• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

zroid

Banned
I don't know. I doubt they built $2 billion worth of stadiums for just one event xD

Didn't the IOC even say that they're going to use this as a measuring stick for whether Toronto should be considered for an upcoming Olympics?

(So basically we're almost guaranteed to fail their test)

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If Toronto ever gets the Olympics everyone please join me for a team puke right at the center of Yonge & Dundas.

Sober

If Toronto ever gets the Olympics everyone please join me for a team puke right at the center of Yonge & Dundas.
The only way Toronto would ever win a bid for the Olympics (summer or winter) would require the only places left competing to be Cleveland, an upturned porta potty out in the middle of the woods, or a crater left by an exploded IED in Iraq.

stn

Question for y'all. Buddy and I want to watch Wrestlemania at a bar, neither of us has watched wrestling in at least 10 years so we're out of the loop.

1. Are there any bars guaranteed to show it?
2. Are any of you making plans to watch it? We'd be down to meet up with folks.

explodet

The only way Toronto would ever win a bid for the Olympics (summer or winter) would require the only places left competing to be Cleveland, an upturned porta potty out in the middle of the woods, or a crater left by an exploded IED in Iraq.
Right now the 2022 Winter Games are down to Beijing and Kazakhstan.
So they're not far off.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
As if the quality of the venue actually matters for more than 5% of the bid. What really would really need to secure the Olympics is..

9FLmurP.jpg

Toronto Music History 101:

RUSH
5AJvSeQ.jpg

Rush is from the Willowdale section of North York and are probably the most successful Canadian rock band in history.
They have sold 40 million albums worldwide, including 24 gold albums and 14 platinum albums. In 2013, they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Their lyrics are way more intelligent and thoughtful than most rock bands. Here is an example from their single called "Subdivisions" which is a scathing look at the banality and conformity of suburban life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYYdQB0mkEU

Mupod

anybody have some problems with Rogers last night?

I had a raid in WoW and kept lagging out/disconnecting. A guildmate from around here on the same ISP had the same problems, we'd lag simultaneously.

It was the most amazing timing because we had too many people online and I wanted to play Bloodborne anyways. Thanks Rogers.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Question for y'all. Buddy and I want to watch Wrestlemania at a bar, neither of us has watched wrestling in at least 10 years so we're out of the loop.

I haven't heard of a bar showing a wrestling PPV since the Attitude Era days :(

I was just thinking on the drive in to work today about how annoying it is that whenever music in Toronto is brought up Rush fans proceed to talk like Rush is the only band from Toronto ever.

I already did my first music history post on Maestro Fresh Wes. Anyways, there has been TONS of great music from Toronto. Rush is just the most famous and influential example of a rock band from here which is why so many people name drop them. The music is really good though and it's not really the band's fault if some of their fans can act annoying.

krae_man

WWE changed the fees a few years ago and made it prohibitively expensive to show PPV's so far less bars do now.

You can watch it in movie theaters though.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Oh snap didn't even realize Wrestlemania was this weekend.

One of the few PPVs I still watch.

Krae get ready to answer all my questions about new guys that scare me and aren't like the guys I grew up with.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Didn't you imply you watched it last year?

No imply I did watch it. Despite the fact I watch wrestling very irregularly I'm still a bit of a fan but I haven't missed a Wrestlemania in years. I only learned about how awesome the Raw after Wrestlemania was about 2 or 3 years ago. Whichever year it was that the crowd was singing Fandango's theme.

stn

A buddy and I are meeting some randoms to watch Wrestlemania. Gonna be showing at a bar called The Contender. If any of you want to join up, PM me!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Toronto Music History 101:

RUSH
5AJvSeQ.jpg

Rush is from the Willowdale section of North York and are probably the most successful Canadian rock band in history.
They have sold 40 million albums worldwide, including 24 gold albums and 14 platinum albums. In 2013, they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Their lyrics are way more intelligent and thoughtful than most rock bands. Here is an example from their single called "Subdivisions" which is a scathing look at the banality and conformity of suburban life:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYYdQB0mkEU
And it features my high school.

I already did my first music history post on Maestro Fresh Wes. Anyways, there has been TONS of great music from Toronto. Rush is just the most famous and influential example of a rock band from here which is why so many people name drop them. The music is really good though and it's not really the band's fault if some of their fans can act annoying.
But it is their fault that I hate Geddy Lee's voice.

Rinoa

Flips represent!!!
http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2015/03/filipino_fast_food_chain_jollibee_opening_in_toronto/

red ribbon bakery next pls
assorted_mamon_600px_x_600px.png

the gatsby garden party sounds like the worst event in the world.

I really wonder how it will turn out in the end.

Vid of last year...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kL0VRPUyxH0

Kimchi is Srs Bsns.

How many of these Gatsby parties are there? I swore I saw pictures of one you went to just a few months ago...?

Yeah Salesforce had Gatsby themed xmas parties around the world, fun seeing people wearing real $$$$$ vintage or heritage stuff.

Sober

I would totally crash that Gatsby party if I had an era-appropriate Chinese migrant worker costume on hand. Or spoke decent Chinese.

Quick

Banned
Funny coincidence I was coming into this thread because I know Toronto-GAF has one the best communities and I wanted to check it out. Our Austin OT is pretty shitty and we have no organization. We're working on it, though.

Just start fights with the others to get things going.

We're all about infighting here in Toronto-Age. Weather and food are the two big topics. What unites us is the ineffectiveness of our transit system.

N° 2048

Does anyone know where I can take my laptop with parts and get them installed?

My laptop needs a part replaced and I have the part but not the confidence or skill to replace it.

One of the most fascinating things I thought I could do in Hong Kong and Cebu was go to McDonald's and whatever other fast food place and see how different it was than the ones we have back in Toronto. Jollybee was really interesting.

I liked the McDonald's burgers in the Philippines more than the ones here so there's that. But Jollybee was cool I guess. Food was cheap too (well, relatively speaking as a tourist from Canada). I remember frequently going for Sprite and Coke floats, and sometimes eating their chicken-joy or whatever it's called now. Don't like the spaghetti or burgers as much though.

soultron

Banned
Funny coincidence I was coming into this thread because I know Toronto-GAF has one the best communities and I wanted to check it out. Our Austin OT is pretty shitty and we have no organization. We're working on it, though.

I fucking love how the OP of that meet-up thread got banned. Did he actually meet 'Lore and embarrass himself in a totally unrecoverable fashion?

mr.rager

Yum Burger with cheese all day errryyday. with Chicken-joy and spaghetti. and a champ burger. I'm hoping it tastes exactly the same like Jollibee from the Philippines. Also hoping it's somewhere in downtown Toronto not out in the middle of nowhere like Max of Manila.

Oh and Goldilocks > Red Ribbon. Goldilocks chocolate sponge cake is da bes.

One of the most fascinating things I thought I could do in Hong Kong and Cebu was go to McDonald's and whatever other fast food place and see how different it was than the ones we have back in Toronto. Jollybee was really interesting.

I liked the McDonald's burgers in the Philippines more than the ones here so there's that. But Jollybee was cool I guess. Food was cheap too (well, relatively speaking as a tourist from Canada). I remember frequently going for Sprite and Coke floats, and sometimes eating their chicken-joy or whatever it's called now. Don't like the spaghetti or burgers as much though.

Bruh, FIGHT ME.

You're right about the McDonald's having better burgers in the Philippines. From what a relative told me, there's 2 different kinds of McDonalds burgers; Burger McDo (filipino style) and the regular McDonalds burger. BK there though is pretty much the same as North American BK.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This is hilarious. And I love the other meet up thread that was created: only the OP and that was it.
Does anyone know where I can take my laptop with parts and get them installed?

My laptop needs a part replaced and I have the part but not the confidence or skill to replace it.
What do you need installed? If it's a hard drive or RAM that is ridiculously easy to do. If it's something else, try the college and Spadina area; some computer shops there.

http://www.blogto.com/eat_drink/2015/03/leslieville_rallies_to_save_local_restaurant/
Not sure how I feel about this. I've been there 3 times and all I can say is that while the brunch is ok (the pork belly is definitely excellent) the guy simply doesn't know how to run a restaurant. There is literally one or two people running the whole thing: host, waiter, cook, cash. This is one person when it's slow and two when it's kinda slow. The first time I was there, he messed up my wife's order and the cashier that WAS there that night, I never saw again. One time I tried to order fries and he said he wouldn't recommend it. I guess kudos for the honesty but come on...

That spot may be cursed since there was a cafe there before that and the back opens up right into a parking area so any car left running you get fumes. Even if the place is at full capacity, he'd never even be able to take care of everyone. And by full I mean about 15 seats and even then it's cramped. I hope he lands on his feet somewhere though since he is a good chef...perhaps just a poor restaurant owner.

Top Bottom