• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld - Live in Your World, Play in Ours - Sundays on HBO

sangreal

I interpreted the MiB just standing there in front of the army as him waiting for them to gun him down

That is certainly a possibility, but robots don't miss so I don't see why they would shoot him in the arm unless on purpose. Really though I am just guessing that anyone we don't see die onscreen is going to return

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I think that was honestly one of the best cliffhangers I've ever seen, insomuch as it leaves me eager to see more but also functions as a perfectly serviceable standalone ending, IMO

Solo

cab-passing-woman-in-times-square-at-night-picture-id121343866

Doesn't look like anything to me.

Vengal

So you think the security guys had to pay out of their paycheck if they damage a host? Because after like 20 of them died the rest were still hesitating to fire and issuing voice commands.

The Ford heel turn was so interesting. All of his rhetoric about the host and their subhuman nature being a smoke screen while at every turn he was safeguarding them from the board de-evolving them. Hell of a God complex. Mauve disregarding her script is insteresting. Or was the script just to get her rebel against the script. Making her truly sentient?

Such a smart show.

The internet laid out the entire plot, every twist was uncovered by reddit. Big theories were William = MIB, Bernard=Arnold, Delores=Wyatt. Literally everything was found out before the show aired it.
Only because writers made sure to include clues for those conclusions to be made.

Less like an uncovering, more like piecing together a jigsaw puzzle

Yo so that was Exit Music (For a film) by Radiohead near the end btw, so no Paranoid Andriod buuuut another OK Computer song

THEY JUST COULDN'T RESIST

Solo

To further speculate, I think Ford was making his clone/host in Ep. 7. As someone else mentioned, it's possible that it was his host that got killed.

As for William, I didn't interpret the ending as him about to get murdered at all. He's just entered the next level of the game. He'll be back. Have you ever seen someone so happy to get shot?

I think Maeve's plot was to actually give her the choice in whether she wanted to leave the park or not on her own terms. She had commands to actually get her to the train but it was own choice as whether to go or not.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
So fucking good.

Went closer to the movie than I thought.

Check out future world if you want some hints as to where this might go.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The Ford heel turn was so interesting. All of his rhetoric about the host and their subhuman nature being a smoke screen while at every turn he was safeguarding them from the board de-evolving them. Hell of a God complex. Mauve disregarding her script is insteresting. Or was there script just to get her to make that choice against the script.

Such a smart show.
Ford's "the hosts aren't conscious" thing makes a lot more sense when he says "humans aren't either". He basically doesn't believe in some higher consciousness, it seems like, but thinks the hosts are the next step after humanity and its time to unleash them

voOsh

I wouldn't classify that ending as a cliffhanger. Obviously we don't know where the plot goes from here but the initial arc has concluded.

The hosts are their own masters now. What happens next is their story to tell.

What makes the show stand out is twofold.

1) it's a show of mystery that actually gives legitimate clues to let fans figure things out and doesn't overthink things "for the shock" and break it's own narrative rules

2) even if you do figure things out ahead of time it's execution is so amazing you're still engaged.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Most annoying thing about this episode was the spectacularly inept park special forces. They were all conveniently dumb and horrible shots.

sangreal

What was Sizemore doing at the end? I was too caught up in everything to realize what was going on with him.

He walked into the cold storage room that used to be full of 'retired' hosts and found it empty. The implication is that ford has re-purposed them

Veitsev

Also the maeve storyline is still stupid. I get that it was revealed to be all part of the plan but the butchers having that kind of park access is ridiculous. It can be hand waved as part of Ford's machinations but it not setting off any bells with park security is unbelievable. Would have made more sense if she had convinced someone with more power.

Solo

What was Sizemore doing at the end? I was too caught up in everything to realize what was going on with him.

He was supposed to get Abernathy out of cold storage, uploaded and on the train.

But then it turned out all of cold storage was back in the park.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I guess Maeve returning for her daughter was her consciousness moment.

Can't wait to see MiB playing the game for real in season 2, although it loses something if very host is just part of a terminator army.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Most annoying thing about this episode was the spectacularly inept park special forces. They were all conveniently dumb and horrible shots.

Yeah, that was a real low for me. Especially the extra scene at the end. Dude is still trying to use commands to stop a renegade host. :|

But otherwise I dug it.

Top Bottom