• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
DieH@rd said:
PS: can someone translate to me that final 2 lines of speach, after the end credits? Thanks.

From memory, so the quotes might not be 120% accurate but:

Marin (Marlene? What did they call her in the English version?): 誰かのお墓なの? "Is this somebody's grave?"

Cloud: ああ、英雄が旅立った場所だ。 "Yeah. It's where a hero set off on his journey."

That shit be resonatin' with Zack's last line in CC and causin' MAN TEARS all over again.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
DieH@rd said:
I JUST SAW ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE, and its awesome! They added 30mins, and almost all of that time went to set the story right. There is no more crazy plotholes, everything is well put, you always knows what's going on, event that 2 turks are OK now. :lol

http://i44.tinypic.com/20uy41x.jpg[/ig]
[img]http://i44.tinypic.com/2dvijag.jpg[/im]
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/25s2wpx.jpg[/ig]
[img]http://i39.tinypic.com/2z4n3v9.jpg[/ig]

Also, final fight between Cloud and Sephiroth is hundred times more baddass now. Cloud got assraped even more. :D

As a fan of FF7, now i can freely give it 10/10. [its still a fanservice movie, but thats fine IMO]

PS: can someone translate to me that final 2 lines of speach, after the end credits? Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Those are some awesome shots of the movie.

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
Angelus Errare said:
From the screens above, I can see the difference between the new sections and the old stuff.

Big time. Everything that isn't new or wasn't re-rendered for some other reason (extra bloodstains, etc.) is very obviously upscaled from sub-1080p. It can be pretty jarring at times.

Whatever scaling algorithm they used works fairly well on edges, but high-detail areas like hair get schmeitzed. It's such a nice new edit... really fixes almost every glaring problem with the original, so I wish they had re-rendered the entire film.

darkwings said:
what is the general consensus on this demo? I havent kept up with the thread.

Its beautiful, fun and linear... Worth the price? If you are a huge fan, then yes... its not going to hit for a long time, so this is a very early sneak peak

jett

D-Member
Those shots are pretty awesome, Snow looks great. Crazy detail, you can see the veins in his chest and a slight 6 o'clock shadow on his mustache. :p

BTW, can you skip the cut-scenes in the demo? I'm asking because I started a new game of FFX and I'm just about to quit because these cut-scenes fucking SUCK and I can't skip them. :p

LiK

jett said:
Those shots are pretty awesome, Snow looks great. Crazy detail, you can see the veins in his chest and a slight 6 o'clock shadow on his mustache. :p

BTW, can you skip the cut-scenes in the demo? I'm asking because I started a new game of FFX and I'm just about to quit because these cut-scenes fucking SUCK and I can't skip them. :p

enjoy every pixel (again and again). :p

rataven

jett said:

Yes you can skip them. Pause, then select.

jett said:

yeah, you can skip all cutscenes...can't see why you would do this for ffxiii though...can't imagine playing such a game without any interest in the story...also, they really show off the engine in some of the ingame cutscenes...the explosions are particularly impressive...

Bah, FFX is great

Himuro said:
Pretty sure this won't be as hard as I-III or even IV or V.

IV was pretty damn easy in my opinion... only played a bit of V but it didn't seem hard...FFXII is the most challenging in my opinion...if you try and beat some of the harder stuff without leveling up too much...

N30RYU

DieH@rd said:
I JUST SAW ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE, and its awesome! They added 30mins, and almost all of that time went to set the story right. There is no more crazy plotholes, everything is well put, you always knows what's going on, event that 2 turks are OK now. :lol

20uy41x.jpg

2dvijag.jpg

25s2wpx.jpg

2z4n3v9.jpg

Also, final fight between Cloud and Sephiroth is hundred times more baddass now. Cloud got assraped even more. :D

As a fan of FF7, now i can freely give it 10/10. [its still a fanservice movie, but thats fine IMO]

PS: can someone translate to me that final 2 lines of speach, after the end credits? Thanks.

Can you capture the last image, the Buster Sword in the church please, I wanna use it as wallpaper.

LiK

nelsonroyale said:
IV was pretty damn easy in my opinion... only played a bit of V but it didn't seem hard...FFXII is the most challenging in my opinion...if you try and beat some of the harder stuff without leveling up too much...

FFXII definitely required a large amount of grinding...

brandonh83 said:
  • The classic FF victory fanfare isn't present in the demo, but will be in the final. Against

FOR, motherfucker, FOR

FOR

I liked how it was presented in XII, after boss battles, seemed an unobtrusive way to inject some nostalgia into a game that threw mainstay FF concepts out the window.

brandonh83 said:
  • The classic FF victory fanfare isn't present in the demo, but will be in the final. Against

FOR, motherfucker, FOR

FOR
Given how fast battles go, I'm not sure if I want to hear the fanfare every minute. I think they should do it like FFXII: where it played after every epic battle.

LiK

U K Narayan said:
Given how fast battles go, I'm not sure if I want to hear the fanfare every minute. I think they should do it like FFXII: where it played after every epic battle.

yea, i hope it's reserved for some epic boss battle or story-related encounter instead.

LiK

TheChillyAcademic said:
Eh, the fanfare isn't that good.

who knows, better than none. and the FFXIII version might blow me away. people are raving about the regular battle music in this thread already. ;)

LiK said:
who knows, better than none. and the FFXIII version might blow me away. people are raving about the regular battle music in this thread already. ;)

Which I don't understand either :lol

The battle music is good, certainly better then most of the battle music in FFXII, but it isn't anything spectacular.

LiK

TheChillyAcademic said:
Which I don't understand either :lol

The battle music is good, certainly better then most of the battle music in FFXII, but it isn't anything spectacular.

hush now, let's not talk crazy :p

Hobbun

Battle difficulty will be greatly increased. In fact, Toriyama expects XIII to be "the most difficult FF ever".

I already find the combat cumbersome with how fast it is. A bit leery on what will happen when the actual difficulty is ramped up, as well.

The demo only allows you to control one character, but the final will have a new system for managing other party members in battle.

So what's this "new system", they are talking about? I hope they don't mean something like gambits. I really wish there didn't need to be a system at all, just input commands to your party members. The problem is the combat is too quick, so I think that would be a problem, anyways.

The final will have command shortcuts.

Command shortcuts? I am guessing this is part of this 'new system' in controlling the other characters? Waiting for more information to give judgement, but not promising.

rataven

DieH@rd said:
Ooo, those pics are purty.
neojubei said:
I cannot wait to met the Cid in this game. I wonder if he will be a NPC or a major character.
Forgot about Cid! I wonder if they'll mix things up and make him a baddy. And for some reason, I can't wait to see the in-game menu screen, with stats and inventory and such.

neojubei

rataven said:
Ooo, those pics are purty.

Forgot about Cid! I wonder if they'll mix things up and make him a baddy. And for some reason, I can't wait to see the in-game menu screen, with stats and inventory and such.

Square did make him a baddie in FFXII. He was quite insane.

DieH@rd

Banned
N30RYU said:
Can you capture the last image, the Buster Sword in the church please, I wanna use it as wallpaper.

Here it is
2qu7mvo.jpg

BTW, for those who want to download the JAP dub version of AAC, eng title for that is up.

neojubei

rataven said:
The only one I haven't played through, I should probably do that! XII seems to divide the FF fanbase like crazy.

I loved it myself. There is no sappy love story, no epic battle to save the world, just a city and its more policital than most final fantasy games. The VA is the best EVER in the final fantasy series, it makes you feel like you are in a novel written by Shakespeare. The battle system is totally different from the turn based attacks, think of the battle system like an MMO but you can create a system of attack which is called the gambit system.

LiK

neojubei said:
Square did make him a baddie in FFXII. He was quite insane.

i didn't like that. Cid should stick with being your ally who gives you your airships just like the old days. i hope he's similar to the Cids in FFVII or FFX.

neojubei said:
I loved it myself. There is no sappy love story, no epic battle to save the world, just a city and its more policital than most final fantasy games. The VA is the best EVER in the final fantasy series, it makes you feel like you are in a novel written by Shakespeare. The battle system is totally different from the turn based attacks, think of the battle system like an MMO but you can create a system of attack which is called the gambit system.

i'm kinda glad FFXIII went back to turn-based.

neojubei

DieH@rd said:
Here it is
[ig]http://i43.tinypic.com/2qu7mvo.jpg[/img]

BTW, for those who want to download the JAP dub version of AAC, eng title for that is up.

SWEET!!! Thanks!!:D

LiK said:
i didn't like that. Cid should stick with being your ally who gives you your airships just like the old days. i hope he's similar to the Cids in FFVII or FFX.

You are too much of a traditionalist, you need to break out of the mold. Cid should be a cross dresser in FF13.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
DieH@rd said:
Here it is
2qu7mvo.jpg

holy crap :D after Crisis Core it's great to see square do something like this and not leave the buster sword hanging on that mountain :D

neojubei

chandoog said:
holy crap :D after Crisis Core it's great to see square do something like this and not leave the buster sword hanging on that mountain :D

I almost cried when i saw that, well not cried but smiled at least.

LiK

neojubei said:
You are too much of a traditionalist, you need to break out of the mold. Cid should be a cross dresser in FF13.

what's the point of calling him Cid if he ain't playing his traditional role? might as well make Chocobos fly then.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dark_chris said:
Which bookstore? I am in Chicago.

Mitsuwa. They have a nice selection there. Picked up Dengeki PlayStation and Famitsu PS3 last time I was there since they had FFXIII articles in them.

rataven

chandoog said:
That was a nice way to end the movie. Square realized after CC that everyone loves Zack, because he definitely had more importance and significance in ACC.

Teknoman

LiK said:

Thats because the regular battle music is awesome. Also an FF mainline game without the standard fanfare somewhere is just blasphemy.

I hope we get a normal overworld or even something Dragon Quest VIII quality (amazing overworld) and no map point to point junk. I want to fly the airship all over the world, not just pick a point on the map.

Hobbun

Teknoman said:
Thats because the regular battle music is awesome. Also an FF mainline game without the standard fanfare somewhere is just blasphemy.

I hope we get a normal overworld or even something Dragon Quest VIII quality (amazing overworld) and no map point to point junk. I want to fly the airship all over the world, not just pick a point on the map.

I agree. But I don't think there will be an overworld in FF XIII, unfortunately. Only in Versus.

LiK

Teknoman said:

i miss that exploration aspect of the FF games as well.

inner-G

Banned
Kagari said:
Mitsuwa. They have a nice selection there. Picked up Dengeki PlayStation and Famitsu PS3 last time I was there since they had FFXIII articles in them.
mitsuwa <3

I always get a katsu kare when I'm there.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
LiK said:
what's the point of calling him Cid if he ain't playing his traditional role? might as well make Chocobos fly then.

Cause that isnt what made Cid, well, Cid. It was always the airships. Plus its ambiguous if he truly is a villian

HK-47 said:
Cause that isnt what made Cid, well, Cid. It was always the airships. Plus its ambiguous if he truly is a villian

He may not have been a villain, in the purest sense, be he was certainly the most antagonistic Cid in the series so far.

kle89

Neo Member
my set just came in today. the demo's fucking crazy at 1080p!! Not to mention the versus trailer looked even better than the ones posted on the net. I wonder if the final version of the game will support 1080p as well.

Top Bottom