• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toronto-Age |OT4| Molested by a Burger Priest

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Waited in line at Uncle Tetsu yesterday, with the cold ass wind blasting us for forty five minutes. Worth it though, the cheesecake is so good. Went to Sansotei after and as we were walking back, the line (now about 9pm) was even longer than when we started. At least a hour and a half, maybe two hour wait I'd guess, which would push right up until closing time.
Hmmmm...I've only read of mixed reviews.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hmmmm...I've only read of mixed reviews.

I think your expectations should be kept in check. It's a good cheesecake, but it's not going to blow your mind. All the negative reviews I've read were basically people that thought it was going to change the way they saw cheesecakes, or something. Or they were upset they had to wait so long.

When I go back, I'll basically see how long the line is. 45 minutes, or a hour, I can handle, but one of the 2 hour plus lines.. yeah, no thanks. But for $10, I actually think it's a good value. Just depends how much time you have to burn. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think your expectations should be kept in check. It's a good cheesecake, but it's not going to blow your mind. All the negative reviews I've read were basically people that thought it was going to change the way they saw cheesecakes, or something. Or they were upset they had to wait so long.

When I go back, I'll basically see how long the line is. 45 minutes, or a hour, I can handle, but one of the 2 hour plus lines.. yeah, no thanks. But for $10, I actually think it's a good value. Just depends how much time you have to burn. :p
Well, my expectations is now at "cheesecake worth waiting 45 min - 1 hr".

I get the sense I've had something like it before, but I guess I'll give it a try when the lines aren't that long.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Well, my expectations is now at "cheesecake worth waiting 45 min - 1 hr".

I get the sense I've had something like it before, but I guess I'll give it a try when the lines aren't that long.

Given that people were willing to wait for it in freezing ass wind and drizzle, I can't imagine what the lines will be like when it's 18 and clear outside.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Was driving home from Brampton about an hour ago after hockey. It's raining hard up there, tons of lightning and it's foggy.

Could barely see even 5 meters in front of me.

#deerlord

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I don't want to wait more than a few minutes for something that isn't going to blow my mind.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Thunder ringing in the victory of #TeamWarm. Cue my terrified dog pacing around the apartment whining.
Poor Chewie...

VICTOLY!
I'll join you.
Same pod?
I don't want to wait more than a few minutes for something that isn't going to blow my mind.
Something or someone? You do live in Scarberia...
That was a great night to stay up through its entirety. I love lightning flashing through the sky.
Reading that makes me want to dive roll...too much or not enough MonHun but I might take a small break with xenoblade and Etrian Dungeon coming for me today (goddamn you, Amazon...)

That damn thunder and lightning did make it harder for me to sleep though.

Also had a 5 min delay on the Shit Rail Transit and wouldn't you know it when I got to SCT my bus just leaves. Life is trolling me right now...

Also want to mention I was reading the Metro and the TTC's standard to meet is 65 and 75 percent for their buses and streetcars?!

El. Oh. El.

Wish I only had to meet 65% of my work.

Kraftwerk

Looking for partner(s) that would like to join me in Tough Mudder on August 15th or 16th. Leave a comment or message me. All my friends are too scared to do it.

Kuro, since you looove warm weather, you should join me.

Looking for partner(s) that would like to join me in Tough Mudder on August 15th or 16th. Leave a comment or message me. All my friends are too scared to do it.

The heck is Tough Mudder? Lemme wiki that shit.

Electroshock Therapy – Live wires hang over a field of mud which participants must traverse

nooooooooooope

Kraftwerk

The heck is Tough Mudder? Lemme wiki that shit.

nooooooooooope

fHHQAz7.gif

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Coworker did this, so I know about it.

What the do I get outta this? Does it add to monster hunter time if no then go straight to a fiery hell.

zroid

Banned
was shopping at Costco and it was muggy as fuck in there. crowded + heating obviously still on = nightmare

at least it's nice and windy outside

Is the Uncle Tetsu I've been hearing about the one on Bay and Dundas? How long have they been open cause I just passed by and there's still a pretty hefty line up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Is the Uncle Tetsu I've been hearing about the one on Bay and Dundas? How long have they been open cause I just passed by and there's still a pretty hefty line up.

That's the one. It's been open since late March and is always insanely busy. Seems like 45 minutes is the minute and it's one cheesecake per customer. If you're not dying for cake, I say just keep an eye on the location and if you see a shorter line than usual with some time to burn, try it out.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I loved hearing on the radio how BMO Field will be ready for TFC's first home game on May 10th. My company is doing that project and they're currently doing 3 shifts a day (meaning around the clock) and they were asking people at my site if they wanted to work 12-hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday. I said no.

Mupod

Place I've had two great interviews with now asking for references. Oh man if I manage to get this I'm gonna have to do some serious celebrating at the meetup. Or just drink a lot to get over the disappointment, which is exactly the same thing.

Zynx

I loved hearing on the radio how BMO Field will be ready for TFC's first home game on May 10th. My company is doing that project and they're currently doing 3 shifts a day (meaning around the clock) and they were asking people at my site if they wanted to work 12-hour shifts on Saturday and Sunday. I said no.

How does someone go about preparing a field of grass for a soccer game?

I remember that the first visiting team wasn't that happy last season either.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
How does someone go about preparing a field of grass for a soccer game?

I remember that the first visiting team wasn't that happy last season either.
Fuzzy is fuzzy from the electricity going through his body.
electrician

Edit: got my xenoblade and my Etrian dungeon!

Weekend confirmed!

This is a pretty cool map that maps a day's worth of vehicle / pedestrian volume. They even managed to get my 'small' intersection, which apparently has around 1,800 people cross per day.

Huh, this has been a thing brought up for the past few days. I saw an article on Metro News about something similar

http://metronews.ca/voices/torys-to...udy-future-pedestrian-scrambles-ok-ill-do-it/

Apparently we don't have enough money or whatever to look into more pedestrian scrambles. But it kinda looks like some data is already there.

Yonge & Eglinton is the biggest no brainer for a pedestrian scramble though, according to that data (it's from 2011 though so the numbers are probably bigger now). Probably won't get one until the LRT is done which will be god knows when. Is Y&E the busiest intersection in Toronto? I wouldn't be surprised if it was. Kinda strange it only recently in the past few years is getting a lot of development attention. You'd think it'd be turned into something like Yonge & Dundas sooner rather than later with the amount of foot traffic in that one intersection

Another day, another TTC subway shutdown

Sheppard to Finch is down
I'm pretty sure countries with subway systems 100 times bigger than ours don't have as many delays/outages as us.

Incompetence is the only thing I can imagine.

Also as far as kid shows, it's all about that Banana's in Pajamas. ELLO B1? ELLLO B2

Bananas in Pajamas is legit
I also loved all the cartoons.

Santo Bugito
Freaky Stories
Rocko's Modern Life
Angry Beavers
Bobby's World (watched it every morning before school)
Reboot
Duckman
Gargoyles
Pinky and the Brain
Freakazoid
Animaniacs
Recess
Rupert
Carebears
Stickin Around
Captain Planet
Dexters Laboratory
Rugrats
Doug
Hey Arnold

And I could go on and on and on, those are just off the top of my head lol.

Anony

Another day, another TTC subway shutdown

Sheppard to Finch is down

it wasnt down? they couldnt switch tracks on sheppard, so the train was stopping on the opposite side
which leads to my question

who the fuck designed the sheppard station
like, what the fuck is the middle arrea for? it's a bitch to get to the other side, if they actually did expand past sheppard, using both plaforms is just fucking bad

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I remember always being upset when the guy never got to see Polkaroo.

Never realized it was because Polkaroo had a thing for the laydees. :eek:

Top Bottom