• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT4| Nothing Stops This Patch!

shaowebb

Could you add to the Iron Fist blurb that his rekka overhead is never used to open people up because it causes a bounce that prevents his combos from being able to use Crumples or launchers and that its an imperative change to remove that? Really that is one of the biggest things in his change log aside from the rising fang access and air utilities.

Sigmaah

Dahbomb, those are godlike explanations, Jesus Christ.

How you do that is beyond me. You have an amazing brain.

Godlike contribution list God's Beard, I made the cut! Yay!

Dahbomb

Could you add to the Iron Fist blurb that his rekka overhead is never used to open people up because it causes a bounce that prevents his combos from being able to use Crumples or launchers and that its an imperative change to remove that? Really that is one of the biggest things in his change log aside from the rising fang access and air utilities.
Alright I will add that in.

I have fixed some of the grammatical errors in the changelog as recommended by Zissou along with other fixes. The changelog is updated. I haven't added my explanations in yet because they aren't proof read yet.

There were some controversial changes that I didn't add in. Some of the stuff included:

*Amaterasu's Veil hyper and Soul Drain interaction. Some concerns over potential DHCs Veil into AV for Soul Drain combos that would build the meter back enough for a second maybe even third AV. A big component of the patch change was limiting her meter gain in the hyper so if this is another way she can get loads of meter then it needs to be addressed.

*The Phoenix overhead change of course.

*The Hulk Gamma Quake change.

*Nemesis's life drain mechanic. Right now I have completely removed it because it's very non specific as to how the life steal mechanic would work. Honestly I would just rather scrap it.

*Chris's Shotgun change. I think I agree with Zissou that a 10 frame reduction is too much, would be safer with a 5 frame reduction.

*Jill's Machine Gun hyper. Zissou brought up that it would double the damage, I showed that it wouldn't really change the damage much and that's the problem... the change is insignificant. Instead we should be asking for the spray of the bullets be slightly altered so that a majority of the bullets hit face down forward from where Jill is arcing. That is where you need the bullets to hit the most and it would also buff the damage of the hyper when she uses it OTG. Basically what I am saying is that the problem isn't the damage of the individual bullets or the number of bullets... its the percentage of bullets hitting in the spot that you want them to hit. We didn't change this aspect of the hyper so if only 1/4th of the hyper is hitting at that spot in the neutral then that is the reason it does pitiful damage.

Zissou

I have fixed some of the grammatical errors in the changelog as recommended by Zissou along with other fixes. The changelog is updated. I haven't added my explanations in yet because they aren't proof read yet.

So you've implemented all the stuff I've PMed so far then, yeah? I'll go through and do grammar corrections in a bit for characters I haven't had a chance to yet.

Dahbomb

So you've implemented all the stuff I've PMed so far then, yeah? I'll go through and do grammar corrections in a bit for characters I haven't had a chance to yet.
Yeah all the stuff you PM'd to Karst I changed except for the stuff I listed above.

Zissou

Yeah all the stuff you PM'd to Karst I changed except for the stuff I listed above.

Nice work. As I keep going with the characters I haven't gotten to, I'll fix grammar mistakes as I find them, and for anything else I'll post here in thread and PM you guys.

I'm about to make some food, if you're still around later, sure. PSN name is on my profile. If I miss ya tonight, then we can aim for next couple days.

Zissou

I'm up through Strider on the grammar changes. Should hopefully be able to get through the rest tonight or tomorrow morning.

There were some controversial changes that I didn't add in. Some of the stuff included:

*Amaterasu's Veil hyper and Soul Drain interaction. Some concerns over potential DHCs Veil into AV for Soul Drain combos that would build the meter back enough for a second maybe even third AV. A big component of the patch change was limiting her meter gain in the hyper so if this is another way she can get loads of meter then it needs to be addressed.

*The Phoenix overhead change of course.

*The Hulk Gamma Quake change.

*Nemesis's life drain mechanic. Right now I have completely removed it because it's very non specific as to how the life steal mechanic would work. Honestly I would just rather scrap it.

*Chris's Shotgun change. I think I agree with Zissou that a 10 frame reduction is too much, would be safer with a 5 frame reduction.

*Jill's Machine Gun hyper. Zissou brought up that it would double the damage, I showed that it wouldn't really change the damage much and that's the problem... the change is insignificant. Instead we should be asking for the spray of the bullets be slightly altered so that a majority of the bullets hit face down forward from where Jill is arcing. That is where you need the bullets to hit the most and it would also buff the damage of the hyper when she uses it OTG. Basically what I am saying is that the problem isn't the damage of the individual bullets or the number of bullets... its the percentage of bullets hitting in the spot that you want them to hit. We didn't change this aspect of the hyper so if only 1/4th of the hyper is hitting at that spot in the neutral then that is the reason it does pitiful damage.
I don't remember anyone worrying about AV and VoM interaction or the new Gamma Quake. Have you not seen Morrigan combos off of Eye of Agamotto?

Tirael

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";93287242]I just thought an alphabetical list of everyone that contributes to the thread was the classy thing to do. No need to have a hierarchy of contributions.[/QUOTE]

I am perfectly fine with this. I haven't posted in this thread much, but with everything coming to a head, I'm on the edge of my seat.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
I've been lurking for a while on these boards, and I'm really pleased with the suggestions I'm seeing.

Ya'll have done a fantastic job. Hopefully this all comes to fruition. It looks like with CF's hint that it's in the realm of possibility!

ZeroCDR

Glad to see the patch suggestions are (almost) finished! I wanted to pop in and say thank you to all the committee members and contributors, this is a tremendous achievement whether we get a patch someday or not. Great work!

I also wanted to let everyone know lots of MvC goodies are on sale on PSN, including MvC: Origins (75% off for PS+!) and the complete costume pack for UMvC3 (Cross-buy with Vita should still be in effect).

I think this is the first time the complete costume pack has gone on sale for PSN, I'm awfully tempted.. I did go ahead and buy Origins right away.

Dahbomb

I also wanted to let everyone know lots of MvC goodies are on sale on PSN, including MvC: Origins (75% off for PS+!) and the complete costume pack for UMvC3 (Cross-buy with Vita should still be in effect).
1379165877341.gif

I am just waiting on Zissou to fix the final few characters then we just have to discuss what we have to do with the controversial stuff and after that we submit it. We also need the document to be converted because right now it's filled with editing tags and stuff, not exactly presentable.

onionfrog

So is it sent then?
I don't believe it has been sent yet. Still under final review and revisions by Zissou and Dahbomb.

I think this is the first time the complete costume pack has gone on sale for PSN, I'm awfully tempted.. I did go ahead and buy Origins right away.
Anyone who doesn't have all the DLC yet should buy them. If only to continue supporting the series!
That means you Karst!
Last I knew you hadn't bought the costumes. My apologies if you've bought them already since then.

I might re-buy Jill and Shuma while they're on sale since mine were activated from a friends account. I'll have issues if my console ever dies and I need to redownload them...

Dahbomb

While we are finishing this, someone should post the contact information for the people we should be sending it to (Twitter, Email, Facebook... whatever they check the most). That way as soon as its done we can send it right away as opposed to searching for emails/twitter names.

Combofiend
Chris Baker (Marvel games)
Yoshinori Ono
Niitsuma
Neo_G
haunts
Matt Dahlgren
Maximillian
Viscant
Ultrachen
FChamp, ShadyK, Magus (because they originally started the theory patch talk)

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Yes I suggest that anyone who doesn't have the costumes should get them, they're really fun and in some cases look better than the original costumes.

onionfrog

Yes I suggest that anyone who doesn't have the costumes should get them, they're really fun and in some cases look better than the original costumes.
Plus it's the closest you'll get to actually playing as any iteration of Megaman. :/

The alt costumes are really nice!
Think of the the new color synergy you can bring to your team!

TheAnvil

Neo Member
Plus it's the closest you'll get to actually playing as any iteration of Megaman. :/

The alt costumes are really nice!
Think of the the new color synergy you can bring to your team!

I always thought of it as being Zero wearing X's suit as his voice/quotes are the same. It makes him team really well with Frank visually at least when they're both suited up like Megaman lol.

I wonder what would happen if they do an update and X was a character though? Zero's X costume would make it really difficult to know what's going on if they're both on screen at once. Maybe they'd have to recolour Zero's DLC costume or something.

Sigmaah

I always thought of it as being Zero wearing X's suit as his voice/quotes are the same. It makes him team really well with Frank visually at least when they're both suited up like Megaman lol.

I wonder what would happen if they do an update and X was a character though? Zero's X costume would make it really difficult to know what's going on if they're both on screen at once. Maybe they'd have to recolour Zero's DLC costume or something.

X will never be in Marvel. I've finally accepted the fact that it'll never happen.

Time to move on from that and request Sigma in marvel. I'd cry of happiness if he was in marvel.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
X will never be in Marvel. I've finally accepted the fact that it'll never happen.

Time to move on from that and request Sigma in marvel. I'd cry of happiness if he was in marvel.

I think if we got more characters then a blue bomber would be included. With classic in Smash (and possibly not usable because of that), it'd either be Volnutt or X. I'm not bothered about either but more people seem to want X. Frankly I'd love a classic rep so I wouldn't mind TvC moveset Roll in. :p.

Tirael

Oh man oh man oh man. I'm so excited!

Combofiend seems to be at least somewhat active on capcom-unity. If you're a user, theoretically you could send him a message.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/combofiend

onionfrog

If X was ever put in the game, which is a pretty big if, I think they'd do one of the following:

A) Remove Zero's alt costume entirely(ala Magneto, King of Spain)

B) Replace Zero's alt with something easy to do. Zero's X1 appearance with the rounded shoulder pads perhaps?

C) Replace Zero's alt with a brand new costume: MMZ Zero... This one is the least likely. lol capcom.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
If X was ever put in the game, which is a pretty big if, I think they'd do one of the following:

B) Replace Zero's alt with something easy to do. Zero's X1 appearance with the rounded shoulder pads perhaps?

C) Replace Zero's alt with a brand new costume: MMZ Zero... This one is the least likely. lol capcom.

I dunno though, because people actually paid to get his costume. How can they justify removing something that you actually paid for?

onionfrog

I dunno though, because people actually paid to get his costume. How can they justify removing something that you actually paid for?
They'd probably just replace it with MMX1 Zero then.

Anyways, lets wait and see if anything happens. I don't want to get too hype over nothing. :p

I am interested in seeing the reaction once our theoretical patch list is released.

I'm absolutely terrible at UMVC3 (I want to get better) but I do enjoy the game, and I appreciate all the effort you guys have put into these patch notes.
Fingers crossed the game'll get the patch/update it deserves.

Dahbomb

I am interested in seeing the reaction once our theoretical patch list is released.
People are probably going to go ape shit over the Morrigan/Phoenix buffs and the removal/nerfs of the unblockables but other than that most everything else seems fine.

TheAnvil

Neo Member
B-But spiked shoulderpads Dr. Doom!
I guess Sentinel and Dorms costumes aren't that great...
If you ever use Arthur on a side team again, his Alt costume is pretty cool.

Dormammu's costume is pretty cool, I much prefer his original (the DLC one) to the new look.

Sigmaah

I'd love to see MMZ Zero as the "new" alt if that happened or Black Zero with the purple Saber. Shit would be so nice.

Dahbomb

I re-worded the Jill Machine Gun Spray change:

+Machine Gun Spray damage of the down-front arc (3 o clock to 6 o clock position) increased; Number of bullets fired in this arc increased in percentage of the total bullets fired in the hyper.
Machine Gun Spray does pitiful damage. We recall a recent video where a Jill player used 5 bars of Machine Gun Spray spam against a Taskmaster player with a sliver of health left, and still Taskmaster remained standing. Machine Gun Spray does decent damage when comboed into so the problem with the hyper is the distribution of the bullet spread for non combo situations. We wish to see the spread more concentrated in the area where the opponent actually is so that the damage is meaningful when used outside of combos. We leave the exact values to Capcom so that they can find the right balance of combo and non combo damage.

Man even the slightest patch rumor just reinvigorates this thread. Must also be because of the theory patch nearing completion and being distributed. I want to believe though.

Top Bottom