• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I was offered the full time position today(errr yesterday I guess since it's after midnight). I start Monday.

At least one pitcher of beer is on me at the meetuep!

ahdurian

isn't that what it normally sounds/looks like when the Jays are winning away?
I mean, at least for the past two years

it's the same as with the Raptors

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I guess the other's on me. I just graduated.

Congrats!

congrats!!

Lucky, where are you working?

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Congrats on the job and the opulence.

Congrats kat.

Thanks everyone! :D

Congrats to you too dluu!

Though I'm in a bit of a panic. Since I've lost so much weight this year none of my old work pants fit. I need to go shopping for clothes which isn't necessarily a bad thing but 9 times out of 10 I have to get the pants hemmed, which usually takes a few days to do.

dluu13

Thanks everyone! :D

Congrats to you too dluu!

Though I'm in a bit of a panic. Since I've lost so much weight this year none of my old work pants fit. I need to go shopping for clothes which isn't necessarily a bad thing but 9 times out of 10 I have to get the pants hemmed, which usually takes a few days to do.

Thanks :D I've graduated, but I'm not exactly done all my work, if you know what I mean.

I guess your problem isn't exactly a bad problem to have. Congratulations on both fronts haha

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks :D I've graduated, but I'm not exactly done all my work, if you know what I mean.

I guess your problem isn't exactly a bad problem to have. Congratulations on both fronts haha

Thanks! I managed to find pants that were 'cropped' so they fit me like normal pants. lol

Awwwwww yis! Free water!

Congrats!

It doesn't have to be beer flavoured water!

congrats! I'm still trying to find work right now.

Jeez, I hope I find a job that I enjoy.

Thanks

Congrats Kat, buy a pitcher of that cider Kuro loves so much!

But that would be a waste of my money....

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
Congruts Kat!

Tried GAP for work pants? They have a lot of sales.

Thanks! Long time no see.

I did actually go to the GAP Factory Store and got a pair of pants there (and a couple of shirts). And then I went to Old Navy for some even cheaper pants. I don't want to spend too much money on pants since I'm still losing weight.

Quick

Banned
When Uniqlo opens in Toronto, check out their smart dress pants.

They're basically stretchy dress pants with a super stretchy waistband with laces to adjust as needed. I bought a pair and I'll probably get more in Toronto if I end up liking it.

dluu13

When Uniqlo opens in Toronto, check out their smart dress pants.

They're basically stretchy dress pants with a super stretchy waistband with laces to adjust as needed. I bought a pair and I'll probably get more in Toronto if I end up liking it.

hmmm that's in about a week isn't it. I won't go right away because it'll probably be nuts in there.

Quick

Banned
I've already exhausted myself on Uniqlo lol.

I bought a ton of shit, seriously. I might actually go for one final round of shopping there too. lol

I just looked at the Canadian website, the smart dress pants aren't available (yet?).

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
FIRST WORLD PROBLEM ALERT!

I accidentally left my cell phone at home, so I'm spending this entire day at work without it. Oddly enough this feels like one of the least productive days I've had all week...

krae_man

I accidentally left my cell phone at home, so I'm spending this entire day at work without it. Oddly enough this feels like one of the least productive days I've had all week...

Pick up a burner on your lunch break!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Really looking forward to the Uniqlo. I went to one of their pop-up shops at Blacksmith Cycle a couple weekends ago and tried on their winter and fall jackets, they were both pretty comfortable. I was worried that I wouldn't fit into their larges comfortable, which I was able to. I was under their impression that they had 'asian sizes' so I'd be more of an XL fit with their stuff. But, who knows how their other clothes will fit on me.

Rinoa

Whoa where have you been? Haven't seen you post in a long time.

I'm lurking but too lazy to type. I mostly unload pics on instagram when online nowadays.

Thanks! Long time no see.

I did actually go to the GAP Factory Store and got a pair of pants there (and a couple of shirts). And then I went to Old Navy for some even cheaper pants. I don't want to spend too much money on pants since I'm still losing weight.

#teamdresses that's why I get those instead, can be any size on waist usually.

Subway train #4 coming to Wellesley and I can't get on again. Wonder if #5 is going to be my lucky number!

That was my HS subway, always gave up and took 94 bus west or went up slow 10 bay at that time of day.

Subway train #4 coming to Wellesley and I can't get on again. Wonder if #5 is going to be my lucky number!

I live right by there and figured out pretty quickly never to bother. If I really need to use the subway, I walk up to Bloor. Better chance of fighting your way on there because people will be getting off for connections.

Quick

Banned
Really looking forward to the Uniqlo. I went to one of their pop-up shops at Blacksmith Cycle a couple weekends ago and tried on their winter and fall jackets, they were both pretty comfortable. I was worried that I wouldn't fit into their larges comfortable, which I was able to. I was under their impression that they had 'asian sizes' so I'd be more of an XL fit with their stuff. But, who knows how their other clothes will fit on me.

I'm in the Philippines, Uniqlo's fit here seems larger than Asian/Japanese sizing.

ahdurian

Uniqlo in Japan / Hong Kong were my favorite places to shop
everything actually fit so much nicer and more comfortable than the stuff we get here

Hey guys, my girlfriend is moving to a new place in Toronto and I'm thinking about updating her TV since she's using one we bought 7 years ago. I'm not too familiar with TV shopping options in Canada and the only thing that came to mind were Best Buy's or Costco. Do you guys have any suggestions on good places for consumer electronics or do most people just do those two and/or Amazon?

Hey guys, my girlfriend is moving to a new place in Toronto and I'm thinking about updating her TV since she's using one we bought 7 years ago. I'm not too familiar with TV shopping options in Canada and the only thing that came to mind were Best Buy's or Costco. Do you guys have any suggestions on good places for consumer electronics or do most people just do those two and/or Amazon?

Usually just those two, yeah. There are also furniture stores like The Brick but unless you enjoy the feeling of being stalked while shopping, I would avoid them entirely.

Top Bottom