• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Are there any pen nerds who have been to Laywine's or Take Note? I assume Laywine's is going to be immediately overpriced since it is in Yorkville, but heading out to Dundas West seems like a long way to go to browse some pens and notebooks.

Kraftwerk

I ran out of money after taking Harley out :(

D:<

Are there any pen nerds who have been to Laywine's or Take Note? I assume Laywine's is going to be immediately overpriced since it is in Yorkville, but heading out to Dundas West seems like a long way to go to browse some pens and notebooks.

I got a pen and fountain pen at Laywine's. They were incredibly helpful and talked to me for a while to find the right choice. Cant speak for anywhere else.

Crazy ass native guy tagging everything with a marker at Queen/Bathurst ha, what's new?

Always some crazy shit going down in that corner. Saw one of the women there fingering another one in broad daylight.

mr.rager

We just had a small earthquake here in Vancouver about an hour ago. There was no damage, but it lasted a few seconds and it got my heart racing.

I read about that. I remember earthquakes when I was a kid but don't remember exactly how it felt. It wasn't until 4 years ago that I felt an actual earthquake and thought to myself "so this is what an earthquake feels like" It wasn't that bad to be honest, but probably that's because all the ones I've experienced haven't been really strong at all.

Sober

I'm okay with the 9th (even the 8th). Weekend of the 30th is cool too I suppose since us retail bums can call dibs on one of those days off before getting scheduled.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I got a pen and fountain pen at Laywine's. They were incredibly helpful and talked to me for a while to find the right choice. Cant speak for anywhere else.
Both stores seem to hate the internet, but what are the price ranges like? I saw a yelp review where the guy complained about not getting any service despite buying a 500 dollar pen and I think that's definitely out of the market for me. lol
(I'm thinking of getting a Hobonichi because of that stupid thread lol)

Kraftwerk

Man, I'm very happy.

A couple contacted me saying they want me to make them a personal art piece of them with their own pictures.

I make nude, bdsm, religious and experimental art. Not sure if I've talked about it. Just started recently and have had a small fan base so far.

Not sure if I can post the link here without getting banned. Very NSFW stuff on my page.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I'm very happy.

A couple contacted me saying they want me to make them a personal art piece of them with their own pictures.

I make nude, bdsm, religious and experimental art. Not sure if I've talked about it. Just started recently and have had a small fan base so far.

Not sure if I can post the link here without getting banned. Very NSFW stuff on my page.
Put spoiler on link or just a big warning. We're all adults or cats here.

I plan to be drunk tomorrow and cell reception is always shit at midnight so Happy New Year you bastards and a here's to hoping for a warm future.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Gonna watch the Canada game with a few beverages with my buddy then gonna head up to Orillia for the New Year's.

So if anything Happy New Year's y'all and eat shit Kuro.

explodet

Any of you lovely people live/have lived down on Queens Quay area?

I'm possibly looking at that area to move into.
It's windy during the winter, and it gets pretty crowded during the day in the summer. If you're close to Union getting access to the rest of the city is pretty easy, and I think they switched the Spadina streetcar to run 24h recently which is nice.

Mhee123

Neo Member
I choose the 9th
due to my crippling loneliness
, but I'm fine with both.

Also, this is the best winter I've ever had. Go #TeamWinter

ahdurian

Honestly, how many of you go downtown for the celebrations? I went once years ago.

i went in like 2008 and that was it
nowadays i just either stay home or chill at a friend's house for drinks

this year i'm doing the former, and eating a beef patty while watching YT videos and playing my Vita

Happy New Year to me...and I guess all of you too, even if some of you are people who like that "warm" crap

Whenever I think about the new year and all the responsibilities that I will face. I get this feeling of dread that lingers for the rest of the night. This year's feels even worse now that I'm a post-secondary graduate.

I'm like literally lightheaded right now. I think I'll just sleep it off right now.

Never. Fuck all that nonsense. Stay at home or small gathering with close friends.
+1 either stay home or keep it tiny. Honestly I don't catch feelings on new years, I'm perfectly fine doing something small or doing nothing at all. But doing something big or outdoors is always a gatdamn hassle.

Whenever I think about the new year and all the responsibilities that I will face. I get this feeling of dread that lingers for the rest of the night. This year's feels even worse now that I'm a post-secondary graduate.

I'm like literally lightheaded right now. I think I'll just sleep it off right now.
I felt the same the year I finished university. It's the feeling of now I have to get a job and I'm going to have all these bills and eventually move out (if you haven't already) and so on and so forth. The list of things you gotta do builds up like crazy. Best way to get around the feeling is to focus on ONE of the things lingering on your mind and just say that's the only one I'm gonna worry about. Once I solve that I'll go to the next thing.

I couldn't get a job, ended up doing some shitty job, moved up in the (huge) company. There are lots of paths to get to where you want to go.

mr.rager

Honestly, how many of you go downtown for the celebrations? I went once years ago.

My friends and I use to do that before but now we usually go over someone's house and just have a party. This New years tho is the first time I'm away from home so I spent it drinking in a bar with random strangers haha. New Years here in Japan is crazyyyyyy. So many people.

As for the meet up, the 30th is best for me. Won't be back in town until the 13th.

Yeah, I'll be out of town until the middle of the month, but there's a chance I couldn't make the 30th, either. Probably just wait for the February meetup.

Happy New Year, TO-GAF.

Top Bottom