• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Preview Thread

TeamFlow

Neo Member
And that's why slight dips here and there are of no concern for me.

That's what people are telling you though. This is not an excuse for the Wii U but for YOU specifically. You want better performance for the game? Get the Switch version and lookout for the Switch version. You can call out the Wii U version all you like but fact still remains that there is a solution for your problems.

Buying a new console for a somewhat better performance (maybe) in the same game for a single game sounds like a good advice, thanks man.

It is not about some "slight dips here and there" it is about slight dips here and there, and heavy stuttering in other places. But I see, such info are not welcome here. I respect that and will take my leave.

There better be a logical lore-based explanation as to why Link poops blue explosive balls while flying or else I'm cancelling the game, the Switch, and MY LIFE

Can't load half the sites on the internet (thanks amazon i think) so no images but dan ryckert promises a "feature length" quicklook of zelda and austin walker will be going full feud on horizon vs zelda (be civil) on the friday waypoint radio (thanks to some mails he receved '-__-).

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/836650578860204034
https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/836635331139145732
Yep, AWS issues it seems. Dan said he has been playing 12-16 hours of Zelda per day, that is craaazy.

Jacce

Banned
There might be a lot of desperation buys if Switch supply remains sold out for more than its first few months.
That's exactly why they will limit the WiiU printing, the WiiU one is highly unlikely to be on store shelves ever again in a few months. This is going to follow the pattern of Twilight Princess on GCN vs Wii pretty closely since that ended up working very well. One initial shipment for the old/dead platform that you won't be on store shelves anymore after that initial shipment.

Plum

Can't load half the sites on the internet (thanks amazon i think) so no images but dan ryckert promises a "feature length" quicklook of zelda and austin walker will be going full feud on horizon vs zelda (be civil) on the friday waypoint radio (thanks to some mails he receved '-__-).

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/836650578860204034
https://twitter.com/austin_walker/status/836635331139145732

Imagine if someone posted that Horizon vs. Zelda rant in the review thread and didn't say where it came from. GAF would burn.

Guys relax lol, last week i got kind of worried with some concerns you showed and then the previews blew them all away. The game won't take a turn to the worst after that. Jason from kotaku already finished and posted on the "Best zelda" thread that his favorite was breath of the wild, he is putting the game on a high pedestal even after finishing the game. An Edge 10 is also nothing to scoff at and generally indicates the direction that other reviewers will go with their feelings and scores.

Like, i am a guy that has a lot of anxiety, but sometime you need to put things into perspective. The time to "panic" about the game's quality is already far behind us, friday already showed how great the game is and the spoilers that i saw basically confirms that it is a very great game.

like, relax, only few days to play the game

Plum

There better be a logical lore-based explanation as to why Link poops blue explosive balls while flying or else I'm cancelling the game, the Switch, and MY LIFE

They're the Hyrule equivalent of hospital food, it was how Link stayed well-fed during his 100 year coma.

a916

I get back from Uni that day literally half an hour after reviews start to hit.

For me, this GIF will never be more appropriate.

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

Nah, I fully expect reviews to be really high and everyone celebrating it.

I think the problem isn't the negativity in his statements. My problem with it is that hm implying that people positive about the game have rose tinted glasses with no review released yet. He could make his point without this shit. In my opininon all the fanboy hate he is getting is deserved because he sounded like a fanboy.
Yeah I agree it goes both ways tho...Zelda fans get into rage mode with every criticism. I remember I replied it's really not that appealing on a technical level and some immediate replies were "there's other things more impressive than IQ and I have a limited perspective" lol...Or "why bring it up?" As if I'm on a crusade to make the same comments in every Zelda thread. There are simply other posters saying the same thing perhaps...

You can't say anything bad about the game without having an agenda. It's kinda ridiculous. Just from watching hours and hours of gameplay I can easily see this not being for everyone. Discovering and climbing everything is like a breath of fresh air for me, but to some looking for a more streamlined experience with a focus on story could very well be underwhelmed with that voice acting. It also seems close to Souls-level hard (some might not like it) and I don't care what's the design decision, I want attachment to my weapons not collecting them and swapping out based on the enemies I fight.

Plenty of gripes I have with the game from what I've seen, and I don't think my gripes are far reaching at all, easily one of my most anticipated games despite all that and think it'll be pretty amazing honestly. Nothing is perfect, I tend to look at a game as a sum of it's parts, but Zelda is definitely a fan and critic darling (along with MGS) Some of the previous games didn't quite match the hype.

And yes MSG4 isn't that good!! There I said it Snake is an abomination of himself

Guys relax lol, last week i got kind of worried with some concerns you showed and then the previews blew them all away. The game won't take a turn to the worst after that. Jason from kotaku already finished and posted on the "Best zelda" thread that his favorite was breath of the wild, he is putting the game on a high pedestal even after finishing the game. An Edge 10 is also nothing to scoff at and generally indicates the direction that other reviewers will go with their feelings and scores.

Like, i am a guy that has a lot of anxiety, but sometime you need to put things into perspective. The time to "panic" about the game's quality is already far behind us, friday already showed how great the game is and the spoilers that i saw basically confirms that it is a very great game.

Words of wisdom! I'm still counting on 93-95 Meta.

takriel

Did you see story spoilers? What do you think about them in a non-spoilery way?

LotusHD

Banned

Basically this. The time for "concern" is over imo

I can't imagine putting that much time into a game willingly.

If a game is great, a game is great. I've put that much time into a game a few times, normally when I'm getting back into ff xiv and have nothing else to do. Don't think I've ever done something like that two days in succession though.

LotusHD

Banned

ASIS

Buying a new console for a somewhat better performance (maybe) in the same game for a single game sounds like a good advice, thanks man.

It is not about some "slight dips here and there" it is about slight dips here and there, and heavy stuttering in other places. But I see, such info are not welcome here. I respect that and will take my leave.

What? no I didn't say your comments are not welcome. I'm saying there IS a better version. You don't want it, we do. Why is it that you can't see that? Why can't you see that the performance on the Wii U has no bearing for Switch users?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
0-92 Metacritic = Garbage
93 = Crushing Disappointment
94 = Mild Disappointment
95 = Neat
96 = Aww yeah
97 = Nut
98 = Internal screaming
99 = Not going to happen

NSESN

One thing that I am glad about this thread is how little Horizon talk i have seen, I didn't expect this from Zelda fans, that is imo the most toxic Nintendo community. Sadly I can't say the same about other forums or threads.

ckaneo

One thing that I am glad about this thread is how little Horizon talk i have seen, I didn't expect this from Zelda fans, that is imo the most toxic Nintendo community. Sadly I can't say the same about other forums or threads.
That's because most of us have played neither

TheJoRu

0-92 Metacritic = Garbage
93 = Crushing Disappointment
94 = Mild Disappointment
95 = Neat
96 = Aww yeah
97 = Nut
98 = Internal screaming
99 = Not going to happen

You may have posted this jokingly, but this is extremely accurate to how I think things would turn out.

It's nowhere close to Metroid fandom tbh.

DNAbro

If the game doesn't have a 100 metacritic it is a complete failure and Nintendo should just go 3rd party already cause they don't have any good games

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
You may have posted this jokingly, but this is extremely accurate to how I think things would turn out.
It's no joke, this is probably how I'm going to feel when I wake up and look at the reviews on Thursday, lol.

It didn't stop people almost killing each other in other places outside this thread.

The reason for that is simply becasue the "feud" period is already over, one of the games already has released and both are being received quite well. The immature posters are all being banned too so that kind of kills these fights.

Did you see story spoilers? What do you think about them in a non-spoilery way?

I'm clearly biased towards this game, but the npc interaction, as little as i saw, are great.

Fireblend

Banned
Part of me hopes for a sub-90 MC just to see the reactions. I wouldn't be surprised if it's above but if it's below I know how I'll be spending my time on Thursday.

Top Bottom