• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Magnus

Happy new year everyone!

Making a resolution to make it out to the Toronto-GAF meet ups this year! When's the next one planned for?

jokkir

For Monday apparently

iXSb4ec.jpg

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Did anyone end up seeing the Hateful Eight 70mm version with extra scenes at Varsity Cinema? I'm curious if there was an intermission for a bathroom break since the running time is so long.

Sober

Is the 9th good for anyone else?

I get a feeling the meetup will be on the 30th though.

(Unless we do 2 January meetups)

Not even the cold can stop generic Asians from lining up around the block at Uncle Tetsu. I counted 14 Canada Goose jackets in line. Yes, I stood there and pointed at them and counted as they all took selfies and posted status updates about them waiting in line for 40 minutes no doubt. I really do not get it.

I chose to eat at Subway today for the first time in I don't know maybe since high school. I'm a fucking dumbass OK and I don't know what I was thinking. Should have went to Hero Burger.

thabiz

Not even the cold can stop generic Asians from lining up around the block at Uncle Tetsu. I counted 14 Canada Goose jackets in line. Yes, I stood there and pointed at them and counted as they all took selfies and posted status updates about them waiting in line for 40 minutes no doubt. I really do not get it.

I chose to eat at Subway today for the first time in I don't know maybe since high school. I'm a fucking dumbass OK and I don't know what I was thinking. Should have went to Hero Burger.

I thought all the generic toronto asians moved on to moose knuckles?

Lexxism

This year will be the last of metropass. Toronto will start using PRESTO next year. I can't seem to find it but what's their rate per km? I wonder if it is much cheaper than metropass.

soultron

Banned
This year will be the last of metropass. Toronto will start using PRESTO next year. I can't seem to find it but what's their rate per km? I wonder if it is much cheaper than metropass.

I just learned about this. There's no period (see: Metropass-style monthly unlimited) pass option on Presto for the TTC.

I am ticked. Should I be ticked? I use the TTC 100s of times per month, so paying <$1.50 per ride is a good deal. Now I have to pay $2.80 per direction?

Am I a dummy? I feel like the Metropass going away is a bad thing. And fuck the TTC for towing bullshit PR slogans like, "PRESTO is a great option for consumers." It's the only option now aside from straight cash fare.

Anony

i think they are going to activate prestos as if they were metropasses
ie: pay the monthly rate/option, presto becomes a metropass

soultron

Banned
OK, crisis averted regarding Presto and Metropass.

http://www.blogto.com/city/2015/12/ttc_to_roll_out_collectible_metropass/

Seth McDermott's comment in the BlogTO article above: said:
It's "pay-per-ride" now (each ride costing the same as a token), but the plan, once all fare products are migrated over in 2017, is to have daily, weekly, and monthly caps on how much you can be charged. Basically, your first few rides will be like paying a token, but if you ride enough in a day to be charged as much as the current cost of a day pass, the system will stop charging. And it will work the same way for a week (=week pass) and a month (=Metropass). These mechanisms were part of the Presto adoption plan put forth in the December 16th board meeting.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
BURGER TIME BITCHES!

I visited W Burger Bar at Yonge and College today.

Their burger selection was pretty diverse. Beef, bison, lamb, salmon and a few more I can't remember right now. I ended up having the bison. To go with the burger choice you then pick your toppings and condiments.

The burger itself was cooked very well, only slight downside to it was it tasted a bit dry but whenever my bun doesn't get soaked in grease and get soggy I am happy.

For the drunkards they seem to have pretty good drink deals as well, I had a pint and a half of beer (not Coors Light they didn't have any) for about 8 bucks. They also did shots for about 3 or 4 dollars I believe and had shooters for $2.50.

I give it a rating of 4 Coors Lights out of 5, would drink again.

Eleuin

I also had a burger today, the big chuck. Didn't even realise that it was a play on the big mac until I started eating it lol

One day I'll just starve myself and then attempt the go chuck yourself challenge

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I also had a burger today, the big chuck. Didn't even realise that it was a play on the big mac until I started eating it lol

One day I'll just starve myself and then attempt the go chuck yourself challenge
I don't think the burger would be the problem; the real problem is the shake.

Holy Chuck is so good though...!

Top Bottom