• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Plays Pokemon Community Thread: We're Here Forever

kyo2004

Started Black very quick, like HG run... Already picked our starter (another fire type - tepig) and fight/in our two rivals...

So, the main question is... When we'll release our Tepig?.... XD... (My prediction... Tomorrow at night)... XD...

Was never a fan of this, as I'm a broadcaster and it affected me greatly (server and chat issues).. but eh. Wouldn't mind a Twitch Plays Pokemon on 6th gen, haha

Crayolan

Wow, actually made it through a first route without catching random trash mons.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention there's an updated touch screen script which works now. I put it in the OP, but here it is: javascript:(function(){document.body.appendChild(document.createElement('sc ript')).src='http://lostcoaster.github.io/twitch-touches-pokemon/touch.user.js';})();

Was never a fan of this, as I'm a broadcaster and it affected me greatly (server and chat issues).. but eh. Wouldn't mind a Twitch Plays Pokemon on 6th gen, haha

We'd all love it, but I wouldn't count on it. Streamer is not willing to do what it takes to hook up TPP to a real 3DS.

LET's GO NEW GAME HYPE

Sort of sad how TPPHGSS was such an amazing run, one of our best yet it only filled 12!!! pages

Ehhh...

Wow, actually made it through a first route without catching random trash mons.

Edit: Also, forgot to mention there's an updated touch screen script which works now. I put it in the OP, but here it is: javascript:(function(){document.body.appendChild(document.createElement('sc ript')).src='http://lostcoaster.github.io/twitch-touches-pokemon/touch.user.js';})();

We'd all love it, but I wouldn't count on it. Streamer is not willing to do what it takes to hook up TPP to a real 3DS.

Will he at least give the code and all the stuff needed to the guy who figured out how to do it?

And is there a script where I can click on screen for touch screen. What exactly does that script do. Finally, if not, wth are the ultra basic touch screen coordinates, never learned them

EDIT: Ok, how in the world do you put in the script in the console, keep getting an error

Crayolan

Only 30 minutes and already dancing rioting. :p

Will he at least give the code and all the stuff needed to the guy who figured out how to do it?

And is there a script where I can click on screen for touch screen. What exactly does that script do. Finally, if not, wth are the ultra basic touch screen coordinates, never learned them

Not sure what you mean.

-The script I gave is the one that lets you click on touch screen. It gives you the coordinates for the place you pressed, then just enter them
-I put instructions for how to do it in the OP
-I don't know many basic touch screen coordinates. I learn them sometimes but then always forget.

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ
Wonder what he's doing

Meanwhile...
Crayolan: up

Crayolan

ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈلຈ༽ノ
Wonder what he's doing

Meanwhile...
Crayolan: up

I was hoping we could walk out of the grass immediately upon the stream coming back up. I didn't realize we'd black out off camera. Doesn't matter now though, we caught a Purrloin, and Lillipup, so Tepig will be released within a few hours.

PBalfredo

Fuck, tossing ball at trainers did not subtract from our total number of balls. It only put the pokeballs in the Last Item Used slot and we caught a Purrlion because of it. One Purrlion isn't too bad, but we need to make it out of these woods without filling up our party with Patrats and WHAT IS UP WITH THIS ENCOUNTER RATE JESUS CHRIST

caught a lillipup

WE'RE OUT

At least we know for sure the master ball will be used on a wild pokemon, right guys?
Here's a confession I hate to make, I have NEVER been able to find where to nget the monkeys
really embarrassing for me, but I dont personally care for them, so yeah

Never knew you could get Sawk so early either

EDIT: We should train up lillipup before Tepig gets released, as it stands chat is too bent on fulfilling stupid fire starter curse

PBalfredo

EDIT: We should train up lillipup before Tepig gets released, as it stands chat is too bent on fulfilling stupid fire starter curse

There's an equally, if not greater, push to keep Tepig. It's definately GatorWars 2.0, but remember how GatorWars ended.

If anything we should redouble our effort to keep Tepig in our team. We've beaten six games already, do that is not the challenge. Keeping our fire starter to the Hall of Fame is the new frontier.

cyui1VC.jpg

N

G-Fex

I give up

I want to join but I haven't a clue about anything pokemon.

This isn't probably the best place to start eh?

Crayolan

I give up

I want to join but I haven't a clue about anything pokemon.

This isn't probably the best place to start eh?

Someone joining this late? Well uh, if you mean you want to get into pokemon in general, then no this isn't the best place. If you want to join TPP then you can just watch until you have an idea of what's going on. Or just never input, 90% of viewers don't input regularly anyway--even during Red--so it's not a big deal.

G-Fex

Someone joining this late? Well uh, if you mean you want to get into pokemon in general, then no this isn't the best place. If you want to join TPP then you can just watch until you have an idea of what's going on. Or just never input, 90% of viewers don't input regularly anyway--even during Red--so it's not a big deal.

well mostly TPP. But I'll just watch then. I'm probably going to make a thread when I start to play pokemon itself.

PBalfredo

Thanks to the battle with Joey ( <3 ) only Tepig is alive and we have a rare opportunity to get rid of the Route 1 trash in the PC with Tepig being immune due to being out only non fainted pokemon. But if we heal with Nurse Joy, that goes away. Why must they be so close to one another?

h8cbuH9.gif

Thanks to the battle with Joey ( <3 ) only Tepig is alive and we have a rare opportunity to get rid of the Route 1 trash in the PC with Tepig being immune due to being out only non fainted pokemon. But if we heal with Nurse Joy, that goes away. Why must they be so close to one another?

h8cbuH9.gif
If we deposit something and withdraw it again, the immunity also goes away because it automatically heals that Pokemon.

PBalfredo

At the first gym, but our trash mons are in the lead position and the gym leader's Lillipup was able to freely set up like six Bulk Ups on Patrat and then proceeded to sweep out entire team.

Temathael

So I was sleeping when this started and now the team is already filled with random junk. We need to get rid of at least half of them and that won't end well.

The pig needs to live :(

Also, GMYC is a cool name.
Edit: and the Wyrm Patrat has a funny name, I'm okay with never losing her no matter how bad the stats.
Liepard would be nice too actually, if we ever manage to evolve.

So I was sleeping when this started and now the team is already filled with random junk. We need to get rid of at least half of them and that won't end well.

The pig needs to live :(

Also, GMYC is a cool name.
Edit: and the Wyrm Patrat has a funny name, I'm okay with never losing her no matter how bad the stats.
Liepard would be nice too actually, if we ever manage to evolve.
There is no chance of us keeping the starter. Seemingly 3/4 of the chat spam right now is about wanting to release him.

Temathael

There is no chance of us keeping the starter. Seemingly 3/4 of the chat spam right now is about wanting to release him.
We can save both Bacon and Broccoli. And also catch some ice cream for dessert.

Too bad they are likely to die, but I'm willing to believe in a miracle here.

Crayolan

Wow, we have everything go right for us in that gym battle getting a crit and then a paralyze on lick so we can outspeed and then lose because we fail to use vine whip. How anticlimactic.

Neo Child

Banned
Idea: Twitch stream of Pokemon Blue and this time viewers have no influence on what happens.

So Pokemon tries to complete itself? Might be grand and probably take weeks or months to complete!

Crayolan

We're gonna be stuck in the entralink for awhile lol.

It looks like we've made zero progress since last night, and I'm guessing this is why. If it's that progress-halting streamer might have to disable touch screen or find some other way to make sure we can't use the C-Gear.

Idea: Twitch stream of Pokemon Blue and this time viewers have no influence on what happens.

So Pokemon tries to complete itself? Might be grand and probably take weeks or months to complete!

But then very few people would want to watch after the beginning. Part of the reason people like TPP is because the viewers are in control. Also I think things like this have been done before with RNGPlaysPokemon.

Maybe this will finally make the steamer do something about the trolls. Or he'll just ignore it like always and wait until everybody stops watching. It would be nice if somebody had an alternative with moderators.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
It looks like we've made zero progress since last night, and I'm guessing this is why. If it's that progress-halting streamer might have to disable touch screen or find some other way to make sure we can't use the C-Gear.

But then very few people would want to watch after the beginning. Part of the reason people like TPP is because the viewers are in control. Also I think things like this have been done before with RNGPlaysPokemon.

Did any of those ever go anywhere? It'd be super interesting if one was still running after all this time.

Top Bottom