• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

So I just bought a unopened xbone controller from fellow Toronto GAFer for 40 bucks right now. He offered the controllers on the Canadian Deals thread so we decided to meet up at Bloor station. Saved myself a good chunk of money. Fuck yeah.

I told him about the meetup. He doesn't really come to these threads. Who knows, maybe he'll make an appearance.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
So I just bought a unopened xbone controller from fellow Toronto GAFer for 40 bucks right now. He offered the controllers on the Canadian Deals thread so we decided to meet up at Bloor station. Saved myself a good chunk of money. Fuck yeah.

I told him about the meetup. He doesn't really come to these threads. Who knows, maybe he'll make an appearance.

People in this thread probably make up about 20% of the total of Toronto-GAFers. It's tough to get noticed in other parts of the forum if I don't want to stoop to annoying levels. There's probably some feeling that an already established community might be tough to join as well, but I hope we don't come off that way.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's a design feature of many public transportation systems.
It's a perk!

...goddamn Fallout can't come soon enough...

...and I hope you didn't sit there...

I was hesitant but I did get the XBone controller for my PC and I prefer it over my old 360 one.
People in this thread probably make up about 20% of the total of Toronto-GAFers. It's tough to get noticed in other parts of the forum if I don't want to stoop to annoying levels. There's probably some feeling that an already established community might be tough to join as well, but I hope we don't come off that way.
They can still just start in the thread til they get comfortable and go from there. I'm still shocked krae is willing to come out here all this way all the time.

explodet

I got one for my PC too. That Xbone controller + wireless adaptor for 30 dollars deal was amazing.
The 360 dpad is an abomination.
I'll be getting my Xbone controller sometime today, I'm hoping it'll be an improvement. PC use as well, and I'm hoping it'll be compatible with Steam Link.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
The 360 dpad is an abomination.
I'll be getting my Xbone controller sometime today, I'm hoping it'll be an improvement. PC use as well, and I'm hoping it'll be compatible with Steam Link.

The dpad is an improvement, but it also loud as FUCK

CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK

-Deimos

I actually don't like the controller that much. It feels too light and kinda cheap plus I don't like how "bumpy" the bumpers are. The d pad sucks too compared to the ds4, overall I just like the ds4 way more.

I thought I was in the deals thread. Close enough.

Sober

I hate parking in the city proper.

The street I'm looking at says No Parking 9am-6pm, Mon-Fri. So I'm okay to park there for free after 6 tonight? There's no meter on that street.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Jeez. Wife and I nearly got hit stepping off the street car. It was a red light too and the guy just kept going and then went past the doors and stopped at the light 5 metres ahead. No fucks given.

ahdurian

Jeez. Wife and I nearly got hit stepping off the street car. It was a red light too and the guy just kept going and then went past the doors and stopped at the light 5 metres ahead. No fucks given.

that happened to me yesterday on my way to dialysis

then today when i was getting off the bus in my area, a car had the smart idea of cutting infront of the bus to make a right turn, and almost hit me and 2 other people

Renewed

Both ok? I've taken streetcars enough times to count on one hand and I hear about things like this but never actually see them. Don't ever want to, maybe if everyone was chill. Bah.

that happened to me yesterday on my way to dialysis

then today when i was getting off the bus in my area, a car had the smart idea of cutting infront of the bus to make a right turn, and almost hit me and 2 other people

I imagined something like that but thought it was too stupid for anyone to try. Damn...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Man, riding the 501 every day for years, it was such a common occurrence. Bicycles are a real danger too, especially because cars will stop, but then bicycles will come out of nowhere and try to drive right through the flood of people getting on and off. Glad I don't have to do that much anymore.

Driver probably knew you.

Kuro knows Rob Ford!?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Both ok? I've taken streetcars enough times to count on one hand and I hear about things like this but never actually see them. Don't ever want to, maybe if everyone was chill. Bah.

I imagined something like that but thought it was too stupid for anyone to try. Damn...
Yeah, we're fine.

I've seen it actually hit someone right in front of me once. The woman cried out and there was a screech and the car hit her. Ever since that time I always look; I never trust them to stop.

Got the letter today to turn in my red and white OHIP card and get the photo one.

I am going to seppuku myself I hate life.

It says I have to declare that I will be living in the province for 153 days of the year. I naively thought being a Canadian born passport holder meant you have coverage no matter what. So living abroad or studying abroad or backpacking for longer than 6 months in a year removes any eligability for OHIP which is kind of scary. I thought if I ever came down withn a serious illness I'd just fly back home and be covered but nope too easy I guess.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Got the letter today to turn in my red and white OHIP card and get the photo one.

I am going to seppuku myself I hate life.

It says I have to declare that I will be living in the province for 153 days of the year. I naively thought being a Canadian born passport holder meant you have coverage no matter what. So living abroad or studying abroad or backpacking for longer than 6 months in a year removes any eligability for OHIP which is kind of scary. I thought if I ever came down withn a serious illness I'd just fly back home and be covered but nope too easy I guess.
If you're not paying taxes here, which goes into the health fund, you shouldn't be taking out of it :p

If you're not paying taxes here, which goes into the health fund, you shouldn't be taking out of it :p
I do pay taxes? You could live and work here for 5 months, pay taxes and not be covered by OHIP. You have to live here 153 days which is just over 5 months.

A lot of people go backpacking or study abroad for a year. I wonder if they know when they come back that they lost their OHIP until they've reached the 153 day requirement again.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I do pay taxes? You could live and work here for 5 months, pay taxes and not be covered by OHIP. You have to live here 153 days which is just over 5 months.

A lot of people go backpacking or study abroad for a year. I wonder if they know when they come back that they lost their OHIP until they've reached the 153 day requirement again.
I've known about this since I was a kid because of family members who would spend no more than 6 months a year in Portugal so they wouldn't lose OHIP here.

I've known about this since I was a kid because of family members who would spend no more than 6 months a year in Portugal so they wouldn't lose OHIP here.
Seems like there are some exceptions for people working and studying abroad. I just checked. I work and have health benefits overseas so not too worried but it is no canadian health care that's for sure.

My GF is a doctor but she can't get me anything more than some meds, doctors notes when needed, and free prostate exams.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The plan was to crash Soultrons and leak fake stuff.
BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL 3 HD REMIX JADE'S REVENGEANCE DIRECTOR'S CUT
Edit:
Shamelessly stolen from Reddit
6VYIuYy.png

zroid

Banned
You know your city's roadways are f'ed when there is medium-heavy traffic on the region's biggest artery at 2 AM

Stet

Banned
It still doesn't make sense that the TTC closes entire lines for maintenance while they're open. It's not like they run 24/7 and have no other options. They're working underground. Pay overtime workers to do it overnight.

Fuzzy

It still doesn't make sense that the TTC closes entire lines for maintenance while they're open. It's not like they run 24/7 and have no other options. They're working underground. Pay overtime workers to do it overnight.
They are, it was going to take longer than just the regular downtime so they chose a weekend without a Leafs or Raptors game at home to shut it all down.

ahdurian

They are, it was going to take longer than just the regular downtime so they chose a weekend without a Leafs or Raptors game at home to shut it all down.

4 weekends worth of overnight maintenance for the full weekend
two weeks ago, this weekend, in two weekends from now, and two more weekends after that

If anyone around STC sees this girl please call 416-808-4300

https://twitter.com/TPSOperations/status/663224234873745408

friends of the family and they are worried sick

she was found about 30-40 minutes ago FYI

a lot of my friends were sharing this too since they know her

Fuzzy

4 weekends worth of overnight maintenance for the full weekend
two weeks ago, this weekend, in two weekends from now, and two more weekends after that
The biggest problem when it comes to maintenance of any sort is the startup time and the clean up time that is needed. Sure they may be shut down for all of that time but almost half of each of those shut downs is getting everything ready to do the work and then putting everything away and cleaning up once the work is done. If the TTC was able to shut things down for good until all the work was done it would take half the time.

ahdurian

The biggest problem when it comes to maintenance of any sort is the startup time and the clean up time that is needed. Sure they may be shut down for all of that time but almost half of each of those shut downs is getting everything ready to do the work and then putting everything away and cleaning up once the work is done. If the TTC was able to shut things down for good until all the work was done it would take half the time.

i think it's also that, but also that a lot of the time you'll see like groups of workers not doing anything except standing around or going for smokes, etc. (at least on the above ground maintenance)
one of the reasons why I never understood why our transit isn't even close to being on par with those in Europe or Asia. every subway needs maintenance, but going over there, never have any delays/closures for long periods of time, like the TTC does

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I saw my breath today...
YOU WIN THIS ROUND, #teamwinter !

I got Tuesday to next Tuesday off anyways, so I just need to get back home.

Stet

Banned
In other news, UberEats apparently just doesn't work anymore. I've been getting "ALL CARS BUSY" every time I try for about a week.

Top Bottom