• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US GAF: Support your national soccer team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nesotenso

#usmnt lineup vs. Austria: Howard (c); Cameron, Gonzalez, Brooks, Beasley; Jones, Bradley; Bedoya, Johnannsson, Shea; Altidore

can't really complain about this. Looks like Jurgen learned what he needed to. Eddie on the left side is always gonna be a mistake. Good to see a guy who actually plays RB play there. Jones was poor last game. Hopefully Mix gets more minutes over Sacha.

edit: crap, forgot that the match is on NBCSN

Brooks and Johnannsson getting a start.

LvVGK2k.gif

Regarding everyone's favorite right back:
@DougMacESPN: Word is Brad Evans tweaked a hamstring in training yesterday. Not serious, but didn't want to risk further injury. #USAvAUT

daoster

Man, I've been so busy, I haven't even been paying attention to the lineups. Didn't even know Brooks was in this camp, thought he was injured!

Meier

Is the game on BeIN today? :(

Edit: Ahh I see NBCSN -- nice! I can actually watch it then. :) I saw it wasn't showing on the WatchESPN schedule so I feared the worst.

xbhaskarx

I like this lineup a lot more than the last one... although I would have preferred Diskerud in the middle where AJ is and Johannsson on the left over Shea. I think Shea is best used as a sub to run at tired defenders...

Oozer3993

Totally not a goal. I mean, it was only 1 foot behind the line. It's only a goal if it hits the net.

Sincerely,
The refs from England/Germany in the 2010 World Cup.

Meier

I had to update my flash player to get it working.

The download for the new version of flash is like my dial-up days. 100 megabit connection but still going at 1% every 10+ seconds..

Edit: Didn't fix it. Just says "Your program is about to begin" initially then a constant loading symbol. Weird.. hope they fix this quickly.

Meier

Seems like MAYBE it will work if I follow the direct link from their tweet. Clicking the link from the front page of Live Extra itself had me in the perpetual loop.

NoRéN

Once again, US lacking in just about everything. Boring to watch and nothing to look forward to less than a year to Brazil.

Nesotenso

NoRéN;90535239 said:
True. Still, you would expect everyone playing out of their skins since this is where they show if they deserve a ticket to Brazil.

eh, loss doesn't dictate how world cup turns out. only concern today for me would be Jozy and his confidence. He has had opportunities in the box in both games and his shit time at Sunderland is carrying over to the national team.
edit: game could/should have been 1-1 at the least. Cameron possibly pushing Evans out is a positive for me. I think Brooks is a very good passer of the ball and had one blemish on the goal. Jones was very poor but Klinsmann is enamored with him too much to ever bench him I think. Wish he was more consistent and disciplined.

Dull game and the US was lacking a little mojo on this two game stretch. Cameron looked good at RB and I thought Jozy did well up top given that no one was really getting him the ball. Brooks wasn't great, but he's only 20 and he'll have better days in the future. I like what I saw from Johannsson and Bedoya, but Shea should probably be used as an impact sub against tired teams instead of starting. It'll be interesting to see how the team comes together next year as there's lots of competition for spots on the roster and in the first team.

Nesotenso

Dull game and the US was lacking a little mojo on this two game stretch. Cameron looked good at RB and I thought Jozy did well up top given that no one was really getting him the ball. Brooks wasn't great, but he's only 20 and he'll have better days in the future. I like what I saw from Johannsson and Bedoya, but Shea should probably be used as an impact sub against tired teams instead of starting. It'll be interesting to see how the team comes together next year as there's lots of competition for spots on the roster and in the first team.

I think Bedoya was a tireless worker if at times ineffective in stretching the field and crossing stuff in. Him Zusi and Donovan are good options to have.

NoRéN

Fucking dull.

Johannsson and Bedoya should be locks for the team considering the lack of competition for them. Lets hope they stay fit.

Meier

From Yurt in the Footy thread:

BZd5dqFCUAAGcp3.jpg:large

Keep your fingers cross for Switzerland and/or Greece. Algeria too would be a dream. There's gonna be some really, really tough draws.

Edit: Some conflicting info if those Pots are 100% confirmed or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom