• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Trying to pick a place to go for pre-Jays home opener food

Was thinking of trying Whalburgers but the reviews seem pretty bad

My GF vetoed Burger Priest, she thinks it's terrible there :(

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to pick a place to go for pre-Jays home opener food

Was thinking of trying Whalburgers but the reviews seem pretty bad

My GF vetoed Burger Priest, she thinks it's terrible there :(
I will never endorse anything that piece of shit Wahlberg is apart of. Fuck him!
I can settle for the shitty confined spaces of our buses now. I just want fewer delays and buses and subways that are on time.

Blackhead

Redarse

We'd probably still keep a 1-seat distance from everyone anyway.
That bus looks suspiciously empty; in the picture, one lady is taking up an extra spot with her bag! On a crowded TTC bus she would stoned to death loudly lambasted studiously ignored for such a crime against humanity.
Tables on a bus though. I was shocked! Shocked I tell you! during a trip through Markham/Richmond Hill to discover that there were two tables at the back of the bus. Amazing! I might have brought my laptop along to get some work done had I known. What could go wrong? Then a kid plopped down at the other table, brought out a lunch box and started eating. ugh** Those are SV millionaires on that SF bus who probably have a world class chef at work and at home. They would use the tables on a bus for iPads or reading or what not. On the TTC on the hand... I don't think the new long buses on Finch, Spadina etc routes included the tables on the back

I can't even judge the kid: It was a long trip and those smells made me hungry so I was munching too on the return trip
:|

Mr. F

Banned
Hi toronto GAF.

I lurk a fair bit but wanted to pop in to ask; I'm making the move back to the city after landing a job (finally!) and am renting an apartment on Queen and Jarvis. For some reason I only thought to research the area's reputation after the fact and found some varying accounts of safety, crime, etc. through snippets of years-old data.

I'm relatively unfamiliar with the city's neighbourhoods and their rep but am I good? My building is FOB-access only and has 24 hours security so im not worried about that, at least.

Blackhead

Redarse
Hi toronto GAF.

I lurk a fair bit but wanted to pop in to ask; I'm making the move back to the city after landing a job (finally!) and am renting an apartment on Queen and Jarvis. For some reason I only thought to research the area's reputation after the fact and found some varying accounts of safety, crime, etc. through snippets of years-old data.

I'm relatively unfamiliar with the city's neighbourhoods and their rep but am I good? My building is FOB-access only and has 24 hours security so im not worried about that, at least.
Congrats on the job
Stereotypes of downtown neighborhoods
J1NG2EX.jpg

Hi toronto GAF.

There's a lot of prostitution that goes on in that area. The worst part is seeing all the used condoms on the sidewalk in the morning.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Went to do the Omescape escape rooms this weekend

Had a pretty good time, pretty damn good production values too

Rinoa

Hi toronto GAF.

Congrats! I'd suggest a different neighborhood.. is there a reason why you picked this one though? Close to amenities/work?

Went to that pillow fight thing yesterday

I wanna go someday, but I heard of escalating fights lol the selfie

Mr. F

Banned
Congrats! I'd suggest a different neighborhood.. is there a reason why you picked this one though? Close to amenities/work?

It's a decent commute to work and the price was perfect for my budget considering the proximity to the downtown core. The unit itself is really nice and I like the building. I don't know, maybe it's naive but I'm not too worried, from reading more accounts of people living even further into the neighbourhood it seems the worst of it is coming across the occasional character.

ahdurian

lol my coworkers are like 2hrs late so far, because they got stuck in the TTC delay as well
a pack of them are apparently with the people walking from Eglinton to Bloor.

Rinoa

Everyone's naked outside because it's "warm".

We legit has 7 months of snow/winter. I know because it snow stormed during my halloween party last year -_-

Quadratic

I saw some people wear lighter clothing today. Might be a mistake since it's overcast and windy.

I'm still wearing the winter jacket...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Mr. Tonkatsu

520 Bloor Street W
Toronto, ON M5S 1Y3
The Annex

We went on Sunday. It was okay, delivering what they promised, really good katsu. Both pork tenderloin and chicken were excellent. But with so many options to eat at in the area and not filling up without an app, or two, not sure I'll drop in too often for the price. Not nickel and diming on stuff like more rice and tea refills are a plus though. Sadly on Sunday they didn't have the sampler, or a few of the on tap beers they had on menu. It was definitely not overly busy when we went though, so service was quick and friendly. Can't complain too much, but definitely won't be a regular spot even though we're pretty damn close.

Sober

Did I ever tell you all how much I despise /r/toronto?

That missing girl thread is seriously pissing my off. Fuck that community.
The people who post in /r/toronto are pretty terrible.

But the people who actually show up at the real meetups are cool people. They probably don't actually post that much on /r/toronto, which is why.

Top Bottom