My god why am I always arguing over this show? Both shows have strengths and weaknesses, but both are enjoyable.
Both seasons or just the first one?

Teh people already are coming up ideas what the next Avatar might look like
tumblr_ngzumtrjVA1qgwypxo1_400.jpg
Dude looks like he belongs in an SMT game.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I just wish we didn't get that Gamagoori thing at the end because it just confused people *sigh*

I just wish we didn't get that Gamagoori thing at the end because it just confused people *sigh*
Gamagoori is like Mako. He had no clue which way Mako went. Maybe Korra's Mako and Gamogoori should start a support group for males that tried to sex up lesbian women.

Astral Dog

I would if I could remember anything of value about the events of Book 2 to say anything about it.

Seriously, all I remember is some lame romance nonsense, the good parts being the Wan episodes, Bolin being a waste of time, and Mako being a detective.

I forget if Asami was in Book 2 prior to her kissing Mako.

But for real, what happened in Book 2? Like, I literally remember a whole lot of Not Shit happening in a sequential order to allow for harmonic convergence to happen, allowing people to go into the spirit world and spirits coming out.

Book 2 was literally one of Meelo's farts in the wind
It was a civil war plot that changed to shipping, to the story of the first Avatar, to save the world from Satan.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Gamagoori is like Mako. He had no clue which way Mako went. Maybe Korra's Mako and Gamogoori should start a support group for males that tried to sex up lesbian women.

At least Gamagoori could be excused for not knowing, Korra's Mako dated both of them lol

Blackhead

Redarse

Or the part where Satsuki joins the supposed date between Ryuko and Mako. KLK doesn't have the network restrictions that LoK yet LoK was less ambiguous with its ending

At least Gamagoori could be excused for not knowing, Korra's Mako dated both of them lol
Korra's Mako is potentially the trigger any way. What he's going to do when he finds out I have no idea. He'll probably just sleep under his desk.
Or the part where Satsuki joins the supposed date between Ryuko and Mako. KLK doesn't have the network restrictions that LoK yet LoK was less ambiguous with its ending
I actually wanted that part to be animated since at that point in time Satsuki stopped being the enemy and Mako actually respects Satsuki.
Satsuki's family anyway, why not hang out with your girlfriends sister?

Korra's Mako is potentially the trigger any way. What he's going to do when he finds out I have no idea. He'll probably just sleep under his desk.

At least Mako is at a place where he belongs. Under his desk. Although he might not even have that considering what happened to Republic City.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom