• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

jokkir

really tempted

I passed on round 2 of the Zelda Symphony so would love to go to this one

I'm really tempted too. The problem I have is that I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the Pokemon music too much compared to Zelda which has a more epic feel to it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Pokemon Symphony in Toronto August 28, 2015. Which one of you guys are going?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1017934

Maybe, depends how much tickets are. The Zelda Symphony is very good, although the crowd can be a little cringe worthy at times, but they do say 'go ahead and cheer while they're playing'. Pokemon has really great music too, which might shock some people not really into the franchise. I'd wager I'll be going, but not definite.

I'm really tempted too. The problem I have is that I'm not sure if I'll enjoy the Pokemon music too much compared to Zelda which has a more epic feel to it.

I think Zelda lends itself to the experience more, especially the later games, with its music. But they have plenty to work with for Pokemon. I wouldn't say Zelda is any more 'epic' though, Pokemon has a lot of great battle themes to borrow from in that department. The one thing I don't care for in the Zelda show is how long they spend on the 'creation of the world' from Ocarina of Time. It's not that enjoyable of a piece to spend so long on. I think they do an overall good job of choosing songs though and I'm sure Pokemon will be the same. If anything, they'll have more music to choose from.

N's Castle

Victory Road

Kanto Champion Battle

Laverre City

Rayquaza Battle

jokkir

Yeah, you're right. I think I remember some of the route themes too much when grinding that I forget the more intense songs haha.

I'm listening to some of the songs from the symphony on YouTube and it sounds pretty good. Getting more tempting now

Rinoa

One of the most fascinating things I thought I could do in Hong Kong and Cebu was go to McDonald's and whatever other fast food place and see how different it was than the ones we have back in Toronto. Jollybee was really interesting.

I liked the McDonald's burgers in the Philippines more than the ones here so there's that. But Jollybee was cool I guess. Food was cheap too (well, relatively speaking as a tourist from Canada). I remember frequently going for Sprite and Coke floats, and sometimes eating their chicken-joy or whatever it's called now. Don't like the spaghetti or burgers as much though.

I love HK mcdonalds the most. Japanese mcdonalds kind of sad, I find their special burgers gross.

Chickenjoy is amazing, it all comes down to the feeling of nostalgia though.

84110-five-guys-DAYUM-gif-Imgur-OkYM.gif

I'm curious about location. Scarborough? Vaughan?

If it's not downtown I'll be so mad.

Oh and Goldilocks > Red Ribbon. Goldilocks chocolate sponge cake is da bes.

I like their mamons too much. Can easily eat 10 in one sitting. Been craving it so hard that I looked it up and found they have a san francisco location near my cousin's home and she's gonna hook me up next week!

Quick

Banned
Rinoa, you'd love the New York location.

You've got Jollibee and Red Ribbon on the same main street just a few intersections off each other.

Rinoa

Rinoa, you'd love the New York location.

You've got Jollibee and Red Ribbon on the same main street just a few intersections off each other.

YAS. Is there good bbtea nearby? I'm going to NY at least once this year for prep for a wedding next year (double anesthesiologist marriage wat) and have a huge bucketlist. Body is ready.. also want big gay ice creams.

I wear funny toques and goofy t-shirts just so people can identify me.

All generic white dudes wear those..

stn

Re-posting just in case someone is interested. Going with 2 others to watch Wrestlemania, may be more people going. If any of you are interested, come out! I've been to a GAF meetup once so I kind of remember faces. Link to the bar we're going to: LINK

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
There's a thread for it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1019194

FS had 139 stores in Canada, I wonder how many of them will be converted to BB.

EDIT:
The company said it was shutting down 66 Future Shop stores effective immediately. Meanwhile, another 65 stores will be closed for a week while they're converted to Best Buy stores.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/fut...ross-canada-some-to-become-best-buy-1.3013534

zroid

Banned
Wonder if there's a list somewhere of which stores will be closed... I assume the Markham FS is toast since there's a BB a few minutes away

Wonder if there's a list somewhere of which stores will be closed... I assume the Markham FS is toast since there's a BB a few minutes away

Yeah I wish they had a list of stores being converted and ones being shut down. I hope that FS at Yonge & Eglinton gets converted and not shut down. That's usually my go to "I need to price match Amazon or whoever because I'm a cheapass" place.

The Yonge & Dundas location... Well, a lotta new empty retail space is up for grabs! I swear that one is fairly new as well. Like... I think it went up in the past 10 or 11 years.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm wondering that myself. There are a couple that I figure will close since there is a BB nearby.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
my friend went there and she said it was pretty good food
said the tonkatsu is what tasted the best there
Hmmm...ok. Review incoming!

If I can resist Pillars of Eternity when I get back D:

Edit: my quickie reivew is: holy fuck! Can't wait to come back and can't wait for the next time we go for chicken at a GAF meet up so we can come here! That cheese tonkatsu is highly recommended.

ahdurian

Hmmm...ok. Review incoming!

If I can resist Pillars of Eternity when I get back D:

Edit: my quickie reivew is: holy fuck! Can't wait to come back and can't wait for the next time we go for chicken at a GAF meet up so we can come here! That cheese tonkatsu is highly recommended.

Haven't been, but I guess I know where we're grabbing lunch tomorrow.

yeap
definitely gonna convince my friends to go there tomorrow now

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. Tonkatsu

520 Bloor Street W
Toronto, ON M5S 1Y3
The Annex

Corner of Bathurst and Bloor

Service
They seemed a bit disorganized all things considered. The waitress also doubled as host and helped with the prep so I had to wait quite a bit for my bottled beer and she then forgot my wife's tea. My wife had to ask for it again after we got our food.

Food
At least this part was good! My wife got the cheese tonkatsu and I got the tonkatsu sampler. Her cheese tonkatsu was excellent and the mozzarella really raises it to another level with the slightly savoury and salty taste to complement the crunchiness of the panko. My sampler was also very good and I wish I had room for more because the panko had a very satisfying crunch to it and the meat wasn't overly dry and tough like some other places I've had it at. We also had the kara age and it was also very tasty and the chicken was surprisingly juicy as well.

Overall
We paid about 45 including tip though obviously it would be less without the beer. Definitely a thumbs up, worth a try if you want to have something different, and I will absolutely come back there again.

Mr. Tonkatsu

520 Bloor Street W
Toronto, ON M5S 1Y3
The Annex

Corner of Bathurst and Bloor

Service
They seemed a bit disorganized all things considered. The waitress also doubled as host and helped with the prep so I had to wait quite a bit for my bottled beer and she then forgot my wife's tea. My wife had to ask for it again after we got our food.

Food
At least this part was good! My wife got the cheese tonkatsu and I got the tonkatsu sampler. Her cheese tonkatsu was excellent and the mozzarella really raises it to another level with the slightly savoury and salty taste to complement the crunchiness of the panko. My sampler was also very good and I wish I had room for more because the panko had a very satisfying crunch to it and the meat wasn't overly dry and tough like some other places I've had it at. We also had the kara age and it was also very tasty and the chicken was surprisingly juicy as well.

Overall
We paid about 45 including tip though obviously it would be less without the beer. Definitely a thumbs up, worth a try if you want to have something different, and I will absolutely come back there again.

Yum!

Top Bottom