• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Just playing with you :p
the temperature is nice. It's just that compared to the days you were not here, it is much cooler. Even during those days, it was bearable if I went outside rather than stayed indoors.
I hope your husky gets lost pulling your sled! >=/

Oh man, so much dessert today.

Kekou - kekou.ca
West of Queen/Spadina has a bunch of unique and freaking cool gelato flavours like HK milk tea and roasted oolong tea. I had a matcha milk smoothie with a scoop of HK milk tea gelato and it was incredible. My wife had the same except she got a Vietnamese coffee scoop instead. We're definitely coming back.

HotBlack Caffee - http://www.hotblack-coffee.com/
On Queen near Osgoode subway station. Wife had a cold brew with an almond butter cookie. The cookie was ok but the cold brew was actually really tasty. I got a coffee Popsicle, a brownie, and a cappuccino with a shot of expression with a Braziliab origin. Damn. Brownie might have been the best I've had so far. It wasn't crazy sugary and the texture was a firm on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. The coffee Popsicle...I'm still working on since it's really way too sweet; I don't think I'd get this again. The cappuccino was excellent! A lot of places I go to make their cappuccino taste more like warm milk than coffee, but the coffee flavour really shines and reminds me of the coffee that I had in Cuba - rich and savoury with none of the burnt over roasted taste you get with Shitbucks or Crap Hortons.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Went to Hys Steakhouse last night...not impressed with it.

Steak wasn't very good (had the steak neptune) plus the fact we waited almost 1 hour for them to take our orders and then over an hour until we got our food as well.

Have nothing good to say about this place.

ahdurian

I hope your husky gets lost pulling your sled! >=/

Oh man, so much dessert today.

Kekou - kekou.ca
West of Queen/Spadina has a bunch of unique and freaking cool gelato flavours like HK milk tea and roasted oolong tea. I had a matcha milk smoothie with a scoop of HK milk tea gelato and it was incredible. My wife had the same except she got a Vietnamese coffee scoop instead. We're definitely coming back.

HotBlack Caffee - http://www.hotblack-coffee.com/
On Queen near Osgoode subway station. Wife had a cold brew with an almond butter cookie. The cookie was ok but the cold brew was actually really tasty. I got a coffee Popsicle, a brownie, and a cappuccino with a shot of expression with a Braziliab origin. Damn. Brownie might have been the best I've had so far. It wasn't crazy sugary and the texture was a firm on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside. The coffee Popsicle...I'm still working on since it's really way too sweet; I don't think I'd get this again. The cappuccino was excellent! A lot of places I go to make their cappuccino taste more like warm milk than coffee, but the coffee flavour really shines and reminds me of the coffee that I had in Cuba - rich and savoury with none of the burnt over roasted taste you get with Shitbucks or Crap Hortons.

love Kekou. i go there everytime now after going to Kinton with coworkers/friends

jokkir

Black Sesame and Mango at Keikou is so good.

I'm also at Hot Black every day for coffee break lol ;(

I also tried this @ Fugo (near St Patrick station close by the maid cafe)

YQWcnU5.jpg

I opened around two weeks ago now and the lineups weren't so long when I went.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Sweet Jesus is so fucking good. Best ice cream joint in TO.
Oh, are we starting ice cream wars now...? I'd say kekou is better and not overloaded with sugar.

Black Sesame and Mango at Keikou is so good.

I'm also at Hot Black every day for coffee break lol ;(

I also tried this @ Fugo (near St Patrick station close by the maid cafe)

YQWcnU5.jpg

I opened around two weeks ago now and the lineups weren't so long when I went.
That pic reminds me of Sweet Jesus actually...

You're lucky then. Maybe it was just pure chance but that cappuccino really was one of the best if not the best I've had. I provided that feedback to the barista and she said she really tries to get the temperature right when making them. Odd that this would make it taste like actual coffee instead of just warm milk.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sorry to post three in a row but I know a lot of TO gaf isn't to wrestling. Jimmy Korderas confirmed the presale password.

PM me if interested. Tickets go on sale in less than ten minutes.

Edit: It's "WWEPPV"

Buddy got some tickets last night. Only up in the 300s, but whatever. I couldn't really afford much more at the moment.

Entropia

No One Remembers
how are there all these people playing it when it isn't even out here?

i know you can work around it pretty easily but still surprising to me so many people are doing that

It is actually pretty amazing how many people took the work around to be able to play it up here.

krae_man

I just grabbed a 300's ticket. 308 Third Row.

Gonna be different. I normally sit ringside but fuck paying $500/ticket, I'm not doing that anymore. Assuming you can even get any for face value to begin with.

We should arrange a meetup when the event gets closer.

Edit: Wow, only singles left. Good thing I only wanted for myself.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It is actually pretty amazing how many people took the work around to be able to play it up here.
I did. It's not like it's hard to make a US iTunes account on your PC and transfer the game over to your phone. You'd be surprised how many construction workers on my site are playing it.

Is the progress attached to the app or the account?

If I download the US version now and then later download it from the Canadian store will my progress carry over?

I have had issues in the past downloading apps from the US store and then for one reason or another I lose access or progress. It's the reason I am waiting.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is the progress attached to the app or the account?

If I download the US version now and then later download it from the Canadian store will my progress carry over?

I have had issues in the past downloading apps from the US store and then for one reason or another I lose access or progress. It's the reason I am waiting.
I'm logged in with my Google account so I'm hoping that's how it's saved.

Eleuin

Its really weird to see something have so many infatuated

York is full of stops and there were tons of people on campus this weekend blatantly playing

SKINNER!

Banned
Hi Toronto-GAF,

Anyone know any decent recruitment agencies that I can sign up to? I've been working in IT/Development for the past 5 years here in the UK and I plan on moving to Canada (preferably Toronto) in the next year or so. Just feel like I'm not earning enough money in the UK. Any help would be appreciated.

Barrage

I know this discussion was a few pages back, but to the guy who was deciding bus/train/plane: If you buy a train ticket on Tuesday (doesn't matter when your trip actually is) you can get the "Escape" fare for less/equal to a bus. Last time I went from Toronto to ottawa I saved five bucks by taking the train.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I've decided to declutter and throw out/donate a good chunk of my stuff. I tend to be a pack rat. Some of the things I have found:

- my 365 (learner's permit for those young'uns)
- my library card from university
- speaking of university, all my texts and repro texts
- a New Kids on the Block keychain (which is not weird since I have still have all my NKOTB stuff but just weird where I found it)

I also went through my bookcases/books and got rid of about 500 books....I've promptly refilled the bookcases with the leftover books. I'm going to have to do a second culling.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I've decided to declutter and throw out/donate a good chunk of my stuff. I tend to be a pack rat. Some of the things I have found:

- my 365 (learner's permit for those young'uns)
- my library card from university
- speaking of university, all my texts and repro texts
- a New Kids on the Block keychain (which is not weird since I have still have all my NKOTB stuff but just weird where I found it)

I also went through my bookcases/books and got rid of about 500 books....I've promptly refilled the bookcases with the leftover books. I'm going to have to do a second culling.

Good lord!

Quick

Banned
As a former bookstore employee, respect on the book collection, Kat.

I used to collect video games and Blu-Rays/DVDs, but I realized that I can trade the games in to buy more video games without having to pay full price.

I used to have maybe 20+ physical games on a consistent basis, while I had 4 full shelves of Blu-Rays/DVDs (individual shelves, not shelving units).

Traded in a ton of my games, put it all on pre-orders, with a lot left over to put in a gift card. Then I sold off a chunk of my Blu-Rays and most of my DVDs to Deja View Discs for cash - I sold them in batches, since I was still debating on which ones to get rid of.

Now I've gotten into the habit of trading in games when I finish and know that I won't ever play it again. And I've mostly stuck to Netflix and streaming options for movies, among other means of watching movies.

I never had to buy books working at a bookstore, so I surprisingly never developed the problem of having too many books. I have a shelf filled with graphic novels and that's it. Now I just have comics on my iPad.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, one of the first things I did was trade in all my PS3/360 games plus some PS4 games. Preordered the deluxe version of FFXV and had some left over. I think I'll continue to trade in my games now.

Quick

Banned
Yeah, one of the first things I did was trade in all my PS3/360 games plus some PS4 games. Preordered the deluxe version of FFXV and had some left over. I think I'll continue to trade in my games now.

The Amazon E3 sale from last year + trading in games really saved me a lot. The last game I paid full price was The Division, only because I didn't pre-order it or had trade-in credit left over. Other than that, I was covered for pretty much the other big games last year + this year and probably next.

Renewed

So is Purolator's live chat just always not available now because they're swamped? Guess I'm gonna have to go into Vaughn myself... At least the first harvest went well.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So is Purolator's live chat just always not available now because they're swamped? Guess I'm gonna have to go into Vaughn myself... At least the first harvest went well.
Where's our Purolator support person? :(

I guess it was a double team of warm and cold that scared him/her off.

Top Bottom