• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

mbaNHR5.png
My Entire TPP Pantheon by Harald12

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans (If I posted all of these this post would be my longest yet, minus the image dump at the end of Platinum that no on saw)(Posted some of these already, but not all, so starting from the first one I didnt in linear order

Hi, Im Bill

Godamnitt IT Guy
As Many AS Possible
The Red Gyarados
Keep Trying, Amber
Alice
Side Effects
No, He Really Would
Today... Was a Good Day
Marshall the Troops
Confessions: Part 1
Confessions: Part 2
The Great Dome Escape
Yup, We Probably Could Have
A Confederacy of Hosts
A Whisper in the Wind
Domino No.1

All by ZetsuTheFirst

His entire list of comics

Let me know if you guys prefer this format for posting 3-5+ images

My Entire TPP Pantheon by Harald12

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans (If I posted all of these this post would be my longest yet, minus the image dump at the end of Platinum that no on saw)(Posted some of these already, but not all, so starting from the first one I didnt in linear order

Hi, Im Bill

Godamnitt IT Guy
As Many AS Possible
The Red Gyarados
Keep Trying, Amber
Alice
Side Effects
No, He Really Would
Today... Was a Good Day
Marshall the Troops
Confessions: Part 1
Confessions: Part 2
The Great Dome Escape
Yup, We Probably Could Have
A Confederacy of Hosts
A Whisper in the Wind
Domino No.1

All by ZetsuTheFirst

His entire list of comics

Let me know if you guys prefer this format for posting 3-5+ images

Yeah I like this format a lot more.

I find it ironic that when we finally do Johto again, we're undoing all we did in Crystal. We're going to MT.Sliver to reverse the defeat of Helix. We have had a Lord Claw, Root, Skull, Armor, and the original Lord Helix (I realize something something Brian, but it looks like we're cool with making this one the legitimate Lord Helix risen) all in one run

This is turning to be the run of the gods
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE DOME ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE AMBER ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE ROOT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE CLAW ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE SKULL ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE ARMOR ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE THE OLD GODS༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Temathael

Sabrina's Gym is still normal just like in Fire Red.
Trying to challenge her right now, but the platform she's standing on is pretty hard to climb hah.

Crayolan

So I purposely stayed away from TPP today, expecting it to just be a trollfest for the next week or so and for us to continually fail against the E4, and somehow we not only beat the e4, but got helix on our team? What the hell happened?

Oh and also we just fought Sabrina, who was still a normal type leader. This time she had Clefable, Kangaskhan, and Noctowl.

Janine down! Bastiodon is an amazing tank.
Edit: the night crew is just embarrassing the day crew. Australia and Europe make so much more progress than us.
Second edit: in three days, Australia and Europe have powered leveled Bastiodon about 20 levels, beaten the E4 with 5 members, removed ariados without depositing anyone else, and gotten 4 badges. Meanwhile we've managed to toss mail, waste time, ride a boat, and catch Helix. Really catching Helix is the only significant thing America has done lately. We need to step up our game.

Temathael

somehow we not only beat the e4, but got helix on our team? What the hell happened?
Sudden spark of positivity and teamwork : )
It was great to see the whole chat unite on finding and catching Helix. He had ridiculously low encounter rate but somehow we managed to do it. Wasted a couple of balls on Loudred but luckily didn't manage to catch it.

So Janine was grass type I think, I missed the last 2 fights. What is the next thing to do, have we battled a Snorlax yet?

And we really need to evolve Vibrava, maybe this will help...

Sudden spark of positivity and teamwork : )
It was great to see the whole chat unite on finding and catching Helix. He had ridiculously low encounter rate but somehow we managed to do it. Wasted a couple of balls on Loudred but luckily didn't manage to catch it.

So Janine was grass type I think, I missed the last 2 fights. What is the next thing to do, have we battled a Snorlax yet?

And we really need to evolve Vibrava, maybe this will help...

We tried that block out the sun plan today and the very first B cancelled it despite TONS of other spam. I don't think there is a plan for evolving other than dumb luck.

Janine down! Bastiodon is an amazing tank.
Edit: the night crew is just embarrassing the day crew. Australia and Europe make so much more progress than us.
Second edit: in three days, Australia and Europe have powered leveled Bastiodon about 20 levels, beaten the E4 with 5 members, removed ariados without depositing anyone else, and gotten 4 badges. Meanwhile we've managed to toss mail, waste time, ride a boat, and catch Helix. Really catching Helix is the only significant thing America has done lately. We need to step up our game.

So the age of Australia is finally coming back? Because they haven't done anything ultra special since finally catching pokemon back in the beginning of Emerald

Group Photo Time
eAgs2ZL.png

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans- Cynthia Delivers an Ultimatum by ZetsuTheFirst

Twitch Sanctioned Shenanigans- Cynthia's Ice Cream Trip by redwings1340

Twitch Halls of Fame by Kelcyus
G-Man Report: Bebe Update by Kelcyus
The Return of Helix by MAdhatterHimself
The Return of Helix by MAdhatterHimself

Randomized World Opposites (Vectors) by FLyWoods

Mirrored Worlds by ZephxMastyx

He Still Has a Job To Do, Right?- by CanisAries

Do You Believe In Ghosts by antiquatedCreator

Finally, remember how we've never gone insane with catching pokemon in this gae?
Well....
dfd8412d743340cbcc9cfbf698ea4579.png

(I think from now on I'll post all comics in this format to make it easier for you guys)

Holy crap, Lord Helix has Water Spout now

EDIT: We're fighting a LEVEL 50 CRESSELIA, an I have NO clue as to why
EDIT2:Oh, psychic type Blaine
Lol, it has rest, we'll be here for a while

Temathael

Holy crap, Lord Helix has Water Spout now
Yeah. Too bad it replaced hydro cannon.

On Blaine's "gym" now. Psychic type and the first Pokemon we encounter is Cresselia. Its only damaging move seems to be false swipe : D.

Edit: Well it had Bind too, great moves for a legendary.

Crayolan

*Turns on stream*
"You caught the Phione!"
UMMMMM.....Good job guys wow.

Too bad we couldn't have caught it the first time, it would have made our E4 woes so much easier.

PBalfredo

Chat did a good job catching Phione. Everyone was spamming the pokeball button with the force of 1000 suns, and eventually from our pool of 300+ pokeballs, we caught it.

Now we just need to never ever touch the PC. It's a nice trophy mon, but it belongs on our mantle, not our team.

Chat did a good job catching Phione. Everyone was spamming the pokeball button with the force of 1000 suns, and eventually from our pool of 300+ pokeballs, we caught it.

Now we just need to never ever touch the PC. It's a nice trophy mon, but it belongs on our mantle, not our team.

It certainly helped that we got like 5 "can't escape"s.

Crayolan

I guess we're just doing all the sidequests now.

It certainly helped that we got like 5 "can't escape"s.

So you're saying that if Sudowoodo didn't faint to a crit 1 floor before Phione the first time we probably would've caught it the first time. Our luck is really something else.

I guess we're just doing all the sidequests now.

So you're saying that if Sudowoodo didn't faint to a crit 1 floor before Phione the first time we probably would've caught it the first time. Our luck is really something else.

Yep, this run has been pretty crazy. It's the first legendary we've caught since AA-j I believe.

I really hope we're near leveling with cranidos or vibrava when we enter Giovanni's hideout. We'll very likely get democracy there, which is the only hope we have for evolution right now.

Crayolan

So Lugia was a Sandshrew. Apparently not only did the streamer not check Static Pokemon>Similar Strength in the randomizer, he didn't even check Legendary>Legendary. How dissapointing. On the bright side though, that means Ho-oh turned out to be a Phione by pure luck.

Temathael

Oh wow. I looked away for minutes and we actually managed to fight Blue. Navigating the gym took 15 minutes from entering it, how lucky is that?

Something tells me it's not going to be so easy again : (

Edit: The gym is Flying type.

So Lugia was a Sandshrew. Apparently not only did the streamer not check Static Pokemon>Similar Strength in the randomizer, he didn't even check Legendary>Legendary. How dissapointing. On the bright side though, that means Ho-oh turned out to be a Phione by pure luck.
And now we encountered wild phione. Go figure.

So we beat Blue, he ended up having an Articuno and a Moltres
Go figure

Group Photo
DxSEVt6.png

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans by ZetsuTheFirst
Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans- Pressure Cooker
BSS- Domino No. 5

The Voices Comics by Hedgemaze Expo-
A New Adventure Begins
The Voices Adopt a New Pet Part 1
The Voices Adopt a New Pet Part 2

G-Man Report, Bebe Update (If you've missed any from this series all the comics are in one album that you can access by going left or right in imgur) by Kelcyus

Vibrava: Sword of the Gods by VenDragoon

Food Bonding by TepidTempura

EDIT: GB Sounds GET and registered

EDIT2: That was all from last night, this is all moving really quickly now

Unfinished TPP Opening Theme

This video is required watching and, if imo Crayolan, belongs in OP

Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans by ZetsuTheFirst- Domino No. 17 (Zetsu is killling off subplots because we're moving too fast)

Sabrinaooo - Rough Start

Aoi and Sabrina Featuring Omastar by Kirbynite

Group Photo on the way to Articuno
ClhzUSR.png

Getting Sabrina's Number
JioVb1r.png

Randomizer Logic by Kelcyus

Sabrinaoooo After 'abrightstart' by Xadeth

All Gym Leader and E4 Sprites by KingdomXathers

Finally, it looks like the sprites were finally edited in for Alice and her Pokemon at Mt.Silver, with assistance of a redditor that streamer let edit the ROM of.

PBalfredo

I'm all aboard the Sabrina x Aooooooo ship. It's a good counterpart to AJ x Joey in Crystal.

Really glad we got the gym leader's randomized type theme fixed early in the run. The remixed gym leader sprites turned out great.

More stuff

Twitch Dates Pokemon- Interviews+ Updates (I'm still not sure what to think of this)

Updated TPP Pokedex (270) Entries- by Kelcyus

Anyways, what cave are we in right now? I'm assuming victory road based on the Arboks, and that we're going to rematch E4, ut I haven't been keeping up.

Also looks like there is a ton of down-vote bots on the subreddit, so I may not be getting everything

EDIT: Nope, it's Mt.Silver (I think)
EDIT2: Nope, it's Cerulean Cave. We're going for 'Mewtwo'

EDIT3: Bill Sanctioned Shenanigans: Freefall by ZetsuTheFirst

Prinplups and Ivysaurs in nhere really showing our team why a ground rock theme is a bad idea, hope one of those Petal Dances or Frenzy Plants doesn't hit our 4th lead pokemon, Lord Helix

EDIT4: Now right next to MEwtwo, but will face him with just Vibrava and a paralyzed Oracle
EDIT5: AAAaaaaaaaaand Mewtwo is a level 70 Beautifly we auto ran from

Temathael

Mewtwo was Beautifly. Kind of dissappointing that the legendaries can be anything.

At least they should be randomized based on base stats like gym leaders.

Memories of Y by Kelycus (YOUNGSTER JOEY PLOT) Joey has Ace, his Dragonair with Spacial Ren, G-Man, his Haunter, and the Celebi that saved Queen Sunbrella's child from the time paradox massacre (caught with the GS Ball from AJ imself)

Also tells us what happened to AJ

G-Files
G-Man Reports
both also by Kelcyus, never posted them (honestly think that overall this guy is as big to the community as Zetsu because they both push the lore ahead insanely)

So what's the current plan. Forgot if we ever actually got to 'Articuno'

EDIT: Joey's Team from the first comic
2nS687W.gif

EDIT2:The Voices Adopt a New Pet Part 3 by HedgemazeExpo

EDIT3:
spit-take-meme.jpg

WAIT WAIT WHAT
Just saw the "Pokemon Black starts in 7d 3:24:20" message
Guess we won't be stalling forever then

kyo2004

7 days it's a reasonably time for beat Alice in Mt. Silver... (missed almost this entire run... finals in my college are killing me)...

MORE STUFF

Yay...??
e1yv2p7.png

Operation Blackout (Bill's doings (Timer+Glitches)) by Blastoking

20VAKTY.jpg

Sabrina and aoooo by Robot+Bread

Mega Fossils

EDIT: Viewership is consistently dipping under 1,000, D:
Oh TPP, how far you have fallen, I wanted you to be like Pokemon, the fad that never died]
And Crystal's start with 80,000 viewers was so promising too

It's actually a personal belief of mine that had Crystal started faster and with some lore, more of the 80,000 wouldn't have left. OF course, it's ridiculous to try and expect the game not to have started that way, which makes the fact all the worse

Top Bottom