• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I browse /r/toronto for headlines, but like most forums / social media / sites, it's best to avoid the comments.
They're pretty terrible. Definitely doesn't make me want to see these shitheads in person.
We went on Sunday. It was okay, delivering what they promised, really good katsu. Both pork tenderloin and chicken were excellent. But with so many options to eat at in the area and not filling up without an app, or two, not sure I'll drop in too often for the price. Not nickel and diming on stuff like more rice and tea refills are a plus though. Sadly on Sunday they didn't have the sampler, or a few of the on tap beers they had on menu. It was definitely not overly busy when we went though, so service was quick and friendly. Can't complain too much, but definitely won't be a regular spot even though we're pretty damn close.
You're terrible! :0

Yeah, they shouldn't advertise the foddamn beer if they didn't have it on tap. Also, wife and I went there a second time and they were closed in the middle of the day cause they had run out. Thankfully, the wait wasn't too long.

What other place you go to there?

Beer Station isn't a place we talk about...

Did I ever tell you all how much I despise /r/toronto?

That missing girl thread is seriously pissing my off. Fuck that community.

Oh that subreddit a special level of terrible.

I'm convinced most of the people in that community don't even live in Toronto. For the shitheads in that community that do live here, I'm ashamed I even have some sort of association to them beyond being another human being. I know their real life meet ups always go really well cause the people that go are all cool people. But god damn, that sub-reddit sometimes is just... Damn. Blogto comments are just laughable in how shit they are. Some of the stuff I see on /r/toronto just makes me feel sorry for how miserable some of them seem.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So they opened a Carl's Jr at Yonge and St. Clair.

Kuro I'm waiting for your report.
Isn't...that near Holy Chuck? If I'm going up there, it'd better be worth it. Therefore, I need the resident fatty, EM, to tell me if it's worth it first.

EM, inhale that Carl's Jr. and let me know if it's better than Big Smoke or whatever it is you're peddling that is dry ground beef between something resembling bread.

Soju prices just jumped 40%. A bottle is now $8.80. I AM OUTRAGED!

That is some dirty bullshit! Think of the thirsty Koreans! D:

Try makgeolli

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makgeolli

Oh man...I had this orange makgeolli when I was visiting Jeju Island. At first, I was thinking, "orange alcohol...wtf...." and then I had it! "I need another one...."

krae_man

Isn't...that near Holy Chuck? If I'm going up there, it'd better be worth it. Therefore, I need the resident fatty, EM, to tell me if it's worth it first.

EM, inhale that Carl's Jr. and let me know if it's better than Big Smoke or whatever it is you're peddling that is dry ground beef between something resembling bread.

Try makgeolli

Oh man...I had this orange makgeolli when I was visiting Jeju Island. At first, I was thinking, "orange alcohol...wtf...." and then I had it! "I need another one...."

Closest LCBO with stock is Guelph, Guelph. Who do you think I am, Dr Campino?

mr.rager

A little off topic but what's so good about reddit? A bunch of guys at work always keep talking about it and I don't get it... Only reddits I visit are the bape, supreme, sneakers and hip hop ones.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
A little off topic but what's so good about reddit? A bunch of guys at work always keep talking about it and I don't get it... Only reddits I visit are the bape, supreme, sneakers and hip hop ones.

It's just a torrent of information coming at your face. Both good an bad. Pretty good if you just want news. Bad if you want opinions.

I browse 4chan more than I do reddit. Shit is legit. You just have to know which to avoid. I find a lot of the niche ones to be pretty fun and informative.

Sober

The bigger subreddits usually involve people doing stupid stunt shit to get fake internet points ("my girlfriend baked me a Dark Souls cake", is probably the shit you'd see on /r/gaming) for their 15 minutes of e-fame and it gets tedious as fuck. I've spent many late nights reading reddit comments because I hate myself; don't ever do that.

The smaller ones though are great because they're kinda like subforums or community threads where you can actually discuss really obscure or weird things in depth and detail you might not find anywhere else and it's a great place. It's like the internet but more like internet-ception cause it's an internet-style platform on the internet.

Most people on reddit are fucking terrible, though. There's a reason the fedora wearing militant atheist who watches My Little Pony is a thing, and reddit amongst other places breeds them.

The best way to determine if anyone on reddit is worth their salt is if you dare them to hang out and grab a drink or something (most cities have meetups on regular occasion; Toronto's is monthly), cause most of them are too cowardly to do so. Only decent people who use reddit wouldn't pass up doing shit for an evening in real life over trying to farm literal internet points.

I browse 4chan more than I do reddit. Shit is legit. You just have to know which to avoid. I find a lot of the niche ones to be pretty fun and informative.

Well that's the case for most internet forums. 4chan, reddit, and Neogaf are still just general communities for people to talk about... Well whatever. 4chan and reddit have their own specific things (with reddit it's user created sub-reddits), and with Neogaf it's generally gaming related. If you avoid and sift through the shit anywhere you'll just generally have a better time

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Try makgeolli

Carl's Jr is just another fast food joint, it's nothing super memorable if it's anything like it is in the States. I'd rather have had a Jack in the Box, if that tells you anything.

Soju prices just jumped 40%. A bottle is now $8.80. I AM OUTRAGED!

This is not directly related but it just reminded me of something:

A few weeks ago, a couple of my co-workers and I were searching our database to pull information on a soju product that a customer was asking about. In the process, we discovered that the LCBO used to import soju from North Korea. Like, back in the 90's. The most recent listing date was January 1999, iirc. There is still a phone number on file for the importing agency but the company doesn't exist anymore.

I wouldn't have thought that was legal but when I tried to find more info on Google, I found out there was one brand of North Korean soju made available in US markets in 2007 through some bizarre trade exemption. And apparently it's still readily available and absolutely terrible. The guy who runs the importing agency is the only registered US agent of the North Korean government, was caught working with South Korean spies, and was at one point arrested by the FBI, but released on probation and allowed to continue his business. He runs the agency out of his Manhattan apartment.

Anyways, I found that absolutely fascinating, so thought I'd share. Anything even tangentially related to North Korea will inevitably send you down the rabbit hole.

Eleuin

Dank memes (don't even know what these are) and imaginary girlfriends

Smaller Subreddits really are great though

Quick

Banned
I don't even bother reading Reddit comments, unless necessary.

I've only been to r/Toronto once before just now.

Willectro

Banned

Reddit really varies between subreddits. For instance, in the context of video games, r/gaming is considered a free-for-all whereas r/games focuses on quality (supposedly). r/Toronto occasionally has some decent posts, but more often is a cesspool of bleeding hearts and stupid, ill-informed opinions (I blame Scarbros). Karma and voting have really skewed content as occasionally the top comment is either wrong or misrepresents the topic entirely. In terms of quality, Toronto-GAF is to r/Toronto as The Burger's Priest is to McDonalds.

soultron

Banned
Just wanted to let you players know I'm taking a temp ban for 3 months to focus on other stuff (I do this from time to time) but I'll still be reading and judging all of your TO fine dining posts.
Especially you, Kuro.

See you in a few!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just wanted to let you players know I'm taking a temp ban for 3 months to focus on other stuff (I do this from time to time) but I'll still be reading and judging all of your TO fine dining posts.
Especially you, Kuro.

See you in a few!

Say hi to Stet for us in the penalty box.

Roto13

Especially you, Kuro.

See you in a few!

See you around. *wave*

krae_man

Especially you, Kuro.

See you in a few!

We shall give you a fair well Coors lite at the meetup.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Especially you, Kuro.

See you in a few!
Who puts eyes on a PS4?!

good luck on BG&E2 ;)

Blackhead

Redarse
Especially you, Kuro.

See you in a few!

Don't leave us :/

Does reading but not posting actually work?

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Especially you, Kuro.

See you in a few!

See you later!

mr.rager

Sounds like I need to avoid reddit lol

crosspost from the meetup thread

So Monster Hunter meet up at the food court inside AMC? I'm thinking 6PM since the actual meetup won't start until 8PM.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

So Monster Hunter meet up at the food court inside AMC? I'm thinking 6PM since the actual meetup won't start until 8PM.
I'll try my best but I'm coming from Scarberia so I doubt I can make 6.

Mupod

man I can try leaving straight from work but 6pm is tough.

Haven't played much MH since bloodborne came out but I did manage to get to the point where I can do whatever quests come up. Made my Rajang hunting horn too.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
SUGAR IS BAD FOR YOU!

It's okay, the packaging will naturally remove some.

szmfyZh.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Waited in line at Uncle Tetsu yesterday, with the cold ass wind blasting us for forty five minutes. Worth it though, the cheesecake is so good. Went to Sansotei after and as we were walking back, the line (now about 9pm) was even longer than when we started. At least a hour and a half, maybe two hour wait I'd guess, which would push right up until closing time.

Top Bottom