• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kraftwerk

A friend of mine has to go out to different sites to give presentations and attend events sometimes multiple times a day. She is able to do it with a taxi.

If this position only requires going to something like that once in a while then you could just (pre-)arrange for a taxi or uber. If the company covers the transit costs regardless they may just prefer whatever works out to be cheaper - day rental or taxi.

Cant really do that. Since I would have to drive e the company suv, it has the gear and whatnot for the presentations.

And thanks yall. I'll keep you updated.

If I don't get it, I'll blame Kuro.

Anth0ny

They did! I had a few tabs open, and my phone, was there right at 12, and no dice.

Super upset about it, it honestly felt like a glitch - I got screwed on Bryson Tiller tickets aswell. I really wanted to see Dave, I mean, 5 fxcking dates and I could get ONE pair!

Edit: They even said no physical tickets, and you have to be with the credit card holder, to eliminate scalpers. STILL couldn't get any tickets.

Yup.

I was hoping to see him this time but no luck. Bloody hell.

It's fucked. Dude could sell out the ACC, what's he doing at Danforth Music Hall? ughhhh

NOOOOOOOOO

As if the Jays downfall wasn't already accepted, this solidifies it.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
It's fucked. Dude could sell out the ACC, what's he doing at Danforth Music Hall? ughhhh

NOOOOOOOOO

As if the Jays downfall wasn't already accepted, this solidifies it.
I'm surprised he's even back. Wasn't he really pissed off about something last time he was here?

Quick

Banned
Howdy all,

I've been here since August and I missed this thread. From the little I've experienced this is an awesome city. I've been bouncing from temp job to temp job to pay the bills. They're mostly short term and pretty crappy money wise but some are better than others. Although The one I just started in is particularly bad.

The people and the city itself make up for it though. Like, a lot of people bitch about the TTC but it is lightyears ahead of what we have at home! It's already too damn cold for me right now but I had a blast over the Summer.

Anyway I'd like to come to the next meet up whenever that is and meet some folks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I'm always amazed at how we just miss out on those giant blizzards happening in the states.

Thank you based smelly Lake Ontario.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Howdy all,

I've been here since August and I missed this thread. From the little I've experienced this is an awesome city. I've been bouncing from temp job to temp job to pay the bills. They're mostly short term and pretty crappy money wise but some are better than others. Although The one I just started in is particularly bad.

The people and the city itself make up for it though. Like, a lot of people bitch about the TTC but it is lightyears ahead of what we have at home! It's already too damn cold for me right now but I had a blast over the Summer.

Anyway I'd like to come to the next meet up whenever that is and meet some folks.
Welcome! Yes, come to the next meet up.

...favourite burger place? Winter or summer? TORONTO SPORTS! :D or TORONTO SPORTS... :'( ?
Coors Lite or other?

I'm always amazed at how we just miss out on those giant blizzards happening in the states.

I'm not even sure what team you're on anymore.

yyzjohn

Banned

Might also have to do with:

KbWKiDu.gif

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Toronto...

The one place you can become a weather man without an education because no matter what, your prediction will be wrong anyways

Howdy all,

Where ya from?

dluu13

Howdy all,

Cool, meetups are usually announced in this thread first, so you can keep an eye on it.

Welcome to Toronto

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Howdy all,

Welcome! Where's home?

Welcome! Yes, come to the next meet up.

Are we actually going to do a meetup a month? February is not that far away.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Kuro, I hope you're getting paid royalties.
If they found my template useful, then I'm glad I made something good enough to be copied.
In that case EM needs to update the OP with all our recent meetups.

also I just realized no group pic last meetup.
I'm pretty sure someone took a pic. If not, I blame....hmmm...Mupod, why not? GODDAMN YOU, MU!
Are we actually going to do a meetup a month? February is not that far away.
Well, the unofficial resolution is to have one a month. I should be game for most if not all of them. It would be nice to have some new blood make the OP for it though *hint* *hint* If planning is a problem, just default to Victory "Jesus Canadian Tire Money Waiter" Cafe. Simple as calling and reserving for 20 peeps in a room with a goddamn TV. We also have Wheat Sheaf but that's far from KFC and I think most locations near the subway should be good for people (if I have to suffer with the TTC, you all should).

We WOULD have had some carry over meet up money but SOMEONE wanted an extra bottle of soju even though SOMEONE had extraneous amounts of alcohol at home.
I'm kidding. I still love ya, EM!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
In that case EM needs to update the OP with all our recent meetups.

also I just realized no group pic last meetup.
I didn't come so there was no reason to take one.

Also, lol @ the new Scarborough subway plan.

Thanks for the welcomes! For those asking, I'm from Ireland. I nabbed one of those 2 year working visas that are all the rage back home for anyone in their 20's. Every interview I've had or meeting with a recruiter starts with "there seems to be a lot of you guys over here huh?

...favourite burger place? Winter or summer? TORONTO SPORTS! :D or TORONTO SPORTS... :'( ?
Coors Lite or other?

I've actually embarked on a journey with a friend to find the best burger place. Try somewhere new each month. So far the one we got in a Firkins on Danforth was the best in terms of value, quantity and quality :) I'm also partial to the priest but I feel so guilty after one. Sooo greasy.

Hard to pick a season. In the past 6 months I've been both hotter and colder than I've ever been in my life. I drink most anything besides coors light and a few others. It was my go to for years but it's too sweet for me now.

dluu13

Thanks for the welcomes! For those asking, I'm from Ireland. I nabbed one of those 2 year working visas that are all the rage back home for anyone in their 20's. Every interview I've had or meeting with a recruiter starts with "there seems to be a lot of you guys over here huh?

I've actually embarked on a journey with a friend to find the best burger place. Try somewhere new each month. So far the one we got in a Firkins on Danforth was the best in terms of value, quantity and quality :) I'm also partial to the priest but I feel so guilty after one. Sooo greasy.

Hard to pick a season. In the past 6 months I've been both hotter and colder than I've ever been in my life. I drink most anything besides coors light and a few others. It was my go to for years but it's too sweet for me now.

And it's not even as cold as usual here. How long are you able to stay for under your visa?

bullshit. I got flagged for driving too slow when Yonge was still a 80km/h and I drove 75.

I took my driving test in a city called Richmond in BC during rush hour. I spent a lot of time stuck in traffic :D

Kraftwerk

My friend was looking at homes for his family, and he said he is 100% moving out of Toronto. Since instead of something attached or a condo, he can buy a fully detached place with a nice piece of land for less. Honestly so worth it, even if you have to drive for an hour to work. At least you arent crammed between a dozen people. Just having a nice piece of land to do shit on.

I am definitely doing the same thing. Missisauga also seems not be not an option anymore, since someone I know just got something there for 540,000. And its attached and has a tiny yard.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I find it quite humorous that David miller's Transit City is coming back one piece at a time

Scarborough-Malvern LRT is back... RIP Scarborough stubway

dluu13

Well, the unofficial resolution is to have one a month. I should be game for most if not all of them. It would be nice to have some new blood make the OP for it though *hint* *hint* If planning is a problem, just default to Victory "Jesus Canadian Tire Money Waiter" Cafe. Simple as calling and reserving for 20 peeps in a room with a goddamn TV. We also have Wheat Sheaf but that's far from KFC and I think most locations near the subway should be good for people (if I have to suffer with the TTC, you all should).

I could make the thread and reservations, but I can't be awesome like krae and have a bunch of prizes ;p

When do you guys want to have one anyway?

Zips

Cant really do that. Since I would have to drive e the company suv, it has the gear and whatnot for the presentations.

And thanks yall. I'll keep you updated.

If I don't get it, I'll blame Kuro.

Using a rental or company car is normal and preferred. My friend just has a special exception. She needs to bring lots of equipment and supplies with her too.

If they like you enough they could figure out a way, while likely trying to get you to get your license asap.

Azih

I find it quite humorous that David miller's Transit City is coming back one piece at a time

Scarborough-Malvern LRT is back... RIP Scarborough stubway

What do you know years of study by transit experts really is better than random lines drawn on a napkin during an election campaign. Miller should have sucked it up and run for one more term and these damn things would have been built already. Fuck your personal life and career Miller. You should have taken one for the team!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I could make the thread and reservations, but I can't be awesome like krae and have a bunch of prizes ;p

When do you guys want to have one anyway?
I think one of those dates that person is visiting would be good. Obviously not near Valentine's Day so I would assume it's one of the Friday's after that, so my guess is 19 or 26? Possibly 19th?

Don't worry about prizes. That's just krae being awesome.

dluu13

I think one of those dates that person is visiting would be good. Obviously not near Valentine's Day so I would assume it's one of the Friday's after that, so my guess is 19 or 26? Possibly 19th?

Don't worry about prizes. That's just krae being awesome.

He's actually coming in March. I'd be fine with the 19th.

Samyy

My friend was looking at homes for his family, and he said he is 100% moving out of Toronto. Since instead of something attached or a condo, he can buy a fully detached place with a nice piece of land for less. Honestly so worth it, even if you have to drive for an hour to work. At least you arent crammed between a dozen people. Just having a nice piece of land to do shit on.

I am definitely doing the same thing. Missisauga also seems not be not an option anymore, since someone I know just got something there for 540,000. And its attached and has a tiny yard.

Mississauga is really expensive, my parent's house value went up by $250,000 in the last 8 years

Azih

Depending on your budget of course you can get that anywhere. But Mississauga and Oakville are very expensive. So is Milton now actually. You can find some deals in Brampton. I know a lot of people are heading East to Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, even Oshawa.

I'm in Mississauga now and I'll let you know that land is god damn overrated. Snow to shovel in winter and grass to mow in summer sucks. More things that break down and need to be repaired/replaced. 75 - 90 minute commute on expensive GO trains.

Speaking of shitty beer, I've been wearing a red Budweiser/NFL toque that my dad got in case and gave to me. I feel like people think I have bad taste when they see me wearing it but I don't care because it's so warm. Looks like this.

HOLY POOP I WEAR THE SAME TOQUE

Top Bottom