• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 193 OT: Ronda Rousey vs Holly Holm / First PPV headlined by 2 womens Title Fights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effect

PG supposedly reaches a larger audience and has potentially more money. (toys, merchandise, games, etc.). It's the shareholders and the board that influence this decision.

Ah gotcha. If they're seeing a real benefit from it good on them. They were doing all of that (toys, merchandise, etc) before though. I'm not sure how changing the tone would expand the audience. Kids were loving the WWF/WWE without any toning down. They have the numbers of course.

When she was saying shit like this about Holly just days before the fight:

She was sort of asking for people to tear her to shreds if she didn't back up her big words.

If she's been talking like this then she certainly deserved to lose. She needed this loss and she certainly needs to lose any rematch to get this attitude in check. There is being confident in one's self and there is this.

Not

Banned
When Trump thinks you're a cunt..

Huh, but even Trump refrained from calling her a cunt. Where does that leave you?

Women don't get second chances the way men do. You see it in Hollywood, politics, and everyday life. Thanks for proving that tonight, everybody.

Mayweather boxing girls half his size is pretty common. It's just usually his wife or girlfriend. "Boxing Girls" is exactly why he went to jail.

Dude is a scumbag and we shouldn't forget that.

Mayweather is not twice her size, and the post said he wants Mayweather to teach her how to box, not box her himself. Apparently May ain't the only one who can't read.

Mayweather is not twice her size, and the post said he wants Mayweather to teach her how to box, not box her himself. Apparently May ain't the only one who can't read.

The point is he should never be in the ring with ANY woman. Teaching or otherwise.

You know, based on his criminal record.

All McGregor has to do is survive the UFC 194 fight to make it to a UFC200 rematch. Because the rematch will always be worth more than the 100th Frankie Edgar/Mendes Vs. Aldo fight.

With his iron chin I hope so.

UFC 200 with:
Rousey/Holm
Jones/Cormier
Aldo/McGregor
Silva/GSP
Nick Diaz Vs. Striker

Please god let this happen.

BadAss2961

I think most people turned on her not because of her in-ring performance, but what she did outside of it.
Yup.

Even still, i'm kinda over the roasting already. After the knockout I was all like this...

ljuLYGh.gif

Now i'm ready for the rebuilding.

Hey Dude

Banned
All McGregor has to do is survive the UFC 194 fight to make it to a UFC200 rematch. Because the rematch will always be worth more than the 100th Frankie Edgar/Mendes Vs. Aldo fight.

UFC 200 with:
Rousey/Holm
Jones/Cormier
Aldo/McGregor
Silva/GSP
Nick Diaz Vs. Striker

McG is a headliner and so is Jones. Theyd never agree to a co main spot.

Nosgotham

Damn it's scary how quickly people have turned on her.

I think she was damn good fighter who just got a little too cocky and let her guard down. It happens to alot of people. Including Mohammed Ali. I think her fight style was studied and Holly took advantage of her predictable routine. I'm excited to see her learn from this and come back stronger.

A little cocky? You been following her interviews lately? It's hubris straight up. She fell into her own hype and showed how much class she lacks.

Not touch gloves and swinging a cheap shot after the bell exposed her. I'm glad she got such a savage beat down in front of everyone after acting like that. Humble pie served cold.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Huh, but even Trump refrained from calling her a cunt. Where does that leave you?

Women don't get second chances the way men do. You see it in Hollywood, politics, and everyday life. Thanks for proving that tonight, everybody.

You barking up the wrong tree brah

harSon

Banned
I'm not sure why harSon is defending Mayweather on not being able to read. His poor upbringing is irrelevant to why he can't read NOW. If people were making fun of him for being a kid and not being able to read he may have a point. Then again, if Mayweather were white, harSon wouldn't have brought it up at all.

Damn, you've got me figured out. I'm just counting the days till science advances enough to alter genetics so I can finally rid my body of these ghastly white genes.

UFC 200 with:
Rousey/Holm
Jones/Cormier
Aldo/McGregor
Silva/GSP
Nick Diaz Vs. Striker

Lol why the fuck does Diaz make the card?

What are you even talking about? Women don't get 2nd chances but men do? What is that based on? The miesha tate rematch didn't happen then?

tkscz

Damn it's scary how quickly people have turned on her.

I think she was damn good fighter who just got a little too cocky and let her guard down. It happens to alot of people. Including Mohammed Ali. I think her fight style was studied and Holly took advantage of her predictable routine. I'm excited to see her learn from this and come back stronger.

A little?

chrZRX8.png

She said this because, during the weigh in, Holly touched Ronda's face, however:

CrDFXaG.jpg

Ronda MADE Holly touch her face by grappling her arm. Ronda was becoming her own worse enemy, of course people turned on her.

MilkyJoe

Good grief...

Banglish

I didn't really "turn on" her, but her attitude definitely made me like her less.

I still like her attitude. Same reason I like Nick Diaz's attitude. The only thing that changed for me is that my respect for Holly went up 10 fold. I didn't think she would perform so well considering her other UFC fights.

A little cocky? You been following her interviews lately? It's hubris straight up. She fell into her own hype and showed how much class she lacks.

Not touch gloves and swinging a cheap shot after the bell exposed her. I'm glad she got such a savage beat down in front of everyone after acting like that. Humble pie served cold.

and tasted like athletes foot

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
If by some miracle Rousey came out and dominated Holm in the rematch it would be pandemonium. Instant trilogy

I'd like Ronda to prove herself. A win would put her back on track.

Maybe served with a dose of humility to help her immature invincible perception of herself.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
What nonsense. No way is Ronda turning down a fat pay day for a rematch. Shit, she'd probably get paid more for a rematch than she earned here.

No shit. Flashbacks of Chuck getting crushed for the 2nd or 3rd time in a row and then getting his pic taken at a strip club just loooovin life.
She gonna make money off ufc for at least another year before she starts making comic book movies.

I kind of see where Magical Sound Shower is coming from. Fedor Emelianeko's first loss was a much bigger deal to MMA fans, and even that thread is a fraction of the size of this.

But Ronda does have more cultural relevance than Fedor, and I think that tends to attract a lot of "casual" fans who just want to gloat about someone whom they are only tangentially aware of losing a fight.
Dana stop posting on GAF and get back on that comeback plan already. I wanna see that second loss on my new flatscreen I'm getting.

FaceTurn

Does anyone know what triggered Honda to be such a bitch at weigh-in and after? She seemed perfectly respectful to Holm in the lead-up.

Does anyone know what triggered Honda to be such a bitch at weigh-in and after? She seemed perfectly respectful to Holm in the lead-up.

It's all theater. And for Ronda, it's how she gets herself hyped also. She always has to be in the mindset that she hates her opponent, even though she truly doesn't. And she's always displayed bad sportsmanship anyway. Doesn't touch gloves before a fight. Doesn't shake hands after a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom