• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I want to lose around 50lbs and walk about as much as you but I also love pizza.

I've learned that you can still indulge in junk and lose weight. Just ask anyone at the meetups - I'm eating nachos and fries etc. I just make sure I go back to my healthy diet after.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I've learned that you can still indulge in junk and lose weight. Just ask anyone at the meetups - I'm eating nachos and fries etc. I just make sure I go back to my healthy diet after.

This is also important, don't completely restrict yourself or you'll go mad. It's fine to go wild every once in awhile. Just stick to your healthy habits 95% of the time.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
This is also important, don't completely restrict yourself or you'll go mad. It's fine to go wild every once in awhile. Just stick to your healthy habits 95% of the time.

The dietician I'm seeing says give it a 80-20 split. 80% healthy, 20% not. Though I'm probably at the 90-95% healthy rate.

You also have to know your limits. I tested myself recently and was able to have a tin of Pringles open for nearly 2 months. Normally I'd finish that in one sitting. But I was able to limit myself to no more than 4 chips if I had a caving for them. If you can't do that then remove the temptation. So far I've been able to still have junk in my house. Difference is I don't often indulge and when I do, it's a more reasonable portion.

Also, water. Drink water and more water.

I got a sofa delivered from IKEA and instead of giving me one set of legs they gave me an entire box so I now have 36 extra metal legs lmao

jcutner

So this sums it up I'd say. Me trying VR, my girlfriend not amused.

u9jDpVi.jpg

Kraftwerk

I wanna check an event out in Montreal next Friday.

I wanna get there Friday morning sometime, check the city out, go to this event, and head back sometime Saturday.

I guess a bus would be the best way there and back?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I wanna check an event out in Montreal next Friday.

I wanna get there Friday morning sometime, check the city out, go to this event, and head back sometime Saturday.

I guess a bus would be the best way there and back?
Cheapest is bus
Middle price is train (on one right now back to Toronto)
Highest is plane via Porter though it's super fast

I like the train though not right now due to this fucking delay...at least it puts you right in the middle of the city, there's lots of leg room, wifi, and you won't have to deal with highway traffic which can be a good or bad thing.

If money isn't an issue, do Porter though keep in mind you'll need get into the city vs the bus or train so you may have to take a taxi on top of that unless you're going to use the Metro to get to the actual city.

Kraftwerk

Cheapest is bus
Middle price is train (on one right now back to Toronto)
Highest is plane via Porter though it's super fast

I like the train though not right now due to this fucking delay...at least it puts you right in the middle of the city, there's lots of leg room, wifi, and you won't have to deal with highway traffic which can be a good or bad thing.

If money isn't an issue, do Porter though keep in mind you'll need get into the city vs the bus or train so you may have to take a taxi on top of that unless you're going to use the Metro to get to the actual city.

How much is train, like $50? I was thinking rideshare but I would rather do train if the price is close, since most of the rideshares are asking around $40-$50.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How much is train, like $50? I was thinking rideshare but I would rather do train if the price is close, since most of the rideshares are asking around $40-$50.
Cheapest is around 89 I believe. May be able to find something cheaper.

I'd rather go train or bus than ride share. Least there are washrooms there though the ones on the train are better and wifi makes the ride much more bearable.

I also have a discount code I can send your way to take 15% off the train ticket.

Kraftwerk

Cheapest is around 89 I believe. May be able to find something cheaper.

I'd rather go train or bus than ride share. Least there are washrooms there though the ones on the train are better and wifi makes the ride much more bearable.

I also have a discount code I can send your way to take 15% off the train ticket.

Yeah, that makes sense. I love trains, so will probably do that.

And I just checked, they are all around $90-$110 for tickets which is fine.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, that makes sense. I love trains, so will probably do that.

And I just checked, they are all around $90-$110 for tickets which is fine.
Good. Lemme know when you want that code for the discount and I'll send it your way....juuuuuust as soon as you send me the contact for that recruiter you said you were gonna do months ago you icicle sucking bastard! >=/

Also make SURE you pick the right time. It should be a 5 hour trip or less if there are no delays; I picked an 8 hour one accidentally once but a call to the call centre fixed it right up.

The station there is also right at a subway station and it's ridiculously easy to use too. Additionally, it's walking distance to Old Montreal (like Distillery District bit better), St Catherine's street (lik Yonge st but better), and the other touristy spots from that station.

Kraftwerk

Good. Lemme know when you want that code for the discount and I'll send it your way....juuuuuust as soon as you send me the contact for that recruiter you said you were gonna do months ago you icicle sucking bastard! >=/

Also make SURE you pick the right time. It should be a 5 hour trip or less if there are no delays; I picked an 8 hour one accidentally once but a call to the call centre fixed it right up.

The station there is also right at a subway station and it's ridiculously easy to use too. Additionally, it's walking distance to Old Montreal (like Distillery District bit better), St Catherine's street (lik Yonge st but better), and the other touristy spots from that station.

Cool, thanks for the info.

fucked how some of the seats on via rail is the same as getting a flight, but its 5 times slower.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Cool, thanks for the info.

fucked how some of the seats on via rail is the same as getting a flight, but its 5 times slower.
Eh, it's faster for me to get downtown TO and MTL and I don't have to pay for a cab or get a ride to the airport. Additionally, some are DEATHLY afraid of flying. I was given a choice and I easily chose the train over flying cause it's more convenient for me.

Cab to airport
Security and line up
Flight
Pick up bag
Cab to where ever

Vs

Get to Union stn
Line up and get on train
Get off at Central stn downtown MTL

Considering you're in the beaches, add one hour cab ride to the airport and 20 minutes for security due to your ugly mug and then cab maybe 30 min to wherever in MTL, it isn't really 5 times faster.

dluu13

*pic of UPX looking through the window outside in the rain*

I got soaked walking in the rain earlier.

Also, speaking of trains being more expensive than planes, I've seen a case where the plane was a $70 2.5h ride while the train was a $90 9h ride.

I forgot how expensive Holy Chuck can get, but that's probably for the best, easy to avoid the temptation to just walk across the street every time I'm hungry. They did a much better job cooking the meat than when I had ordered the same at St. Clair (started with the signature Holy Chuck burger for a point of comparison) and the fries were a lot crisper (last time I went to St. Clair, the fries were borderline soggy), so a thumbs up so far for the new location. And those milkshakes, damn. In this heat, they're divine. Grabbed a banana split shake the other day just to cool off after work. So good.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I forgot how expensive Holy Chuck can get, but that's probably for the best, easy to avoid the temptation to just walk across the street every time I'm hungry. They did a much better job cooking the meat than when I had ordered the same at St. Clair (started with the signature Holy Chuck burger for a point of comparison) and the fries were a lot crisper (last time I went to St. Clair, the fries were borderline soggy), so a thumbs up so far for the new location. And those milkshakes, damn. In this heat, they're divine. Grabbed a banana split shake the other day just to cool off after work. So good.

It's fine to splurge when it's a good burger.

Salsa on St Clair today, forgot about that. Not exactly the day to do grocery shopping and pay a visit to Stockyards (shopping centre, no the burgers). And it let loose twice with huge rain storms. Really though after the rain, it's quite lovely out.

Oh and this is probably the creepiest thing I've seen on /r/Toronto in a while. I'm sure Chris and myself are on there somewhere.
I need to get out to the Stockyards at least once... :(

As for the videos, look, it was a one time thing...

Unfortunately, it's not illegal if they're in public, which sucks.

Edit: who's up for making the next meet up thread? I should be able to make it out there and have Quad and EM carry me for MHG his time.

Not at the event but Survivor Series has been officially announced. Anyone at the event? I will keep checking if they release a pre-sale code.

Pre sale is happening tonight from what ticketmaster says. Starts at 10:30.

I have been given a pre sale code don't know if it's legit. Just found it on Twitter.

Sorry to post three in a row but I know a lot of TO gaf isn't to wrestling. Jimmy Korderas confirmed the presale password.

PM me if interested. Tickets go on sale in less than ten minutes.

Edit: It's "WWEPPV"

This is a weird long shot, but anyone know any physical stores in Toronto for buying a walking cane? Preferably with a styled head/knob, but a regular one would be fine too.

Anony

just came back from ribfest at markham
goddamn, everyone is playing pokemon go
stopped by a mcdonalds at Scarborough, yep, people were playing pokemon go

zroid

Banned
how are there all these people playing it when it isn't even out here?

i know you can work around it pretty easily but still surprising to me so many people are doing that

dluu13

People at work running outside all the time because of pokemon go, and they only thing they are catching are Drowzee. I don't even get it

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
how are there all these people playing it when it isn't even out here?

i know you can work around it pretty easily but still surprising to me so many people are doing that

I'm also surprised. I figured the amount of people that would know what an APK is.. or have a rooted iPhone, would be very few.

Eleuin

Buzzfeed or another site that big must have put together an article because if I told someone I knew just 'mirrored APK' they would have no idea what it meant

Sober

Pretty sure you go to the CNE any year in the giant hall with all the vendors you can find some really gnarly hand crafted handles on some walking sticks from certain vendors if you're willing to wait. Otherwise retail places that have a pharmacy usually carry some standard ones.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Paging Kuro. How is Via Rail business class? Is it even worth it? Have you tried it?
Yes. I went business class last time. Hell, I could've gone business class this time but I was going with my wife so I went with her I'm economy.

No, it's not worth it.

You get
Business lounge access
Preboarding for business
Bigger seats and a LOT more space since not many people buy it.
Terrible meals and meh alcohol provided on the trip.
The stewards are a lot friendlier and seem more into their work than economy

For the price you'd pay though, you may as well take a plane.

It's just for this very specific route I preferred it even if it was the same as the plane since
- downtown TO to downtown MTL
- no crazy line ups for security
- free wifi the entire trip

All these three points are available on economy though.

Edit: it's nice being back in Toronto with proper summer weather though. Great day today. PRAISE THE SUN, YOU COLD HEATHENS!

dluu13

Yes. I went business class last time. Hell, I could've gone business class this time but I was going with my wife so I went with her I'm economy.

No, it's not worth it.

You get
Business lounge access
Preboarding for business
Bigger seats and a LOT more space since not many people buy it.
Terrible meals and meh alcohol provided on the trip.
The stewards are a lot friendlier and seem more into their work than economy

For the price you'd pay though, you may as well take a plane.

It's just for this very specific route I preferred it even if it was the same as the plane since
- downtown TO to downtown MTL
- no crazy line ups for security
- free wifi the entire trip

All these three points are available on economy though.

Edit: it's nice being back in Toronto with proper summer weather though. Great day today. PRAISE THE SUN, YOU COLD HEATHENS!

Man you missed the summer weather. Today cold as hell I'm wearing sweat pants in my house.

Top Bottom