• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Can't we all get along and realize that we're all a part of #TeamDeadGrass?
No. #teamwinter must die.
372P8G.gif

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't know, I feel like this Summer for us has been pretty average. Yeah we get a few balls hot days like today with the humidity, but it's fairly tolerable. Yes, I long for the nice October nights when you can feel the winds of winter, but I'm not melting here. I've been outside today for more than most of #TeamWarm.

I drink hot coffee on my patio when it's like 30C+ in the earlier half of the day.

I drink hot coffee no matter the weather. I'm not saying iced coffee is bad, it's just not as good.

Renewed

I either work outside or in a greenhouse that seems to be averaging 35 degrees when the flaps are open. I wear a sweatshirt because it's long-sleeve and I don't like bugs. I'm not dead yet.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So, I heard you like fire investigations in the morning at Kennedy station after you just miss your first bus, have your second bus come late only for you to just miss the subway train that would be avoided this mess.

Welp, I'm going to be late for work.

Now, which one of you scrubs wants to make the July meet up thread?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
So, I heard you like fire investigations in the morning at Kennedy station after you just miss your first bus, have your second bus come late only for you to just miss the subway train that would be avoided this mess.

Welp, I'm going to be late for work.

Now, which one of you scrubs wants to make the July meet up thread?

I assumed Sober was making it since he did the poll.

I was this close to buying that $449 50" Vizio TV for Amazon Prime day but decided to get the Breville Barista Express for $479 instead. Gotta have my coffee fix when there are only shit tier coffee places in North York.

dluu13

I was this close to buying that $449 50" Vizio TV for Amazon Prime day but decided to get the Breville Barista Express for $479 instead. Gotta have my coffee fix when there are only shit tier coffee places in North York.

I don't really like any coffee from the shops closest to me either. I had one of these French drip filters they use in Vietnamese places when I was back in Vancouver but didn't bring it over. I find it makes some pretty damn good coffee, but as always it depends on your beans.
add_coffee.jpg

That just makes me realize how long its been since I had Vietnamese food. I feel like there are pho places at every corner in Vancouver but ramen places seem to outnumber pho places here.

I used to go hella far for coffee when I lived downtown lol.
Americano: Sam James
Drip Coffee: Sam James
Latte: Early Bird Espresso / NEO Coffee Bar

I also like Rooster Coffee House on Jarvis but it's kinda out of the way

wbsmcs

Tried Junked Food Co. last night. Ordered their most popular dessert, the Smoreo Waffle, and was very underwhelmed by it. Basically just a plain waffle with a bunch of oreos, chocolate sauce, marshmellow, and chocolate chips thrown on top . Girlfriend got chocolate soft serve filled with nutella and cookie dough pieces, and that too was really sub par. Pretty expensive place too...those 2 came out to around $16. DQ blizzards would blow this places ice cream out of the water for roughly half the price. I was interested in their smash bags but wouldn't even bother now.

dluu13

That just makes me realize how long its been since I had Vietnamese food. I feel like there are pho places at every corner in Vancouver but ramen places seem to outnumber pho places here.

I have Vietnamese food every so often here, but I still like the restaurants in Vancouver more.

mr.rager

Complete opposite here in Mississauga. There's billions of Vietnamese restos out here but barely any ramen restaurants.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't really like any coffee from the shops closest to me either. I had one of these French drip filters they use in Vietnamese places when I was back in Vancouver but didn't bring it over. I find it makes some pretty damn good coffee, but as always it depends on your beans.
add_coffee.jpg
You can ins those pretty easily. I'm kinda surprised you can't find good coffee there but it just may be my area is overloaded with hipster coffee places.

I generally like Te Aro myself. Though the place I mentioned, Hot Coffee House, or whatever it's called, was pretty damn good.

I did go to NEO once to try their baked goods. They were ok

Kuro...

Die....

So hot
PRAISE THE GODDAMN SUN, AND GET YOUR GODDAMN VITAMIN D!
Tim Hortons

:)
All those double doubles gonna kill you first, brah.

dluu13

You can ins those pretty easily. I'm kinda surprised you can't find good coffee there but it just may be my area is overloaded with hipster coffee places.

I generally like Te Aro myself. Though the place I mentioned, Hot Coffee House, or whatever it's called, was pretty damn good.

I did go to NEO once to try their baked goods. They were ok

PRAISE THE GODDAMN SUN, AND GET YOUR GODDAMN VITAMIN D!

All those double doubles gonna kill you first, brah.

By no good places I meant between the short walk between home and school haha. I found one of those drip filters in a store in Chinatown for four bucks. They are cheap. The next step is to get a grinder, but I didn't see any of those around. Maybe I should just get one off Amazon.

Holy shit, this heat...it's unbearable. Walk outside and sweat like a pig day.

I met a friend for lunch, and ran a couple of errands. I thought about doing more and maybe getting a haircut, but I was all sweaty and didn't want to do that to them.

Die heat.

Pokemon Go now supports Android Nougat but I'm too tired to go out and it's quite mild outside.

I can already tell Pokemon Go is going to ruin my life somehow, as someone who walks a lot.

zroid

Banned
man it's too freaking hot

anyone from team warm who claims to be in favour of this temperature is lying through their teeth

People who love summer unconditionally are crazy.

Weather is much better when spring turns into summer and it's still a bit chilly, or summer into fall.

Renewed

The only reason I haven't made the meetup thread is because I'm looking to be busy on Fridays (putting chickens away) and Saturdays (farmer's market + oven use). If you want me to make a stupid comic, let me know but I'll leave thread duties to whoever.

Also it's hot. Greenhouse was even hotter and I was pretty sure all the water in my body was gonna be purged. 41 degrees is a bit much in jeans and a sweatshirt.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I just stepped outside of my AC office. God DAMN I can't believe you guys are complaining. This is a nice sun out and it's super windy right now.
The only reason I haven't made the meetup thread is because I'm looking to be busy on Fridays (putting chickens away) and Saturdays (farmer's market + oven use). If you want me to make a stupid comic, let me know but I'll leave thread duties to whoever.
Nah. I didn't see it before, but sober got us covered. Barring any last minute dental gum surgeries, I'll be there.

Top Bottom