• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

zroid

Banned
Kave... what have you done

fpCrNUl.png

Willectro

Banned
the city council voted on whether Rob Ford should take an "Anti-racism course"

they voted... on whether... a councillor... should learn to stop being racist

ok

Toronto politics, everyone

Also voted on whether there should be a Bay/Bloor scramble. Most of the Council is an embarrassing joke. I'm really quite pissed off that the Councillor in my ward was out in public frequently to campaign (I saw her 3 times randomly) yet I have not seen her since. Seems there are a few that are there to better the city, the rest are just warming a seat. Councillors should have a 1 term limit. Tory has been very meh so far too.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm the guy who hates Nutella and such. I'm basically the opposition to everyone's existence.
A friend of mine got upset when I told her she mind as well put one of these on bread for her kid instead of using Nutella.

D60bND9.png

It has less sugar and more nutritional value.

zroid

Banned
A friend of mine got upset when I told her she mind as well put one of these on bread for her kid instead of using Nutella.

D60bND9.png

It has less sugar and more nutritional value.

Hahaha. CBC Marketplace did a segment on Nutella recently. Amazing how many people think it's healthy. That was a marketing con job for the ages.

zroid

Banned
Oooh the new Markham Cineplex is open. :O

finally a decent cinema nearby, I always had to drive to Richmond Hill or Scarborough Town Centre before. and more importantly, it has an IMAX screen, so I don't have to go all the way to friggin Vaughan for that anymore.

Please tell me I'm not the only one here who makes nutella and jam sandwiches. That shit is legit. Alternatively: nutella and peanut butter.

zroid

Banned
Real talk: I'm in no position to tease Kave because I enjoy Bud Light Lime

I don't really think of it as a "beer" though... it's just a beverage I like the taste of

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Please tell me I'm not the only one here who makes nutella and jam sandwiches. That shit is legit. Alternatively: nutella and peanut butter.
It tastes good. It's just not healthy.
Went to Bonjour Brioche for brunch today. Was very surprised there wasn't an hour of lineup. Got a patio seat.
Might have walked past you today and not realized it. Might explain my stomach ache though! >=[

Right now I'm at Cluny, which is some French restaurant that opened up in the Distillery District last summer. Strange how I never saw it until now. The interior is really nice though I'm waiting on the food. Service is good thus far.

Xirj

Any recommendations for delivery Sushi around Cityplace?

Tried a couple places on Just eat and it wasn't amazing. Should we just walk to To-ne Sushi (never been there before)?

Sober

Oooh the new Markham Cineplex is open. :O

finally a decent cinema nearby, I always had to drive to Richmond Hill or Scarborough Town Centre before. and more importantly, it has an IMAX screen, so I don't have to go all the way to friggin Vaughan for that anymore.
Where is it? I guess if you're picky and need IMAX I guess the one at FMP never really counted then.

zroid

Banned
Where is it? I guess if you're picky and need IMAX I guess the one at FMP never really counted then.

Nah I don't need IMAX remotely (nice to have as a proximal option though), but I always hated FMP. It's just south of Hwy 7 near Warden (Enterprise & Birchmount).

mr.rager

Now I remember why I mainly stick to the OT Side, the circle jerking that's going on in some threads is on some next level shit. Some posters act like GAF is like the greatest gift to gaming. Ughhhh.

Roto13

Now I remember why I mainly stick to the OT Side, the circle jerking that's going on in some threads is on some next level shit. Some posters act like GAF is like the greatest gift to gaming. Ughhhh.

But OT is full of horrible internet idiots.

mr.rager

But OT is full of horrible internet idiots.

Both sides have em but my god, gaming side is just....I don't even know. Some posters are like, i played with randoms all day then I joined a gaf group and it was the best group EVER. foh with that shit.

Quick

Banned

Agreed. Not only that, but I don't find it a welcoming place at all. In NHL-GAF, we'd give a little grief to new posters, but quickly welcome them in anyway. Toronto-Age is also very welcoming.

OT posts aren't as far up its own ass as Gaming, but I'm with Roto in that there's just a lot questionable posts going on. I also think there's issues with regards to mob mentality and elitism, but I guess that's a facet you can't really avoid in public forums (online or offline) in general.

Police threads have been bringing out the worst in some people lately. I'm not going to claim that I completely understand the viewpoints of others when it comes to their experience with the police and law enforcement in general, but I think people need to calm down when you have one person genuinely say "not all cops are bad" or something along those lines. All you'd see afterwards are posts of "you don't know how it is", "white male confirmed", etc.

Recent discussion about a character outfit in Gaming also brought up some really questionable rationale. It spilled over in NHL-GAF, and it's just dumb.

/end GAF rant

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I think I'm more easily able to rub off Gaming side morons because it's just video games. And as mr. rager points out, GAF / GAF users on Gaming side often think very highly of themselves, as if they're having more meaningful conversations than other gaming forums.

With OT though, some of the stuff you read in threads can hit on a personal level than gaming side. Conversations are usually not too deep either. It's people making circular arguments with each other; You can see a thread kept alive for days with two people going back and forth. And then you have the hit and run posts, along with the 'First posts nails it!' crap where it's race to see who can post the most witty reply quickly. Groan.

But in both forums, it just depends on the thread. Something like Monster Hunter OT has a lot of welcoming, pretty nice people. But if you go in to say, a Sales-Age thread, you're going to get a lot memes, some people bent out of shape about the numbers and are trying to defend their multi-billion dollar corporation of choice, and vitriol. No thread is safe though. See Canadian Deals during the Great Amiibo War.

I feel like I've made this post before, but it's always good to refresh it every few years.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I read the Gaming side more than I post in it. Like sometimes I feel my eyes are broken since I can't tell the difference between 30 FPS and 60 FPS and some of the other graphics stuff. OTs are okay, but they usually move too fast for me.

OT has its issues. The number of times I start to post and then don't is crazy. There are a ton of posts I just read in disbelief. Mostly I post here, NHL-GAF and show threads.

I've been on this site too long to get bothered by that stuff, I just laugh it off

Especially when people on the gaming side act like I'm new to Gaf because I don't post that often on the gaming side these days

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I also think for the most part the majority of TO GAF have seen each other. One would GENERALLY shit post less if you have a face to the nameless avatar.

Though I hope the heat and humidity boil all you #teamwinter frostbites...! >=[

Ok, I think I'm done for Pillars of Eternity for the night. I'm picking. Cruel options yet I still have a positive reputation...

Khilandros

Recently got my account accepted here and just wanted to say hi to all my fellow TO posters *waves*.

What a crazy time we're having in this city, not sure what to say about the city council (what a ride), scared to see what will happen in June with Pan Am, the spring weather is confused...then there is the TTC construction mess and I live near Laird and Eglinton, major stuff hasn't really begun here and just watching the traffic is crazy. My area is getting built up with plaza malls (Walmart and Costco soon, oh boy), the congestion is bad enough.

Anyway, overall I love living here and I especially like finding places to eat at (wherever I can find value and tastes great).

Sorry for the rambling.

Sober

Recently got my account accepted here and just wanted to say hi to all my fellow TO posters *waves*.

What a crazy time we're having in this city, not sure what to say about the city council (what a ride), scared to see what will happen in June with Pan Am, the spring weather is confused...then there is the TTC construction mess and I live near Laird and Eglinton, major stuff hasn't really begun here and just watching the traffic is crazy. My area is getting built up with plaza malls (Walmart and Costco soon, oh boy), the congestion is bad enough.

Anyway, overall I love living here and I especially like finding places to eat at (wherever I can find value and tastes great).

Sorry for the rambling.
Come drop by at the meetup in two weeks, you not-a-lurker-anymore! http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1016317

Try not to win at the tournament because you'll never come back after that! (Jokes)

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Sorry for the rambling.
#teamwarm or #teamcold?
Best burger place?
Favourite sports team?
Communist?
Best ramen place?
What do you hate most about the TTC?
Water or beer?
Main weapon in Monster Hunter?
East or West?
The Beach or The Beaches?
Skydome or Rogers Centre?
Comicon or Anime North?
Favourite Amiibo?

Khilandros

#teamwarm or #teamcold? #teamwarm, no like the evil cold weather

Best burger place? I haven't been to many, so call me a noob at this one

Favourite sports team? dunno, I don't keep up with much.

Communist? depends on who's asking...I don't know what to believe anymore :(

Best ramen place? Used to go to Kenzo a lot, but got too expensive for me. Now I go to Sansotei or Ajisen

What do you hate most about the TTC? What isn't there to hate about it, list too long

Water or beer? beer and coolers

Main weapon in Monster Hunter? Never played the series :(

East or West? Always lived on the East

The Beach or The Beaches? The Beaches

Skydome or Rogers Centre? Skydome and will always be that to me, fuck Robbers

Comicon or Anime North? Anime North. Also a big "booo, hisssss, <insert other sounds>" to Fan Expo for screwing us over every year.

Favourite Amiibo? I don't own consoles, so no clue.

Top Bottom