• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I just got a free Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber. My mom's boss's grand kid was getting rid of a bunch of stuff so she grabbed it for me. Must be nice to be rich enough to throw out a $750 coat and not even think about it.

I count on these people to blow that sort of money in our mobile games daily.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I count on these people to blow that sort of money in our mobile games daily.
The kid (he's in his early 20's) threw out over $200 worth of coins (not just dimes and quarters but loonies and toonies also) because he was too lazy to spend them or drop them off at the bank. He even threw out a bunch of TTC tokens.

Renewed

Last week (3 weeks) or second to last week (2 weeks) of September for meetup? Also place? I'm gonna go through this thread for old posts and see what seems interesting, but I'll take a recommendation right now too.

Edit: Oh shit, hope you're doing well Kraft. Hope you like dark chocolate, I'll set a bit aside for you next meetup you're at.

Quick

Banned
Just had Tim Horton's frozen lemonade.

1SdePSU.jpg

BTW, my new job prefers two weeks notice for scheduled time off. I'm not saying anyone has to accommodate me, just saying I'd like to be there for the meetup.

dluu13

I haven't tried Starbucks but I imagine nothing will sway me towards the side of caffeine.

I would have considered going for the St. Cath showing, but I guess I'll look into the Toronto showing when I'm back.

If anyone wants some mint chocolate (80% cacao, raw cane sugar, cacao butter and dried mint we grew) I'll hold a bar back for the next meetup.
Dang that sound good. I like dark chocolate. Remember some guy made a thread saying dark chocolate is bad.

Last week (3 weeks) or second to last week (2 weeks) of September for meetup?

I'm good for Kuro's suggestion (23/24). Next couple weeks will be pretty busy for me with work & TIFF.

Also:

Anyone wanna meet up at Scotland Yard for a drink after Fan Expo on Saturday night?

I will be there all weekend solo. Would love to meet some GAFers there (or afterwards for a pint!)

Are we actually gonna do this?

I mean I'm not going to Fan Expo (once was enough, forever) but I get off work early tomorrow so I'd be down to grab a drink with some GAFers if people still wanted to do a small unofficial meetup.

Renewed

I'm good for Kuro's suggestion (23/24). Next couple weeks will be pretty busy for me with work & TIFF.

Yeah, that'd be good. I'm tempted to just make it Friday, or is that not good for people? 7PM @ wherever (Power Up gaming lounge was mentioned but since I can't find much on it, I'll probably go myself to see).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Yeah, that'd be good. I'm tempted to just make it Friday, or is that not good for people? 7PM @ wherever (Power Up gaming lounge was mentioned but since I can't find much on it, I'll probably go myself to see).

Can't do the 23rd, I have a party to attend. But of course I don't need to attend every one of these. Likely in for the Saturday, although I'm likely to be feeling pretty rough from the night before.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
The 24th would be better for me too.

In other news, I applied for a full time position at work (different division than I work for) back in July. I figured nothing came out of it but they contacted my managers yesterday asking about me. They told them I was awesome, because well, I am.
I'm taking this as a good sign. Fingers crossed that I get a call. Also applied for a different position within my location (still part time) but I'm 100% my managers want me for it. Just have to do the screening with HR before a formal interview I think.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The 24th would be better for me too.

In other news, I applied for a full time position at work (different division than I work for) back in July. I figured nothing came out of it but they contacted my managers yesterday asking about me. They told them I was awesome, because well, I am.
I'm taking this as a good sign. Fingers crossed that I get a call. Also applied for a different position within my location (still part time) but I'm 100% my managers want me for it. Just have to do the screening with HR before a formal interview I think.
Coors on shadowkat...!

Brinbe

Fan Expo had playable Cuphead, so it was worth it for that. But I also went on Thursday and it was only $25 then. Def not worth whatever stupid amount they want to attend today.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
It's perfect summer weather. I would be happy if it was like this for the entire summer.

Though I kinda want the cooler weather to come. Mostly because I have new jeans and I want to wear them, lol.

soultron

Banned
Are we actually gonna do this?

I mean I'm not going to Fan Expo (once was enough, forever) but I get off work early tomorrow so I'd be down to grab a drink with some GAFers if people still wanted to do a small unofficial meetup.

I probably won't be able to since I'm doing a Destiny raid with friends at 9. If anyone's out late I might be able to come, depending on how long it takes us to finish the raid.

Finally got around to watching Mr Robot season 1 on Shomi and now I find out that Rogers on Demand only has a couple episodes of season 2

Booooo

Dr.Acula

Banned
Fuuuuck TIFF.

Seriously. Last year I was able to get online easily enough, this year the site is constantly booting you while purchasing tickets and barfing your basket up.

So the trick is to go to Ticketmaster.ca and select the 1-3 tickets package option.

Only thing is that I can't figure out how to but more than 1 at a time. So I have to do the process multiple times.

Oh, and because it's TICKETMASTER the jack the price from $25 to random shit. One ticket was $31, the other was $34.

That's right, they're surge-pricing TIFF.

So fuuuuck this.

I'm going to 2 films, down from my usual 10. Disgusted.

Yeah, this is baffling.

I still have my tiff.net tab open, the one where I'm waiting in line, but unlike previous years it has no other info (e.g. number in line, estimated wait time) and it kinda just feels like I've been tossed into a digital purgatory. Nothing is happening. Their new website is kinda terrible, honestly. It's a pain in the ass just to see what's playing at the Lightbox on a given day.

I'm not even fucking with ticketmaster, what a terrible idea.

I would have gone to the physical box office and waited in line (I've enjoyed doing this in the past) but I have to work today (i.e. right now) so I figured I didn't have time and would just try on the website. Oh well.

Quadratic

Yeah, I bought a flex 10 pack and did my TIFF selections last week. The new interface is buggy as hell. In the end I ended up getting my picks but it seemed way less consumer friendly than last year.

Surge pricing? That sounds like a terrible decision. It seems like they are trying to extract the most amount of money as possible. It's already up to near $25 per film as it is.

Does anyone here have the good fortune of being near a Tims that sell the bottled Iced Capps? None of the locations around me have them stocked.

Quick

Banned
Fan Expo had playable Cuphead, so it was worth it for that. But I also went on Thursday and it was only $25 then. Def not worth whatever stupid amount they want to attend today.

I was hoping for a playable demo of Watch Dogs 2, they didn't have it. And they had a giant wall ad for it at the Ubisoft area that made it look like it was available to play, but they just had For Honor, Steep, and I forgot what the other game was (if there ever was a third game).

The Ubisoft area seems a lot smaller than before, probably due to the lack of Assassin's Creed.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Why is it getting warmer again. I thought it was over
Melt and deal with it.
I was hoping for a playable demo of Watch Dogs 2, they didn't have it. And they had a giant wall ad for it at the Ubisoft area that made it look like it was available to play, but they just had For Honor, Steep, and I forgot what the other game was (if there ever was a third game).

The Ubisoft area seems a lot smaller than before, probably due to the lack of Assassin's Creed.
For Honor and Steep look better anyways.

Yeah, this is baffling.

I forgot the best part: I did actually get in once, and selected a film which appeared to have tickets but only gave me the notice that it had gone off sale when I was on the quantity selection page. There was an option at the bottom that said search for other films, which I clicked, thinking it was going to be bring me back to the root menu, but it actually tossed me back into the blind queue. Like... that's not how I expected that to work. But okay. I did eventually get tickets for five movies, and I'll probably just wing it for the rest.

Surge pricing? That sounds like a terrible decision. It seems like they are trying to extract the most amount of money as possible. It's already up to near $25 per film as it is.

And here's the problem: It turns out this whole thing is "powered by ticketmaster" now so even going through the TIFF website like in previous years, single ticket purchases are all kinds of fucked. I saw exactly the same thing Dr.Acula saw on ticketmaster proper. I'm pretty sure $25 is the standard price, but some of my choices went up to other random numbers, e.g. $29 for a Midnight Madness ticket. I at least understand that, even if it's bullshit. But the most inexplicable thing I saw was a $32 ticket for The Death of Louis XIV. It just shattered my mind. Surge pricing on an Albert Serra film? IS THIS REAL LIFE?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Get rekt kuro (hell yeah, they both look good.).
WHO UNCHAINED YOU?! GET BACK TO WORK ON BG&E2! >=[

Well, it's been an incredibly stressful long weekend. Tons of people got let go and it definitely didn't help with workload or sleep. All I pretty much did today and last night was binge watch Narcos. Fantastic show. Goddamn Colombian woman...! HNNGGHHGG!

Top Bottom