• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

dolce.jpg

You rang?

Na, there is no fault in my logic. Age plays a role in athletics as well damage, especially Boxing.

I assumed you were one of those fools saying Manny has passed his prime as if Floyd is in his prime, and for that i apologize.

It does, but damage plays a bigger one. It's why Roy Jones Jr. looked horrible against Calzaghe after he already got starched by Tarver and then again by Glen Johnson.

Barrage

I don't think Rousey's back for 200, and I damn sure don't think the Rematch is happening then. She'll take a can to gear up, pocket a mil, get her head right.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I don't think Rousey's back for 200, and I damn sure don't think the Rematch is happening then. She'll take a can to gear up, pocket a mil, get her head right.

That's if she is not a Tyson and self destructs. Her entire style was just picked apart. Everyone will knows now she was a false queen.

Hey Dude

Banned
So what happens with Holm now? Shes pretty unmarketable imo. My guess is shes a ppv co main eventer/ fox sports 1 main eventer til she loses.

They aren't going to risk her losing again. UFC 200 rematch for sure.

So what happens with Holm now? Shes pretty unmarketable imo. My guess is shes a ppv co main eventer/ fox sports 1 main eventer til she loses.

Holm is way more marketable than DJ, Aldo and Dillashaw. Who cares about marketable anyways. She a fucking badass.

That news about the broken jaw legit?

Nope. Dana said on Twitter

That's if she is not a Tyson and self destructs. Her entire style was just picked apart. Everyone will knows now she was a false queen.

This is an overreaction if I ever saw one.

She took the L...not every fighter is Holly Holm. She will be fine.

Plus, Tyson's self destruction was based on a lot factors, the greatest of which was D'Amato passing and his marriage to Robin Givens failing. He didn't just self destruct after losing to Douglas.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
It does, but damage plays a bigger one. It's why Roy Jones Jr. looked horrible against Calzaghe after he already got starched by Tarver and then again by Glen Johnson.

Going up to heavyweight and then coming back down in your mid 30s was dumb as fuck too.

BadAss2961

I think she's a solid ppv co-main. They might be able to test the waters in a main event against Miesha. Miesha's a favorite.

Going up to heavyweight and then coming back down in your mid 30s was dumb as fuck too.

To be fair, Tarver was a legitimate contender. Roy couldn't avoid him without people calling him out.

Even with his KO losses, Roy is still by far the most physically gifted boxer to ever lace it up in my opinion. His speed and power at 168 was dynamite.

Just dropping in real quick to post my thoughts and reflect on the fight. I was too aggressive to begin with and was looking to get that arm bar too quickly. Holly is a boxer and is built for distance fighting. She controlled the pace of the fight and kept me out of my comfort zone. Holly was the better fighter that night and deserved the victory. I have a lot to work on and I'm excited to return to the gym and push myself further than I ever have before. I'll be back, and better than ever.

467.gif

Holly the queen now.

Zok310

Banned
It's not just that she lost, it's the way she lost. She got completely tooled and outclassed. She would need to completely change everything about the way she fights to have a shot at Holm. Fighters in the stage of their careers that she is in rarely if ever do that.

That's usually how campions lose, they always lose in a bad way, it's almost always from an underdog and almost alway unexpected.

Qvoth

Just dropping in real quick to post my thoughts and reflect on the fight. I was too aggressive to begin with and was looking to get that arm bar too quickly. Holly is a boxer and is built for distance fighting. She controlled the pace of the fight and kept me out of my comfort zone. Holly was the better fighter that night and deserved the victory. I have a lot to work on and I'm excited to return to the gym and push myself further than I ever have before. I'll be back, and better than ever.

oh shit

DMczaf

The real Ronda wouldn't have remembered her GAF password after that beatdown.

Yaari

I do wonder what they have planned for Holly. I can see Ronda sitting out until 200 like she said she would, "until we miss her".. Lol.

paskowitz

Yes. Yes you are.

Guru-Guru

Banned
Except she has crushed almost everybody else in the top 10 of the division quite handily, and the remaining couple girls she hasn't faced offer Ronda nothing. Yes, she got exposed yesterday, but there isn't anybody outside of Holm who could beat her at 135.

RK9039

Don't worry, you still have WM32.

RELIGHT

Banned

How cute. I'll be taking my notebook back now.

BadAss2961

Except she has crushed almost everybody else in the top 10 of the division quite handily, and the remaining couple girls she hasn't faced offer Ronda nothing. Yes, she got exposed yesterday, but there isn't anybody outside of Holm who could beat her at 135.
Nunes might have something, especially now with the blueprint out there.

You can't really blame him for that, he knew he could beat Ruiz.
Dropping back down was a massive mistake, he looked like half the man he used to be in that first Tarver fight and was lucky to get the win.

Y'all merciless.

I can only imagine what would've happened if Mayweather lost.

100x worse when Roy Jones Jr. lost and that was bad.

Boxing message boards back in the day were banning anyone who made fun of Roy that night and the next day. Some pretty salty moderators who worshipped Roy were vindictive as hell lol

black_13

Banned
Damn it's scary how quickly people have turned on her.

I think she was damn good fighter who just got a little too cocky and let her guard down. It happens to alot of people. Including Mohammed Ali. I think her fight style was studied and Holly took advantage of her predictable routine. I'm excited to see her learn from this and come back stronger.

Tagyhag

I think she was damn good fighter who just got a little too cocky and let her guard down. It happens to alot of people. Including Mohammed Ali. I think her fight style was studied and Holly took advantage of her predictable routine. I'm excited to see her learn from this and come back stronger.

I think most people turned on her not because of her in-ring performance, but what she did outside of it.

A little?

I think that she'll really enjoy her life a lot more [if she loses]," Rousey said Tuesday at a UFC 193 media day at her Glendale Fighting Club gym. "The life of a champion, I think isn't for everybody. And I think that the life of a contender, it's a lot nicer in a lot of ways. A lot of these girls don't realize until they're the contender and they get all that extra pressure put on that they don't really want that life. I think this kind of environment isn't what Holly would like. I hope that she takes the money that she gets for losing and has a great life that she would like a lot more than this one."

She's the kind of person where after I beat her and she makes a lot of money, I'm like, 'Good for her. Buy yourself a Albuquerque house with that,'" Rousey said. "The last chick (Bethe Correia) it was like, she's a big old bitch, I kicked her ass, she made a lot of money and I'm like, 'Oh well, whatever. Have fun with that.' With Holly, I'll genuinely be happy for her and hope that she accepts her loss in a healthy way and enjoys all the benefits that she got from this fight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom