• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

dluu13

holy crap i almost shat my pants and cried at the same time.

around 5pm the word file i keep my thesis in got corrupted. file being in the cloud, it synced immediately and a good 50 pages of material got poof.

lucky for me after a while i realized that somehow, even though it was corrupted and could not open in Word, i could still see it in google drive preview.

so i got myself a new template and started typing everything back in/figures/whatever. four hours later i'm finally back

i now have multiple files and all my chapters are separated i've learend my lesson

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

around 5pm the word file i keep my thesis in got corrupted. file being in the cloud, it synced immediately and a good 50 pages of material got poof.

lucky for me after a while i realized that somehow, even though it was corrupted and could not open in Word, i could still see it in google drive preview.

so i got myself a new template and started typing everything back in/figures/whatever. four hours later i'm finally back

i now have multiple files and all my chapters are separated i've learend my lesson
I would never screw around with something that important. I'd have a personal copy on a USB, a copy in my email, and a copy in my google drive as well as hard drive.

Reminds me of when I was at HKU and writing up a gigantic essay the night before it was due. I didn't know that the computer lab reset at midnight every day...a few hours of work lost though thankfully I had another copy available (even if it was a few hours behind). The damnable thing was that I was just working on the conclusion already as the clock hit midnight too... :/

dluu13

I would never screw around with something that important. I'd have a personal copy on a USB, a copy in my email, and a copy in my google drive as well as hard drive.

Reminds me of when I was at HKU and writing up a gigantic essay the night before it was due. I didn't know that the computer lab reset at midnight every day...a few hours of work lost though thankfully I had another copy available (even if it was a few hours behind). The damnable thing was that I was just working on the conclusion already as the clock hit midnight too... :/

I took for granted the security of my data. I now have a local offline copy as well, just in case.
Also, I have saved the plain text in text files.

Yikes!

I had my big paper for my MA saved in so many places, I was so careful with it towards the end, good luck keeping it safe!

Nicodemic

Hey guys! Destiny gaffer here! Just wanted to say hello as I will be in Toronto for a few days. I'm going to Fanexpo tomorrow and planning to hit the aquarium, the museum and a few gaming shops of course.

I'll also go to the park islands and I was wondering if you can swim at a nearby spot?

I'm from Montreal if you are curious. :)

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I would have curled up into a ball and cried.

I'm glad you got it back.

dluu13

Hey guys! Destiny gaffer here! Just wanted to say hello as I will be in Toronto for a few days. I'm going to Fanexpo tomorrow and planning to hit the aquarium, the museum and a few gaming shops of course.

I'll also go to the park islands and I was wondering if you can swim at a nearby spot?

The water is quite cold but bearable once you immerse your entire body.

soultron

Banned

The Beaches (or The Beach, depending on who you ask) down near Queen Street East and Woodbine is very nice to check out! It has a great boardwalk and the water is decent for a swim! Enjoy your trip!

soultron

Banned
GF and I are looking into a new apartment but we need renter's insurance. Does anyone have any advice or experience with this? Looking at State Farm right now.

EDIT: Decided to go with Sonnet. Needed it ASAP since we're in a application battle for an apartment with another couple. :S

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Waitaminute...Pumpkin spice already? Halloween candy at Shoppers?! COSTUMES ALREADY AT VALUE VILLAGE?!?!?!

NooooOoooooOOOOOO...! My summer...!

Hold me, yyzjohn! :'(

Lexxism

Waitaminute...Pumpkin spice already? Halloween candy at Shoppers?! COSTUMES ALREADY AT VALUE VILLAGE?!?!?!

sean-bean.jpg

dluu13

Bandwagoner still here!
I didn't even need the fan on me last night. I actually felt a bit cool this morning.

I put on my sweater in my AC-less apartment.

I just had my first and only pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks.

Doesn't live up to the hype or its price tag.

They're pretty gross tbh. Like disgustingly sweet to the point that I don't even know how anyone enjoys them. And don't even get me started on how much sugar they put into an iced coffee. You literally have to ask for them to reduce the sugar to 0.5 pumps for anything they make

They're pretty gross tbh. Like disgustingly sweet to the point that I don't even know how anyone enjoys them. And don't even get me started on how much sugar they put into an iced coffee. You literally have to ask for them to reduce the sugar to 0.5 pumps for anything they make

Yeah. I regret buying it since I'm trying to lower my daily sugar count but I was just curious, you know? These specialty drinks in coffee shops are too sweet for their own good. I truly missed having a good old Ice Capp already. They even have it in bottled form now!

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah. I regret buying it since I'm trying to lower my daily sugar count but I was just curious, you know? These specialty drinks in coffee shops are too sweet for their own good. I truly missed having a good old Ice Capp already. They even have it in bottled form now!
Iced Capps are the very very delicious devil.

Renewed

Are Iced Capps actually good? I've never had one because it seems like I'd just be drinking coffee and I really dislike that taste.

krae_man

Thank God I don't like coffee.

Bombardier missed another deadline.

I am shocked. SHOCKED.

Kitchener piggybacked on the end of that deal for our LRT and until recently was still claiming the delays would have no impact since Bombardier would be all caught up by our first ship date:lol

Quick

Banned
Almost got short-changed at Fan Expo today. Bought sushi (yeah, yeah, I know) at the food court area and the total ended up being $9.05. Cashier hands me 5 cents for my $10 and I'm really confused, so I asked her again to do the math and she gave me the rest of my change.

Lesson of the day: do your math, count your change. In my situation, it was easy to see they shorted me.

I don't think the cashier meant to do it on purpose, or I hope not.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you guys only know how much coffee I drink. No sugar though, disgusting.

Are Iced Capps actually good? I've never had one because it seems like I'd just be drinking coffee and I really dislike that taste.

Chris doesn't drink coffee at all, hates the taste. But she'd take an iced capp daily if I brought them home for her. It's basically sugar and cream.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Voter turnout: 28.14%. Primary focus, the evils of sex-eduction. What a great little by-election this was.

On one hand, now the CPC has a new MPP. On the other hand now we get rid of one of the right leaning members of council. A generally considered 'nice guy' who seems to vote on the wrong side of three quarters of the issues.

Apparently his replacement will be one of the losers from the by-election? Should I be hopeful at all?

Mupod

We have a $10,000 Jura espresso machine in the office. If it ever broke down there'd be riots but I keep it running.

I'm not usually a big coffee drinker, I'll make a pot on saturday mornings I guess. But free, really good coffee? Yeah...

Actually I just remembered that I was given a Starbucks gift card like a year ago and forgot about it. I've never even been to a Starbucks.

Haven't been to Starbucks since they changed the rewards program. So many places where you can get better and cheaper coffee and espresso drinks

krae_man

Holy shit, WWE cancelled next in Kitchener and St Catherines.

But they are doing NXT takeover in Nov in Toronto and we get an exclusive presale.

dluu13

Haven't been to Starbucks since they changed the rewards program. So many places where you can get better and cheaper coffee and espresso drinks

There was a while when I was going to Starbucks every day only because it was close by. For some reason I switched to Second Cup. I don't even remember why.

Then, one day my roommate got enough points to get a free bag of beans so I went to buy a grinder and a press and haven't bought a coffee outside since.

Renewed

I haven't tried Starbucks but I imagine nothing will sway me towards the side of caffeine.

I would have considered going for the St. Cath showing, but I guess I'll look into the Toronto showing when I'm back.

If anyone wants some mint chocolate (80% cacao, raw cane sugar, cacao butter and dried mint we grew) I'll hold a bar back for the next meetup.

Kraftwerk

Thank you all for the love and support

Went out for a walk last night and sat on the grass near the facility that I'm at, and the cool air really lifted my spirits

Fuck kuro

Blackhead

Redarse
There is a special hell reserved for the Friday mailman too lazy to do this damn job. Now I probably won't get this package until Tuesday. Weekend wasted.

Today's verdict: Too tired to care anymore.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just got a free Canada Goose Chilliwack Bomber. My mom's boss's grand kid was getting rid of a bunch of stuff so she grabbed it for me. Must be nice to be rich enough to throw out a $750 coat and not even think about it.

Top Bottom