• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Phone |OT3| Apollo has landed

Status
Not open for further replies.

J. Bravo

Snapchat and tinder please that's all I want. The unofficial snapchat keeps giving me arithmetic overflow errors when I try to log in :(

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
I think the Nokia camera apps would be a,lot more useful when posted to social media if they didn't include the fluff. I just posted a refocus to Facebook and there's a lot of crap, with my actual comment on the photo buried by a bunch of Nokia stuff.

Milchjon

After one day with the charging plate, here's my verdict:

Shit's amazing and should be standard for every small electronic device in the future.

Milchjon

tumblr_inline_mk37roPFYr1qz4rgp.gif

Might be a dumb question, but I assume it'll support video filters?

Also hoping it has at least some of the WP-specific features of 6tag.

Edit:

This game has an amzing style. Gonna try it when I'm home.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.
What's the next big app, then? What is the highest profile app we are missing now? I know there are a ton of missing apps, I'm just wondering what we can whine about now, as a collective, to help the Verge for their next windows phone review.

kharma45

Nokia Music has had a rather radical overhaul into Nokia MixRadio. Tile looks shite now but performance is improved on my 620.

Good day for apps all round.

flippedb

Banned
See, I'm excited about Instagram, and I know I'll install it, but 6tag is too good. 6sec sucks compared to the official Vine, but 6tag offers things that are not available elsewhere.

Milchjon

Nokia Music has had a rather radical overhaul into Nokia MixRadio. Tile looks shite now but performance is improved on my 620.

Honestly feels like we're getting new/good/improved apps every day now.

I counted yesterday, 140 apps on my phone after a month and even though I already deinstalled some.

Edit: I hope Storyteller, Beamer and co will be available rather soon on older phones.

kharma45

What's the next big app, then? What is the highest profile app we are missing now? I know there are a ton of missing apps, I'm just wondering what we can whine about now, as a collective, to help the Verge for their next windows phone review.

Still no sign of Flipboard appearing. No Temple Run 2 (lol), Candy Crush, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, BBM (although it is coming), BBC News, BBC Weather, Sky Go, Sky+, Dropbox and YouTube from looking at the top apps on the Play Store.

VanMardigan

has calmed down a bit.

Its upside down headphones, it isn't great, but its better than the generic musical note they used before.

Edit: yeah, I say drop box and YouTube are the next milestones. Flipboard is coming already.

KageMaru

Still no sign of Flipboard appearing. No Temple Run 2 (lol), Candy Crush, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, BBM (although it is coming), BBC News, BBC Weather, Sky Go, Sky+, Dropbox and YouTube from looking at the top apps on the Play Store.

IMO YouTube, drop box, and especially candy crush should be the next line of apps being pursued.

Milchjon

Alright...

Instagram looks beautiful. And what was Tom Warren talking about not being able to take pics from the app? Cause that works.

Love the redesign of Nokia Mix Radio, even enjoy the logo. What I don't understand is that it seems like you can't control it from outside of the app via the dropdown thingy, which was definitely possible the last time I tried (on WP7). Makes it a lot less useful.

Also:

joebelfiore ‏@joebelfiore 1m
Hey press guys... someday one of you will write the real story of how we got each of these apps. The actual truth will be fun to read. :)

Edit:
Waze is up too

Milchjon

Okay, Strata is absolutely beautiful and I love it and I just paid 2.99 for even though I know it's the kind of game I'll never be able to master.

Check it out if you like puzzles!

Trial seems to be quite substantial too.

More on WPCentral.

Milchjon

Waze is kinda ugly. Since I don't drive much, I don't see myself using it a lot.

Instagram is replacing 6tag for me for everything but pinned feeds. Although I like 6tag's way of using pics on the live tile.

flippedb

Banned
I can't download pictures on the official Instagram app, so that's a no-go for me. Also, I can't notice a quality difference between both, so yeah, 6tag is a keeper.

Part of me feels like Instagram should have just paid Rudy a little bit and handed him over their official APIs and graphics and used 6tag as the base for the official app. Both apps have their nuances. I see a lot of potential for the official one, but right now I like the visual layout of 6tag (using the modern light theme with full screen unchecked) and the fact that it has more features (photo tagging, photo map, video upload, etc.). I'm assuming a lot of those features will make it in by Instagram 1.0.

I wonder if it will be like the facebook beta, ongoing with tested features making it in to official full version releases.

Milchjon

When I used Nokia Music before, I usually had problems to create great mixes.

First attempt here, first 4 songs are all songs I adore. Awesome.

Edit: Too many apps, having a hard time to make my start screen reasonably beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom