• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Mupod

My weekend was just a blur of wolves hunt in packs, tis weak to fire Arisen WALKING BONES. And then it was over. I really really need to take some time off as I haven't had a real vacation since...uh...well, since I was unemployed before moving to Toronto. I transitioned straight from my shitty last job into this one. I have some days saved up for XCOM 2 and SF5's releases next month at least.

Roommate has been looking at houses as they keep jacking up our rent and getting on our asses about parking spots (they won't give us another one so I'm stuck in visitor parking, which they have lots of). May end up in Brampton, the place he found looks awesome. Honestly I just want to be able to barbecue again, fuck apartments. Would make getting to meetups a little tougher I guess.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
My weekend was just a blur of wolves hunt in packs, tis weak to fire Arisen WALKING BONES. And then it was over. I really really need to take some time off as I haven't had a real vacation since...uh...well, since I was unemployed before moving to Toronto. I transitioned straight from my shitty last job into this one. I have some days saved up for XCOM 2 and SF5's releases next month at least.

Roommate has been looking at houses as they keep jacking up our rent and getting on our asses about parking spots (they won't give us another one so I'm stuck in visitor parking, which they have lots of). May end up in Brampton, the place he found looks awesome. Honestly I just want to be able to barbecue again, fuck apartments. Would make getting to meetups a little tougher I guess.
Goddamn are you on friend's list and have I seen your pawn?

Mupod

Goddamn are you on friend's list and have I seen your pawn?

I only have one person on my steam list playing the game surprisingly. Feel free to add me though (id is just mupod but I go by Mu as my actual name).

I think the pawn stuff is actually broken on PC at the moment. We were trying to send stuff back and forth to one another and weren't getting anything. You can still summon them, just the person on the other end doesn't get any of the fun rewards. All the hoes I sent back with people's pawns, lost to the ether...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I only have one person on my steam list playing the game surprisingly. Feel free to add me though (id is just mupod but I go by Mu as my actual name).

I think the pawn stuff is actually broken on PC at the moment. We were trying to send stuff back and forth to one another and weren't getting anything. You can still summon them, just the person on the other end doesn't get any of the fun rewards. All the hoes I sent back with people's pawns, lost to the ether...
Least you found the other person. I see a bunch of my friends playing it and I only have two pawns on my list. I wasn't sure if there was something else I had to do.

Though it's likely I'm way too high level to use them (38?)

@krae_man. If you fit most of the other stuff they're looking for, I'd say still apply for it. For recruiters, a lot of it is definitely a nice to have not a MUST have.

Quadratic

Which ILM studio is your friend at ? San Fran, Vancouver, London or Singapore ? Just curious because I worked at the Vancouver studio for a few years :) I graduated from Vancouver Film School and have heard only good things about Sheridan amongst the professional artists I interact with. Very cool that Toronto has a prominent art institute but I guess now it's now a university. Similar to Emily Carr University here in Vancouver, eh ?

She works at the San Fran studio.

I ran in some art circles back in the day. One of my closest friends went to UVic for her BFA. But that was well over a decade ago. I'm now dating myself here.

Punished Canadian Dollar
A fallen Loonie
yes I get paid! Woo.

Actually 1.39 X 0.7 X 0 is still 0
same

really annoyed at my work at the moment. they're changing a lot of the procedures and our workload is increasing to meet with the regulations that are being put on the bank.so what normally could take us a week, we have to get done in a day or so, otherwise it gets escalated to our department's director and/or vp.
coming back from a 2 day sick leave+ weekend, I knew that my coworkers weren't going to cover any of my work since they're jackasses when it comes to that. If they're away, i always at least try to make time to help out with their backlog. whenever I'm away though, they complain they're "too busy" to even try.
on top that of that, we got a new employee on Monday, and my managers asked me to train her.

didn't touch any of my work actual work at all during the actual work day. had to stay +2 hrs overtime everyday to just catch up on the stuff i had. didn't touch any of the new work they gave me from Wednesday on
which bank? I think with all the regulars here we actually have all 5 covered, lol.

ahdurian

Had something similar happen to me on Friday. Someone on my team transferred a ticket to another team without checking anything. Person on other team calls me because I actually know stuff and I tell him it shouldn't have gone to him so he should send it back to us. Tell my coworker exactly what to do and if he can fix it and he tells me to take care of it cause he's busy. I stand firm and tell him he's gotta learn from this and all he says is thanks for telling him but that I've already taken it and that I should finish it for him (wtf?). I assign it directly to him and tell the boss.

I need a change from this place...

that sounds exactly like one of the new employees we got in October. We would tell her exactly where to find a template she needs in our department's records, and would say "just sent this out to the upper management and ask them to provide any comments for it". then she just looks at us with this blank expression and is like "oh you can do it since you know where it is".
like wtf woman, just told you EXACTLY what to do and say, and you are asking us to do it for you? yeah right
apparently on one of the days I was away too, she asked one of my colleagues to photocopy something for her because she "didn't have time". yet, she does <10% of the work the rest of our group does. she's just too busy talking on her cellphone all the time

which bank? I think with all the regulars here we actually have all 5 covered, lol.
Scotiabank

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
that sounds exactly like one of the new employees we got in October. We would tell her exactly where to find a template she needs in our department's records, and would say "just sent this out to the upper management and ask them to provide any comments for it". then she just looks at us with this blank expression and is like "oh you can do it since you know where it is".
like wtf woman, just told you EXACTLY what to do and say, and you are asking us to do it for you? yeah right
apparently on one of the days I was away too, she asked one of my colleagues to photocopy something for her because she "didn't have time". yet, she does <10% of the work the rest of our group does. she's just too busy talking on her cellphone all the time

Scotiabank
Getting the old blood pressure up. Asked to write stuff down. Nope, he learns better by doing it. Ok. Fine. Doesn't do it. Why? Doesn't know how.

Fuck.

jokkir

Come on, TTC. I buy a Presto Card and then wanted to use it at the station... but turns out the machines aren't even on.

Also, bus roll out can't come soon enough. I hope they have it on really active routes like Finch East so I can use it earlier

fb0.jpg

Don't be stupid.

ahdurian

Getting the old blood pressure up. Asked to write stuff down. Nope, he learns better by doing it. Ok. Fine. Doesn't do it. Why? Doesn't know how.

Fuck.

legit

i think the desk beside me at my workplace is cursed.
since i started there 5 years ago, i've sat beside:

-a new lawyer who, until she was the only one left out of five we had at one point, would be online shopping for 75% of the day, and complain she's too busy
-an officer (our job title) who spent 80% of his day on Reddit, and creating/sending memes to the summer co-ops who also spent their day on Reddit, and did maybe 15% of the work the rest of us do
-this woman who can't even make phonecalls/send e-mails herself

legit

i think the desk beside me at my workplace is cursed.
since i started there 5 years ago, i've sat beside:

-a new lawyer who, until she was the only one left out of five we had at one point, would be online shopping for 75% of the day, and complain she's too busy
-an officer (our job title) who spent 80% of his day on Reddit, and creating/sending memes to the summer co-ops who also spent their day on Reddit, and did maybe 15% of the work the rest of us do
-this woman who can't even make phonecalls/send e-mails herself

Do you work for the government?

It's really hard to get excited about the NBA because it just seems like you have all these times playing for the right to lose to Golden State in the NBA finals.

I enjoy the Raptors but at the end of the day everyone is playing for the ultimate loss.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Now now. No need to scare away guests.

She's right. Check the weather. Check our standings.

The Shanaplan's first step is tankaku so we suck on purpose.

Much better than whatever it is the Canucks are doing now - step one. Hire old players into exec positions. Step two - trade your number 1 goalies because reasons. Step three - ???. Step four - DESTINYYYYYYY!

It's really hard to get excited about the NBA because it just seems like you have all these times playing for the right to lose to Golden State in the NBA finals.

I enjoy the Raptors but at the end of the day everyone is playing for the ultimate loss.

I'm kinda hoping for GS to choke :D

Even though it's pretty easy to guess which teams are going to be in the finals 2 months into the season, I still enjoy watching basketball more than hockey these days. Don't think I've watched hockey since I moved here lol.

zroid

Banned

Much better than whatever it is the Canucks are doing now - step one. Hire old players into exec positions. Step two - trade your number 1 goalies because reasons. Step three - ???. Step four - DESTINYYYYYYY!

Step Three is give Milan Lucic a long term deal this offseason

yyzjohn

Banned

The Shanaplan can't be faulted yet. After this June's draft picks, and seeing some of the minor league guys coming up can we say for sure whether the Leafs are on the right track. Hopefully Nylander, Marner can become the players Leafs fans are hoping, and other supporting players like Brown, Leipsic, Percy, Gauthier can turn into real NHL players.

Anth0ny

It's really hard to get excited about the Raptors because it just seems like they're going to lose in the first round no matter what.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Haha, looking at it like 'if the Raptors make it to the finals, they'll be stomped by Golden State / San Antonio' is way too short sighted. Making it to the finals would be a huge accomplishment for the franchise, even if they lose.

The city nearly lost their minds with the Blue Jays barely making it by Texas then getting stomped by the Royals. Raptors making it TO the finals would be crazy.

eh i recognize that name...I think one of my old church friends works there.

*checks site*

oh yeah, he's in the banner image there lol
i probably would apply but Quick i have no experience in any of that

I don't have experience in any of the open positions.

Can you give me a job anyway?

Damn it guys, I don't have connections that are that powerful.

yyzjohn

Banned
This is the worst metro in a city of millions that I've ever seen. Even Mumbai has a better metro system and it kills 3500 people a year on it.

For being the centre of the universe we sure suck ass at almost everything. Except Asian food.

Yeah it sucks pretty bad. When you consider that the basic North/South - East/West lines were in place in like the 60s, wtf were they doing for over 40 years? They should have been expanding the subway decades ago.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah it sucks pretty bad. When you consider that the basic North/South - East/West lines were in place in like the 60s, wtf were they doing for over 40 years? They should have been expanding the subway decades ago.

They were starting with the Eglinton and Sheppard lines but then Harris killed the Eglinton line (which was already started) for reasons. So now we've had that dinky Sheppard line that goes nowhere ever since. This was in the 90s though. But really, you're right. The subway should have been expanded years and years ago. It's crazy for a city this size to only have basic north/south and east/west lines.

yyzjohn

Banned
They were starting with the Eglinton and Sheppard lines but then Harris killed the Eglinton line (which was already started) for reasons. So now we've had that dinky Sheppard line that goes nowhere ever since. This was in the 90s though. But really, you're right. The subway should have been expanded years and years ago. It's crazy for a city this size to only have basic north/south and east/west lines.

Oh yeah, the 90s was already late.. I mean they should have started in like 1975 and keep going.

Top Bottom