• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Long shot question but does anyone have or use an American Express card? What is the experience like?

On a similar note: what banks/credit union are y'all using? Not sure where to find good reviews on this topic. I'm considering getting a bank account based on mobile OS support. I think Scotiabank has the best iPhone app (touchID, applewatch, etc)? Is that worth an account just for daily stuff (not savings or investments)?

My friend got an AMEX for one of the rewards benefits and he was struggling to meet the minimum purchase amount since basically no one accepts AMEX here.

I love how the 30% off this year was basically bringing games back down to full price pre-CAD tanking.

Some games like Fallout 4 went on sale after the E3 promotion and that took a good chunk off. Fallout 4 dropped to $72 at one point and that brings the price down to less than $57 with tax.

Kraftwerk

Long shot question but does anyone have or use an American Express card? What is the experience like?

On a similar note: what banks/credit union are y'all using? Not sure where to find good reviews on this topic. I'm considering getting a bank account based on mobile OS support. I think Scotiabank has the best iPhone app (touchID, applewatch, etc)? Is that worth an account just for daily stuff (not savings or investments)?

My friend got an AMEX for one of the rewards benefits and he was struggling to meet the minimum purchase amount since basically no one accepts AMEX here.

Yeah, not many places here accept Amex. The only people I know who have Amex and it's useful to the, are business owners or basically rich folk who make a lot of big purchases on Amex.

t64pD5Z.jpg

source

Built myself a gaming PC...and Jesus fuck im on steam right now and Christ at some of these prices. Seriously, fuck this dollar.
Yeah I threw my hat into being exclusively in the PC gamer camp. Love it. Just buy bundles and during Steam sales. Don't own a console or handheld anymore. Sold my PS3 2 months ago and my Vita in Chile for a lot more than the $5 in Canadian Tire money I would have gotten if I sold it here.

Just buy Huniepop. You won't need any other games.
You could not be anymore asian.

People should post their steam profiles so I can add and berate you all day for being asian while you play dating sims.

Also, I have no Steam friends.
Or real life friends. My profile link is in quotes

Hi

Sober

You could not be anymore asian.

People should post their steam profiles so I can add and berate you all day for being asian while you play dating sims.

Also, I have no Steam friends.
Or real life friends. My profile link is in quotes

Hi
Jokes on you, I'm probably the biggest banana you'll ever meet.

Blackhead

Redarse

Yeah, not many places here accept Amex. The only people I know who have Amex and it's useful to the, are business owners or basically rich folk who make a lot of big purchases on Amex.

Thanks I won't bother with that then.

I picked TD Bank initially because they have the most convenient weekend apps (and the second best app) but I perhaps with Scotiabank's app I would rarely go to a branch... Does anybody recommend Scotiabank?

I switched to Steam only gaming and it's so much better than console gaming in every way. Especially since you can just play on your big tv with an xbox controller anyways. So you basically do the exact same thing but pay 90% less for games. I can't believe it took me so long to see it. The only thing I miss from my console days are Mario games. Mario Kart especially. But I can't justify buying a console for 2 or 3 games. I don't miss a single thing from Xbox or Playstation so no big deal there.

Divvy

I switched to Steam only gaming and it's so much better than console gaming in every way. Especially since you can just play on your big tv with an xbox controller anyways. So you basically do the exact same thing but pay 90% less for games. I can't believe it took me so long to see it. The only thing I miss from my console days are Mario games. Mario Kart especially. But I can't justify buying a console for 2 or 3 games. I don't miss a single thing from Xbox or Playstation so no big deal there.

Yeah, PC gaming is soooo much better. The initial cost is higher, but you're paying less over time because PC game sales are just better. Plus your collection is basically futureproof, and you can play it on any pc with an internet connection.

Anth0ny

holy shit Team Warm in full force this week.

I'm seeing Weeknd at ACC tonight then having patio beers. Might as well enjoy it while it lasts... wouldn't be surprised if it snowed next week or something -_-

Willectro

Banned

I have a competent PC and all the current consoles, and the above statement is 100% correct. I won't be buying all the consoles again unless there is a serious shift in the console market. By far, my best gaming experiences in the last 10 years have been on PC.

I'll probably still end up buying Nintendo's shit because the nostalgia is strong. Nothing against PS4, but Xbone pisses me off for one reason or another every time I boot it up.

Smh, I could have bought an Nvidia Titan instead of consoles...

Willectro

Banned
Anyone else have issues with UPS, Fedex, Purolator? Every damn time I get something shipped, its an absolute fucking nightmare to actually get the package in my hand. Every time there is a different process or location or reason they couldn't deliver the package. I'm starting to think if you are in a condo or apartment, the drivers just can't be bothered. The shame is that the rest of the delivery chain works effectively, it's just that last mile that is always the prick.

People are always quick to slam Canada Post, but at least they have retail locations all over and have reasonable transparent practices.

So sick of this fucking shit.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone else have issues with UPS, Fedex, Purolator? Every damn time I get something shipped, its an absolute fucking nightmare to actually get the package in my hand. Every time there is a different process or location or reason they couldn't deliver the package. I'm starting to think if you are in a condo or apartment, the drivers just can't be bothered. The shame is that the rest of the delivery chain works effectively, it's just that last mile that is always the prick.

People are always quick to slam Canada Post, but at least they have retail locations all over and have reasonable transparent practices.

Canada Post can be bad, but our driver has been really good for a while now with at least attempting delivery. Purolator is the worst (owned by Canada Post though.. ha ha..) when it comes to never attempting a delivery. They always claim 'no buzzer', but we have 20 people in our building and the name is like 4th down on the buzzer list. Thankfully, I'm 'only' 30 minutes from their pickup depot. I couldn't imagine having to drive out to Kipling to pick up a package. Nightmare.

Willectro

Banned
Canada Post can be bad, but our driver has been really good for a while now with at least attempting delivery. Purolator is the worst (owned by Canada Post though.. ha ha..) when it comes to never attempting a delivery. They always claim 'no buzzer', but we have 20 people in our building and the name is like 4th down on the buzzer list. Thankfully, I'm 'only' 30 minutes from their pickup depot. I couldn't imagine having to drive out to Kipling to pick up a package. Nightmare.

That's a good point with Canada Post, you may have a regular delivery person which can really help.

UPS kindly offered to have my package (shipping from Markham) available for pickup in Concord lol. I called a few times until I got someone who would change the delivery details. Shouldn't be this hard.

UPS has devolved from leaving a missed delivery slip to just trying the next day with no indication. Surely I can't be the only person not home to receive deliveries between 9-5. I get that it's challenging for them, but that's the business. They never seem to have a problem accepting money.

Divvy

I am literally dealing with this right now. Three packages stated to have been delivered by Fedex to my building today, and yet I only have two. It's going to be annoying having to deal with this tomorrow.

Lexxism

UPS has devolved from leaving a missed delivery slip to just trying the next day with no indication. Surely I can't be the only person not home to receive deliveries between 9-5. I get that it's challenging for them, but that's the business. They never seem to have a problem accepting money.
lol, yeah. I don't know why they kept on delivering packages during those times when it's likely there's no one at home. That's why I have no choice but to use their My Choice to set-up a pickup near my place. The only problem I have with this is the delivery being delayed one day after their estimated delivery before I use this service.

Willectro

Banned
lol, yeah. I don't know why they kept on delivering packages during those times when it's likely there's no one at home. That's why I have no choice but to use their My Choice to set-up a pickup near my place. The only problem I have with this is the delivery being delayed one day after their estimated delivery before I use this service.

Exactly. 3 day shipping (if you can wait all day at one location for a package).

He must have an ulterior motive. There's no other way.

Top Bottom