• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
How do they have such long lines? What is taking them so long to scoop your ice cream?

Yep, the staff is incredibly slow. Sure, the customers can be indecisive, often have kids, etc.. but it seems like there's no desire for any sort of efficiency to keep it all moving smoothly.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, the staff is incredibly slow. Sure, the customers can be indecisive, often have kids, etc.. but it seems like there's no desire for any sort of efficiency to keep it all moving smoothly.
Too bad there isn't a more adult ice cream place with alcoholic ice cream flavours. Kahlua Mint Chocolate. Raisin Rum (with real goddamn rum). Coors Rocky Road?

ahdurian

I have it enabled but I didn't see the overlay when I was playing last night. Was it because I wasn't in a group? Sorry for all the questions.
You were in a voice chat? It should work
Maybe trying enabling and then toggling it. That's what I had to do the first time. Also make sure if you're using PTT, you have the game VC and Discord VC on different buttons.

dluu13

I feel like by buying one more oven, Uncle Tetsu's can almost eliminate their line up. But if they did that it would no longer feel exclusive and people wouldn't go there anymore. Too bad lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like by buying one more oven, Uncle Tetsu's can almost eliminate their line up. But if they did that it would no longer feel exclusive and people wouldn't go there anymore. Too bad lol
There are three places within walking distance now. The green tea place, the new maid cafe, and the original place.

The green tea place sells the green tea variety, so if you don't care, you my as well get that. Plus, the drinks there are pretty good too.

The maid cafe didn't have a line up for seating or for walk up orders when I was there Saturday afternoon and they have more variety. That angel chocolate cheesecake is so fuckin good...!

The original place you may not even have to line up if you want the angel hat instead of the regular cheesecake.

dluu13

There are three places within walking distance now. The green tea place, the new maid cafe, and the original place.

The green tea place sells the green tea variety, so if you don't care, you my as well get that. Plus, the drinks there are pretty good too.

The maid cafe didn't have a line up for seating or for walk up orders when I was there Saturday afternoon and they have more variety. That angel chocolate cheesecake is so fuckin good...!

The original place you may not even have to line up if you want the angel hat instead of the regular cheesecake.

I've at least tried the regular cheesecake. That being said, I'm not to big on desserts. What's the atmosphere of the maid cafe like?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I've at least tried the regular cheesecake. That being said, I'm not to big on desserts. What's the atmosphere of the maid cafe like?
Loud J-pop blasting. Open space with lots of tables. Friendly Japanese girls in maid outfits with cellphones (tablets...? I forgot) taking your order. There is a nice couch area there for 6 people. There's also a stage with MAID CAFE and cameras up there for you to get a picture with the maids if you so wish. Crowd has some weeaboos in there, but there were actually quite a lot of girls so it wasn't completely filled with creepers, pervs, and white knights with fedoras.

Wife and I got the dessert platter song with the iced matcha tea. I didn't like the yuzu flavour in the desserts but everything else was fantastic with the chocolate cheesecake the standout (I bought some to take home too). The matcha is the perfect drink for that place since it provides you with a nice cook bitterness to balance out the sweetness of the desserts. It's one of the rare times I can say the drink actually enhanced everything despite being to many places that "paired" wine with your food.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I need someone to go try the ice cream at Junked Food Co. at Dundas and Dovercourt and report back.

https://junkedfoodco.com/

6PmwcLA.jpg

Sober

Awesome shot. Was this from inside a car, or did you dangle yourself outside of car on the DVP? :p
Yeah I was about to say, I know exactly where that is but how in the world did you make that magic happen?

fuckin sorcery here, we got us a goddamn warlock

ahdurian

not sure if i can make it =/

also, i love and hate soloqing in Overwatch
i'm Zenyatta and getting Gold for most damage done and elimins

PS: who is going to the Sony E3 event again? did we plan something for that?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
not sure if i can make it =/

also, i love and hate soloqing in Overwatch
i'm Zenyatta and getting Gold for most damage done and elimins

PS: who is going to the Sony E3 event again? did we plan something for that?
Did you post your bnet info?

Could use a not bad player...

jokkir

Yeah I was about to say, I know exactly where that is but how in the world did you make that magic happen?

fuckin sorcery here, we got us a goddamn warlock

Haha I was just a passenger in a car shooting out.

Here's a animated gif that was made as well from my shots

Anyway, two other shots. Been wanting to take this type of shot in a while.

DSC04744-01 by Carl Sim, on Flickr

DSC04751-01 by Carl Sim, on Flickr

ahdurian

if any of you bros have Overwatch and are gonna be playing tonight, hit me up
maybe we can get a Toronto-GAF Squad going on
ahdurian#1369

Quick

Banned
No Overwatch since I'm still waiting on that cheque... over a week late. Apparently direct deposit is hard pff

My company just started using direct deposit for everyone in the company (used to only be for just the higher ups), and the finance and HR departments have been giving themselves huge pats on the back for "such a huge accomplishment" while the rest of us are basically rolling our eyes and saying that probably almost every other company has had direct deposit for over 10 years now.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Any of you do any preorders for E3 Amazon yet...?

I looks through the entire list and I only really see Monster Hunter Generations...

The other stuff I already preordered awhile back.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
My company just started using direct deposit for everyone in the company (used to only be for just the higher ups), and the finance and HR departments have been giving themselves huge pats on the back for "such a huge accomplishment" while the rest of us are basically rolling our eyes and saying that probably almost every other company has had direct deposit for over 10 years now.
My summer job 20 years ago had it.

Any of you do any preorders for E3 Amazon yet...?

I looks through the entire list and I only really see Monster Hunter Generations...

The other stuff I already preordered awhile back.
No because everything hasn't been announced yet.

ahdurian

i'm gonna start preordering once E3 actually begins
only things I had preordered so far that aren't out yet are World of Final Fantasy (Ps4 and Vita, from last years E3) and the new Pokemon games anyways

Top Bottom